Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the new pics make her look much better!...but i still think (like i said before) the heels need to be taller and that will balance out the body...i know she wont stand on her own then but that's what the stand is for ;)

M.

ummmmmm am I missing something, where was mms 101? this is 102, the last figure announced before this was marcus, which was 100, so what was 101?

Speaking of Gun Grey Metal Iron Man, I'd much rather see the blue and silver variant then the GGM IM :rock2

Wow its really strange how Silk Spectre seems to be so praised and loved in the English forums, yet disliked in and nitpicked on the Chinese forums :O Guess the Chinese dont exactly like Watchmen..

What kinds of things are they saying?

I've never recommended this before - but I think we all need to go on HT's website and use their feedback email to tell them how much we all like Laurie and how we're looking forward to them making ALL 6 of the Watchmen.

GO DO IT!

NOW!

Maybe it's the hair thats freaked them out? I'd assume this is Hot Toys first attempt at real hair?

Maybe it's the hair thats freaked them out? I'd assume this is Hot Toys first attempt at real hair?

The recent female Secret Service figure also used it. I guess it looks okay, I bought that one for a custom and immediately chopped it. To me it makes the figure infinitely more Barbie-like. I do think the doll hair suits her hairstyle but I still prefer sculpted hair.

....the more I look at the portrait the more I like it. I think this is just a tough combination of costume and anatomy. The new female body is excellent but it does look awkward here.

I think it's an admirable job, and will probably look better when futzed in-hand.

It was making me think of the Terrahawks more so than Thunderbirds looking with that hair. Due to it being so perfect.

The more I think of that hair and pvc I keep thinking of Die Hard 4.0 when Willis says to Justin, you play with dolls? as he snaps the arm off ¬_¬

Last edited:
It was making me think of the Terrahawks more so than Thunderbirds looking with that hair. Due to it being so perfect.

The more I think of that hair and pvc I keep thinking of Die Hard 4.0 when Willis says to Justin, you play with dolls? as he snaps the arm off ¬_¬

I felt a bit of that puppety vibe too but I didn't mention it for fear of being verbally lynched. But the more I look at the sculpt the more I like it. I guess she just looks like a mannequin.

Y'know that's the only part I can remember from Die Hard 4?
"Thank you, it's worth much more when it's broken.":lol

Wow its really strange how Silk Spectre seems to be so praised and loved in the English forums, yet disliked in and nitpicked on the Chinese forums :O Guess the Chinese dont exactly like Watchmen..

or maybe they like the movie, and just hate the figure. possible?

personally, love the book, hate the movie, wanted a 1/6 laurie, hate this figure.

I'm really not getting what's to not like about this figure, especially hate it.

She's freaking beautiful. Best female figure I've ever seen. Sure she has rooted hair but if you really think about it, 1/6 figs can all be called dolls anyways.

Looks as if Hot Toys got a great relationship with DC and WB so far........ hopefully later on they can get the rights to do some old school Batman, Joker and Catwoman from the Tim Burton films.

14Watchman_SILKSPECTREII.jpg

Now that's a doll. :rock

always wanted burton's bat cast. but i dont know if i'd be happy or worry when hottoys get the license. hottoys's still a hit and miss for me. would prefer sideshow pf. but then, their track record is not 100% either.

i dont know... BR joker has just spoiled me for eternity. now i expect that kind of standard every single time. damn you B-RRRR!!! *fist towards the sky, of course*

Looks as if Hot Toys got a great relationship with DC and WB so far........ hopefully later on they can get the rights to do some old school Batman, Joker and Catwoman from the Tim Burton films.

I hope so too. Mattel supposedly has the ability to make Burton and Schumacher Batman figures, just not the Adam West show. I don't see why Hot Toys wouldn't be able to if they wanted to as well.

Back