1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOOoooo! My good sir! Putting this conversational third rail out there takes courage! And I am serious

Leia has never been a fav of mine altho I dont feel disdain for her, but most of my problem with her is inherent to TLJ. The things done to her character therein are the fault of the scriptwriters and the director.

Otherwise I blame Lucas, who made her interactions with Han needlessly b*tchy and confrontational. Damn, lay off the man every now and then! Would being nice sometimes kill you? I know that was Lucas, because he pulled the same crap with his female leads in the Raiders of the Lost Ark franchise. I totally would NOT have blamed Jones for jumping off a Mayan pyramid to get away from one of them especially. So Leia's much easier to like in text.

She's not a Mary Sue though. We dont see her doing a giant backflip to cut Vader's ship in half, at least.
Just to be clear, I don't dislike Leia. I just much prefer Ahsoka, that's all. Clone Wars is probably my favourite Star Wars media, even some of the filler episodes a lot of people hate lol.

Fingers crossed that we wake up to production photos tomorrow.
Been hoping for those photos for months now. Can't wait to get my Rex figure and display him with Ahsoka and Anakin.

Or do I have her squaring off against Maul when he releases. 🤔

First, let me make it clear: you are talking to a woman. Do not be saying "misogynist" to me.

Second, you are not "helping me out." What you're doing, whether you realize it or not, is casting yourself in a pretty poor light.

Third, I will say "Mary Sue" any old time I like. Them's the rules.

We're done here, I think.

The thing(or the fact) is if Rey was male, she would be praised by everything she did in the trilogy just like Luke or any other male protagonist.

But i agree with you about Leia\Solo, her romance with Solo was hard to watch in ESB but i disagree about TLJ because it reminded me why Leia is the most powerful in the original trio.

Ahsoka is one of the best well written characters in Star Wars.

Last edited:
robert-downey-jr-facepalm.gif

The thing(or the fact) is if Rey was male, she would be praised by everything she did in the trilogy just like Luke or any other male protagonist

Horsefeathers! I have seen plenty of criticism of Luke's training or lack thereof. Are we sure how long he was even actually on Dagobah? And he didn't have that long with Kenobi either. Luke got a -little- training as a young man. But more, actually than almost everyone else. Its still a valid complaint.

Rey: meets Kylo and instantly bests him with a lightsaber, which she has never handled before IIRC. OKAAAAAAAY.

Luke: duels with Vader after learning all he can from Yoda and Kenobi - and ends up losing a hand and being told a psychologically agonizing thing that he never really gets over. Luke pays a very high price for his path as a Jedi. He loses both his mentors, and he loses his real father. He is a Jedi. He has paid the price.

Rey: what price does she pay, other than Kylo's death? Her sworn enemy. She is a lightsaber duelist supreme with nary one instant of training.

Mary Sue.

I will grant you that compared to that, Ahsoka's arc is Shakespearian.

P.S.: AND THEN Rey swipes the Falcon out from under its rightful owner, Chewbacca. What a rage-inducing moment! What DOESNT she get handed to her?!

Years of orphancy which was offscreen.

She survived in Jakku in a tough society. She knew how to fight. And Kylo had a blaster wound.
Luke took off an arm of Wampa without any proper experience with any weapon. And he force pulled a saber without any kind of training.

Rey was beaten by Kylo fair and square after her training which shows that her training was not enough to overcome Kylo.
Luke beat his father after his training, one of the most powerful force user in history.

Rey did not have any chance to meet her family. Luke at least redeemed his father.

Well, is she owerpowered? Sure. But many heroes and heroines are.

That doesn't mean I don't have any issue with Rey. Using mind trick was out of nowhere. Let alone lack of training, she shouldn't have heard anything about it in the first place.

By the way, where is my Ahsoka? Isn't it orange friday today?

Years of orphancy which was offscreen.

She survived in Jakku in a tough society. She knew how to fight. And Kylo had a blaster wound.
Luke took off an arm of Wampa without any proper experience with any weapon. And he force pulled a saber without any kind of training.

