1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 023 - The Clone Wars: 501st Battalion Clone Trooper (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw crud. I totally meant to order another 501st earlier this week when they were on sale. Now they're waitlisted. Doh!

I remember when people were all "you need not to wait on Cody, he's going to sell out, this is an iconic figure and you need him" and what did people do? You know it. Its going to be the same thing with Rex and really, anything worth having. IF YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE this is not a new concept! If you dont wanna pay ebay prices then your ducks should have been in a row a year ago. No sympathy! Speaking in general here.

Last edited:
I remember when people were all "you need not to wait on Cody, he's going to sell out, this is an iconic figure and you need him and what did people do? You know it. Its going to be the same thing with Rex and really, anything worth having. IF YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE this is not a new concept! If you dont wanna pay ebay prices then your ducks should have been in a row a year ago. No sympathy! Speaking in general here.
Thats why I bought 2 more Rex's, too good of a deal to pass up and he's gunna become more desirable as they continue with clone wars and 501st displays

Thats why I bought 2 more Rex's, too good of a deal to pass up and he's gunna become more desirable as they continue with clone wars and 501st displays

I did the same, I have a 2nd Rex just waiting in the box, he might be someone I bring to the office or someone I'll hold onto for a bit, especially when he eventually sells out.

Nice to see the 501st finally waitlisted though, I hope everyone who wanted one (or multiple) took advantage of him being in-stock for 10 months. At the same time, if you jump on the waitlist now, it'd probably be converted in a few days.

I did the same, I have a 2nd Rex just waiting in the box, he might be someone I bring to the office or someone I'll hold onto for a bit, especially when he eventually sells out.

Nice to see the 501st finally waitlisted though, I hope everyone who wanted one (or multiple) took advantage of him being in-stock for 10 months. At the same time, if you jump on the waitlist now, it'd probably be converted in a few days.

Hold on to that second Rex and never let go.

I have a multitude of Rexs but won’t sell any of them. He’s just too important. You can make more money but you can’t make another Rex.

Hopefully folks that wanted the 501st figures have long bought them. They were definitely available for a very long time; longer than any of us expected.

Aw crud. I totally meant to order another 501st earlier this week when they were on sale. Now they're waitlisted. Doh!

If you or anyone else here wants another, BBTS sold out today as well but ToyDojo and CMD Store still have the Standard.

Comic Fortress and Amok Time still have both the Deluxe and Standard.

Waitlist is still probably viable but you can buy those today.

:yess: Whew... I'm so glad I had a wild hair to grab mine a couple days ago... I've been on the fence about it since release. My mind was blown that it went on waitlist a bit after I pulled the trigger. Only got the standard though, I don't need all the fancy bells and whistles for my boi~

:yess: Whew... I'm so glad I had a wild hair to grab mine a couple days ago... I've been on the fence about it since release. My mind was blown that it went on waitlist a bit after I pulled the trigger. Only got the standard though, I don't need all the fancy bells and whistles for my boi~

if you do need them, you can find them 3D printed on That Crafting Site with an E. In fact you can find any clone helmet out there, you can find about any type of katarn armor you want 3D printed out there. Lots of very interesting Food For Thought. I want to say they have 3D printed Republic Commando armor there, which is a verrrrrry interesting idea indeed. Since you know we will never get that from HT.

Seriously considering trying to recreate Darman from the books as a start. That'd be most interesting to do. Or perhaps Ordo.

Last edited:
if you do need them, you can find them 3D printed on That Crafting Site with an E. In fact you can find any clone helmet out there, you can find about any type of katarn armor you want 3D printed out there. Lots of very interesting Food For Thought. I want to say they have 3D printed Republic Commando armor there, which is a verrrrrry interesting idea indeed. Since you know we will never get that from HT.

Seriously considering trying to recreate Darman from the books as a start. That'd be most interesting to do. Or perhaps Ordo.
I made my own custom Commando from 3D printed parts, if you have the drive you can always have clones to add to your collection :cool:
This summer I'll be making a Phase 2 Fordo as well. One day I'll make a Darman too!

Yeah I absolutely have no issue with him wearing the 332nd helmet. I just think Hot Toys probably lost a hundred orders at the very minimum by not including a very simple accessory. The same thing they're already making but just painted differently. Bad job by them.
especially since Vaughn has no unhelmeted sculpt, giving an alt helmet would make it worth it for me to order

11th hour stock update for those folks that still need it:

Toy Dojo still has the Standard and is currently the best option. They have not raised their price on it as of this post.

CMD Store has a few regular but has raised the price.

Comic Fortress has the Standard but has sold out of the Deluxe.

Amok Time has sold out of both.

Getting on the Sideshow waitlist may still work, though I feel like a lot of people might have jumped on it already.

Last edited:
These guys were available FOREVER!! Its funny how people are freaking out now thats its wait listed.

People....
Thinking the same thing, along with the nice deals we've gotten since Black Friday. Collectors have had plenty of time.

Too much time probably led to a bit of false sense of security on these, especially for newer collectors. Some of us here had a feeling they’d be selling out soon, especially after the SWC codes.

I genuinely hope everyone that wanted them got what they wanted. But I did see someone elsewhere say “It’ll come back because they always do.”

Brah if that were the case, figures would never sell out and Sideshow would need a warehouse the size of the Death Star to manage their inventory.

Self 1: maybe we need to get one of those Coruscant Guards. You know, just because.

Self 2: okay dont lose your mind here, Mando season 3 is comin' up.

Self 1: but what if he sells out? He looks pretty cool.

Self 2: he doesnt match the clones you have now, nor will he match Vaughn or Jesse.

Self 1: what about Cody? He doesnt either.

Self 3: what about that plain white new clone they just put up.....? Or the pilot!!

Self 1 and 2: SILENCE HERETIC THE ADULTS ARE TALKING

Self 1: we would need at least two Coruscants, for pairing purposes.

Self 2: these things aint free, you know.

Self 1: but what if Coruscant sells out.....?

....and so it goes. This is terrible.

Self 1: maybe we need to get one of those Coruscant Guards. You know, just because.

Self 2: okay dont lose your mind here, Mando season 3 is comin' up.

Self 1: but what if he sells out? He looks pretty cool.

Self 2: he doesnt match the clones you have now, nor will he match Vaughn or Jesse.

Self 1: what about Cody? He doesnt either.

Self 3: what about that plain white new clone they just put up.....? Or the pilot!!

Self 1 and 2: SILENCE HERETIC THE ADULTS ARE TALKING

Self 1: we would need at least two Coruscants, for pairing purposes.

Self 2: these things aint free, you know.

Self 1: but what if Coruscant sells out.....?

....and so it goes. This is terrible.

Three questions:

1. How many Ramatuelles do you have in there?

2. Which of the Ramatuelles has “heretic” as their favorite word?

3. Which Ramatuelle do I tell to just buy the Coruscant Guard? Great figure, tons of shelf presence. Maybe you could do a one of each legion display some day and it’ll be a bad time if you missed out on it.

There was definitely a lot of time for people to get these if they wanted. Truth be told I wouldn’t have been super upset had I not been able to secure a second one (this is actually the first figure I’ve bought a straight duplicate of).

Between Rex, one standard 501st, and Jesse on the way that would have been pretty good representation, but adding another 501st will be cool.

Side note- I wonder how long the Coruscant Guard will be in stock still. I wonder if as many were made or if it was a lower production run than the 501st figures.

Back