1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shiiiiiiit.

I have two standard guys, figured that was enough for what I wanted to do with a display and sat on the deluxe. I really just wanted one of those Z-6 rotary guns. ****, shouldn't have waited so long. My own fault. I guess I can always pick up a third standard to hold onto just in case.

Anyway, if anyone who army built with the deluxe wants to sell a rotary gun they won't be using because they have an excess, let me know!

Going to send you a PM with some help.

You were an awesome help here, thank you so much. Really came through in the clutch for me.

No problem; really glad I could help. Always happy to assist a fellow collector.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to secure a 501st Deluxe without gambling on the waitlist (which will likely convert if you get on it now), Amok Time is the last retailer I’ve seen with the Deluxe near retail.

A friend called their store and confirmed they have them as of about two weeks ago. Everywhere else is sold out or already raised their prices.

https://amoktime.com/hot-toys-star-wars-501st-battalion-clone-trooper-deluxe-sixth-scale-figure/

Hey guys, the standard is about to be waitlisted:
C04568C1-3D59-4E69-9CD0-E80C1325A97C.png

Next years 2023 Con exclusive!
👉
= 👈

Lol, I reckon we're the only folks on the whole of the web chatting about 2 pips on Hot Toys 501st Clone armor at 2am on a Thursday.
🤔

View attachment 580646

Okay, how about some matching blue-striped socks in pairs of 3... a special procurement for the three legged Troopers of Clone Force 39?
Those will go great when unboxing the inevitable 501st hobo Morrison we'll receive as an SDCC exclusive later this year.

Edit: lol, inevitable not invincible. Hobo 501st looks quite defeated. Imps are bad employers. Dismissing its backbone army.

Last edited:
Standard is waitlisted now too. Crazy how fast they went. I was debating picking up a spare this morning. Left my house for the office at 7:35. Figured I’d buy it when I got to work to not deal with extra traffic. Went to buy at 8:10 and it was gone.

These guys clearly sold well so hopefully the 212th is next up. Standard troopers would be a great start but would be nice to get a few specific guys like Waxer or Boil too.

Wonder… Maybe they put these out of stock because of limiting discounted sales? If so, they should be back in stock soon. Or they’re gone for good. We’ll see.
I already swore off buying from Sideshow but was going to buy this because of the sale. If they cut it off just to relist because they sold too many for their liking I absolutely won’t buy from them again. Normally I wouldn’t even complain like that but I wouldn’t put something like that past them.

I already swore off buying from Sideshow but was going to buy this because of the sale. If they cut it off just to relist because they sold too many for their liking I absolutely won’t buy from them again. Normally I wouldn’t even complain like that but I wouldn’t put something like that past them.

They've definitely done it during other sales before where there was some sort of unknown allotment for the sale and after that they turned it off. I have a feeling this sell out is legitimate though.

They use these weird things at times. Like instead of returning Maul from "add to cart" to "pre-order", they made it "sold out"/"Join waitlist". It's now available like normal. This was also done to IG-11 last year, when most figures sold out before or close to release.

Standard is waitlisted now too. Crazy how fast they went.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/134038
BBTS has the regular for now for anyone feeling FOMO.

Wonder… Maybe they put these out of stock because of limiting discounted sales? If so, they should be back in stock soon. Or they’re gone for good. We’ll see.

With all the figures that came out at once and likely a high number produced, these were in stock for longer than they probably wanted. They don’t really gain anything from holding back now. They’ll be happy to see them sold out.

I could see some kind of cap if it were a bigger discount, but 10% off is well within their margins and at this price point, it ends up being about the same amount they’re normally comfortable discounting with the $20 codes.

It flew under the radar a bit but this is also not the first time these were available at 10% off for any quantity within the household limit. They qualified for the Black Friday coupon last year for example.

There were other opportunities to buy them at a discount as well. Sideshow has wanted them out of the house for some time now. :lol

AC97CA3E-52BF-44E3-8C46-CDB7391813BF.gif

Last edited:
Back