Rey was beaten by Kylo fair and square after her training which shows that her training was not enough to overcome Kylo.
Luke beat his father after his training, one of the most powerful force user in history.

Rey did not have any chance to meet her family. Luke at least redeemed his father.

Well, is she owerpowered? Sure. But many heroes and heroines are.

That doesn't mean I don't have any issue with Rey. Using mind trick was out of nowhere. Let alone lack of training, she shouldn't have heard anything about it in the first place.

By the way, where is my Ahsoka? Isn't it orange friday today?
The problem is that people dont understand how the Force works and why most of the prequel jedi (Republic Soldiers) were weaker than any empire Jedi(Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, Ezra, Kanan, Luke, Rey).
The main difference between Luke and Rey is that Rey is extremely open minded (she wanted at all costs to escape her reality and belong to something), but Luke (he just wanted to leave Tatooine and have adventures) on the other hand he was closed minded (during ANH and ESB).

When the Force talks to Rey, she immediately accepts blindly while Luke has second thoughts, this is showed comparing Padawan Luke(X-wing levitation) and Padawan Rey(Rocks levitation), remember what Yoda said about weight\size been insignificant to the power of the Force.
In comparison with dealing with the Force Rey is like Obi Wan and Luke is like Anakin. The force works like a faith power up, if the user is trully connected to the force he is unstoppable (Oby x Anakin).

Anyone can use a lightsaber, but only a force user can actually wield properly the weapon.

Talking about Ahsoka, she become way stronger when she left the Order exactly because of what i explained above, when she was a padawan she was just a soldier of the republic, she was better than most but bellow the better knights like Anakin.
But when she is expeled and cames back in season 7 she finds her way in the force and is able to defeat Maul and later desactivate a Inquisitor's lighsaber using just will, in season 7 she became a true Jedi Knight and after her duel with Vader she hits the level of Master.

Been hoping for those photos for months now. Can't wait to get my Rex figure and display him with Ahsoka and Anakin.

Or do I have her squaring off against Maul when he releases. 🤔
This is a figure that I will continually be reposing with various other characters from C.W.
You may have to buy two sj2106. $$$$$$

The latter is my guess. :tap

Agreed, I think it is safe to say that at this point. Hot Toys was rolling for a while with these releases and production photos. That came to a quick halt as the last few weeks have been quiet across the board for them.

We didn't even get an announcement last night either, since Jesse and Vaughn, we've only they've only announced new Spidey and the reissue of the 1/4 TDK Batman.

Agreed, I think it is safe to say that at this point. Hot Toys was rolling for a while with these releases and production photos. That came to a quick halt as the last few weeks have been quiet across the board for them.

We didn't even get an announcement last night either, since Jesse and Vaughn, we've only they've only announced new Spidey and the reissue of the 1/4 TDK Batman.
I think they're winding up to throw some serious product out for Spidey... I honestly would love to see no announcements for a month but have them release several things and give some semblance of catching up...

I don't know this actresses' work, but it seems like promising casting. We'll have to wait and see. I heard that they're actively casting Hera as well. She's supposed to appear in multiple series. I've always thought Yvonne Strahovski would make a great Hera. I thought she was great in Chuck, Handmaid's Tale, and The Tomorrow War.

I don't know this actresses' work, but it seems like promising casting. We'll have to wait and see. I heard that they're actively casting Hera as well. She's supposed to appear in multiple series. I've always thought Yvonne Strahovski would make a great Hera. I thought she was great in Chuck, Handmaid's Tale, and The Tomorrow War.

That is a great call. I liked her in Dexter. And she’s an Aussie!!

Attachments

• EB3B20FD-4FF8-4770-9E3C-7ED6021CEE42.jpeg
    EB3B20FD-4FF8-4770-9E3C-7ED6021CEE42.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 41
  • E25F7F7C-4A1C-4B67-AA57-33CA3E5CA0C6.jpeg
    E25F7F7C-4A1C-4B67-AA57-33CA3E5CA0C6.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 37
Back