1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 029 - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder about tariffs too. I just read about video cards, there were some that basically increased MSRP by 10% in the US now b/c of tariffs. Who knows what they have to deal with and may be adding $15 per figure.

Ordered this guy yesterday from Sideshow, as I received a $25 coupon for my Mando purchase at the end of November. It seems HT is no longer handing them out for Marvel purchases, as they didn't give me one for Wasp. Anyway, combined the coupon with some rewards and got him for $168, which after shipping & taxes should come to just under $200 in total.

Moff-Gideon-Sixth-Scale-Figure-Hot-Toys.jpeg

I'm getting him, but I feel like his eyebrows are too "kind." Y'know what I mean? Like, compare that photo to the one in your signature DarkChocobi. One looks like he's plotting to murder you in a cantina shootout, and the other looks like a Walmart manager. Both are evil, but one has a more Moff Gideon expression than the other :lol

Looks good to me. I am still debating how deep I want to go with the Mandalorian line, but he may be on my list.

I'm getting him, but I feel like his eyebrows are too "kind." Y'know what I mean? Like, compare that photo to the one in your signature DarkChocobi. One looks like he's plotting to murder you in a cantina shootout, and the other looks like a Walmart manager. Both are evil, but one has a more Moff Gideon expression than the other :lol

It's a good sculpt, but I also would prefer that it emanated a little more Gus Fring malevolence. :lol

Agreed, must correct the bette davis eyebrow paint apps.

I also have this on PO and will keep it.

It's a good sculpt, but I also would prefer that it emanated a little more Gus Fring malevolence. :lol

Yeah this is the one time when that lifeless, dead-eyed expression HT is known for actually would have been perfect for a figure. Yet instead they've given him a warmer and friendlier expression than most hero characters ever get. Lol

Pretty much the same generic - mild expressions for most of their figures (Tarkin, Krennic). But hey this one is a Hot Toys manifestation of Gus Fring himself!. Have already PO'ed him with two Terminators :).

I'm still debating whether or not to pre-order this figure. He's a villain with a lot of potential, but I would like a bit more character development to differentiate him from all the other imperial cannon fodder. Does anyone think he'll show up in season 3? Or maybe in some of the other spin-offs?

Does anyone think he'll show up in season 3?

Just wishful thinking, but given the way Cara is going to have to suddenly be written out of the show, if I were the show-runners I'd have it relayed to Din that (off-screen) Gideon pulled a fast one while Cara was transporting him for trial and he killed her and stole her ship. Gideon lives to be evil another day and he's still out there as a potential thorn in Din's side.

(Regarding whether you should buy it... I mean, it's your money, so you do you. But I feel he's at least as cool-looking as Paz, aka Heavy Mando, and Gideon got way more lines/scenes than that guy did)

Back