1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not namecalling, it's naming a toxic behavior, you must understand the things you think before you actually say it.

In fact, I'm even helping you out if you're not a misogynist, just don't use terms like Mary Sue so you don't get confused with one.

Luke and Rey training were similar, they were both helped by the Force to help maintain the balance(this was explained in the movies).

First, let me make it clear: you are talking to a woman. Do not be saying "misogynist" to me.

Second, you are not "helping me out." What you're doing, whether you realize it or not, is casting yourself in a pretty poor light.

Third, I will say "Mary Sue" any old time I like. Them's the rules.

We're done here, I think.

It's not namecalling, it's naming a toxic behavior, you must understand the things you think before you actually say it.

In fact, I'm even helping you out if you're not a misogynist, just don't use terms like Mary Sue so you don't get confused with one.

Luke and Rey training were similar, they were both helped by the Force to help maintain the balance(this was explained in the movies).
Bath salts.

DAMMIT!

I just asked myself if I would buy a Rebels Ahsoka, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, Ezra, Zeb and Chopper, and my answers were:

1. Hell Yes
2. For sure Yes
3. Absolutely Yes
4. F*** Yes!
5. OF COURSE Yes
6. Yesirree!
And
7. Hell Yes!

This hobby will be the end of me 😭
Sabine would look so good in figure form.

It 100% is name calling. The majority of us are fans of characters like Leia, Ahsoka, Jyn Erso, Bo-Katan, Cara Dune, and Fennic (not to mention non Star Wars characters like Ripley or Sarah Connor) so the term misogynist (which means "a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women") doesn't make any sense...especially since there are legitimate complaints about how Rey was written and not the fact that she's a woman. You can debate those reasons if you want, but simply calling them misogynist is lazy, dishonest, and the kind of anti-intellectualism that plagues our society these days.

I doubt we’ll ever get Rebels versions of any of those characters, although we’ll more than likely get D+ Ahsoka versions of all of them. Sadly not Kanan. Hopefully Mary Sue (joke!) turns up in something in her Rebels outfit as it’s by far her best look imo. I’m even tempted to buy the Sideshow PF Rebels Ahsoka for that look, and I generally have no interest in statues.

I doubt we’ll ever get Rebels versions of any of those characters, although we’ll more than likely get D+ Ahsoka versions of all of them. Sadly not Kanan. Hopefully Mary Sue (joke!) turns up in something in her Rebels outfit as it’s by far her best look imo. I’m even tempted to buy the Sideshow PF Rebels Ahsoka for that look, and I generally have no interest in statues.

Oh, for sure. Deep down, I'm not even hopeful that Hot Toys would ever touch Rebels characters. But I am more than positive that we'll get Ezra and Sabine live-action versions from the Ahsoka show.

DAMMIT!

I just asked myself if I would buy a Rebels Ahsoka, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, Ezra, Zeb and Chopper, and my answers were:

1. Hell Yes
2. For sure Yes
3. Absolutely Yes
4. F*** Yes!
5. OF COURSE Yes
6. Yesirree!
And
7. Hell Yes!

This hobby will be the end of me 😭
Agreed! I would need the entire squad + Maul and Inquisitors if Hot Toys ever got to them. I'm convinced we would be getting figures from HT if Rebels was airing right now.

It 100% is name calling. The majority of us are fans of characters like Leia, Ahsoka, Jyn Erso, Bo-Katan, Cara Dune, and Fennic (not to mention non Star Wars characters like Ripley or Sarah Connor) so the term misogynist (which means "a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women") doesn't make any sense...especially since there are legitimate complaints about how Rey was written and not the fact that she's a woman. You can debate those reasons if you want, but simply calling them misogynist is lazy, dishonest, and the kind of anti-intellectualism that plagues our society these days.
Hear hear. Tho Mary Sue or not, can't even say I didn't take to Rey; I did at first. The entire talented ST cast suffered from bad scripts and execution.

actually the very worse thing about ahsoka was that she was anakins Padawan at all. I believe she was mean to be plo koons because dave never thought he would get anakin and obi wan and to be honest i think it would probably have been better to have barely used those two in clone wars. Ahsoka grew into a decent character but I never really like cw anakin.

as for the other thing - the sequels have many problems in my opinion and Rey is just one of many.

as for the figure I’m looking forward to it

Not unless she's a duel US and HK based release, right? I am assuming she will be, hence the delay when she was logically next a while ago, but who knows...I am quite anxious for her myself!
That’s what I was saying. At this point, it’s gotta be another dual release. So when Sideshow sends out the shipping notice emails, we can expect the pictures to go up on Hot Toys accounts.

That’s what I was saying. At this point, it’s gotta be another dual release. So when Sideshow sends out the shipping notice emails, we can expect the pictures to go up on Hot Toys accounts.
Sure hope you're right. I think the last duel release was Lando and I think the Sideshow emails beat the HK photos by a day or two. I think everyone (myself included) thought it was an error on Sideshow's part.

I'll get hate for this but I find Ahsoka an infinitely more interesting character than Leia.

OOOOoooo! My good sir! Putting this conversational third rail out there takes courage! And I am serious

Leia has never been a fav of mine altho I dont feel disdain for her, but most of my problem with her is inherent to TLJ. The things done to her character therein are the fault of the scriptwriters and the director.

Otherwise I blame Lucas, who made her interactions with Han needlessly b*tchy and confrontational. Damn, lay off the man every now and then! Would being nice sometimes kill you? I know that was Lucas, because he pulled the same crap with his female leads in the Raiders of the Lost Ark franchise. I totally would NOT have blamed Jones for jumping off a Mayan pyramid to get away from one of them especially. So Leia's much easier to like in text.

She's not a Mary Sue though. We dont see her doing a giant backflip to cut Vader's ship in half, at least.

actually the very worse thing about ahsoka was that she was anakins Padawan at all. I believe she was mean to be plo koons because dave never thought he would get anakin and obi wan and to be honest i think it would probably have been better to have barely used those two in clone wars. Ahsoka grew into a decent character but I never really like cw anakin.

as for the other thing - the sequels have many problems in my opinion and Rey is just one of many.

as for the figure I’m looking forward to it

I think this is the first time I've seen someone not like TCW Anakin. The show has its flaws, but never saw Anakin as one of them.

For me, TCW Anakin was the Anakin we were supposed to get in the films, likeable, a hero of the Republic, intensely loyal friend and a powerful Jedi.

Sure hope you're right. I think the last duel release was Lando and I think the Sideshow emails beat the HK photos by a day or two. I think everyone (myself included) thought it was an error on Sideshow's part.

Is EG Captain Marvel gonna be a dual release too???? Or is it gonna be like EG Captain America where it won't be in stock until nine months later :google :panic:

Oh God - we're still talking about this. I miss the days when people would discuss endlessly how overpowered Obi-wan or Luke were. Or how there's no way Han Solo could do the Kessel run so fast without "training." Oh wait - that never happens... I wonder why...

I hope this figure comes soon so we can put this tiresome, off-topic conversation out of its misery.

Back