Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is this offending stretch mark? I don't go mad for her or anything just curious!

Regarding the fig, I'm not trying to get anyone's hackles up or anything but this does nothing for me the face doesn't look right and the hair is way too 'dollish' for my tastes.

Still though, bring on the coolest, most badass, best lines in the history of comics/movies and generally all round nice guy...Rorschach!!!!!!

Last edited:
Where is this offending stretch mark? I don't go mad for her or anything just curious!

Kate Beckinsales?
katestretchmarks.jpg

I mean, like I said, almost everyone has stretch marks so it's not a big deal or offending that she has them, but she should have not chosen to wear this dress.

She's still gorgeous tho. ;)

I really hope they make the figure attractive enough, cause Malin Akerman is gorgeous!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QgUeo-aocP8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QgUeo-aocP8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hope so too, to me she still looks like a mannequin. I just hope they make Rorschach, to me he'd end as the most flawless figure of watchmen if hot toys ever made him.

Kate Beckinsales?
katestretchmarks.jpg

I mean, like I said, almost everyone has stretch marks so it's not a big deal or offending that she has them, but she should have not chosen to wear this dress.

She's still gorgeous tho. ;)

Oh right sorry I thought you were talking about Malin Akernameishardtospell.

Youre right though she's way to hot for that to be a concern!

Well, this one should be coming soon....but have we had any news about any others? Anyone out there know?

I'm thinking this line is a dead issue, and I'm about ready to write them off and use the money I would have spent on them for other things. I'm kind of exhausted, waiting for some kind of news.

We still have nothing on the Comedian.

My Watchmen collection is pretty nice as it is, but these were going to be a highlight of it for sure. :(

I see any of them being a stretch now, even Rorschach. But he is the most likely.

I'm still surprised they didn't release the specs for Comedian yet. Maybe they are waiting until they release Silk Spectre to garner a little more hype for his release.

I doubt hype would have anything to do with it - the Comedian specs and pre-orders should have went up after Comic Con if they still wanted to strike while the iron was warm....

I don't get HT on this line. At all. After the initial Silk Spectre announcement, more should have followed within a reasonable timeframe, especially since they displayed The Comedian at the Con. Ending the line without doing the money maker (Rorschach), and showing but not releasing the second money maker (The Comedian) is just stupid. They've handled the whole thing poorly, and if they're afraid of lack of sales....well, no wonder. It would be their own fault.

This is the first time I've been truly disappointed with this company.

I just saw that a Dutch internetstore has the Comedian up for pre-order with a February 4th 2010 releasedate.

https://www.gator.nl/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=26&products_id=4712

I don't know where they got this info, but I don't believe it's correct, because with a Dutch february 4th releasedate, that would mean it would be a Sideshow release of late December/early January.

Yeah, I don't think that date is accurate. Someone put up on Hot Toys facebook that Silk is coming out this week? Is that true?

I hope she comes out perfect.

I really hope they do Rorschach, I can live without the others. I'd buy the whole line if they made them cos I love watchmen but if I get Rorschach I'll consider myself lucky at this point...

*edit* I still dont like the Laurie fig though!

I'm going to end up disappointed regardless. As much as I adore Rorschach and will happily buy him, I'll just be depressed at the lack of a Nite Owl to pose with him and Silk Spectre.

Yeah, Nite Owl was one that I wanted too. I figured he was a lock back when the license was announced since his costume. :(

Yeah, as much as it goes against every fan-girl principle of mine to cancel a preorder for a quality female superhero figure, I had to do just that recently.

No Nite Owl II, no Silk Spectre II. It would be like having my Sideshow Scully with no Mulder beside her. They just belong together.

Hopefully HT is just being really slow and will deliver yet.

No Nite Owl II, no Silk Spectre II. It would be like having my Sideshow Scully with no Mulder beside her. They just belong together.

Very well said! I'm thinking of cancelling mine too. I'm still waiting to see the first in hand pics, but unless they completely blow me away, there's a great possibility that I'm gonna cancel her... :(

If I cancel, then maybe I'll pick her up later down the line, depends on what HT is doing with the Watchmen license.

I doubt hype would have anything to do with it - the Comedian specs and pre-orders should have went up after Comic Con if they still wanted to strike while the iron was warm....

I don't get HT on this line. At all. After the initial Silk Spectre announcement, more should have followed within a reasonable timeframe, especially since they displayed The Comedian at the Con. Ending the line without doing the money maker (Rorschach), and showing but not releasing the second money maker (The Comedian) is just stupid. They've handled the whole thing poorly, and if they're afraid of lack of sales....well, no wonder. It would be their own fault.

This is the first time I've been truly disappointed with this company.

:lecture

very true. I totally agree on all of your points above.

Maybe we should ask our member, madmike to question HT bout this. If you want answers from HT, he's the right guy for the job. last time he asked HT regarding MJ thriller, they answered him in a matter of hours :lol

Very well said! I'm thinking of cancelling mine too. I'm still waiting to see the first in hand pics, but unless they completely blow me away, there's a great possibility that I'm gonna cancel her... :(

If I cancel, then maybe I'll pick her up later down the line, depends on what HT is doing with the Watchmen license.

If everyone cancels, then we won't get any others for sure. They won't think it's profitable to keep going.

I'm keeping her - I love the character enough by herself, and I have my DC direct Rorschach to pose her with if all else fails (and if all else fails, I'll likely get DC Direct's Comedian and Manhattan, too).

Supposedly, the Comedian is still on the way (per the Comedian thread).

I'm definitely still interested in Silk without any others... she was the only one I would have bought ;)

But like all the Hot Toys - I don't order or buy until I see some in hand pics. I am hoping they get her likeness and hair color right. If she looks good I know I will end up buying her from China on eBay because I am too impatient for Sideshow. :lol

I'm confused. Has Hot Toys said somewhere that they are never doing a Nite Owl II or has the lack of an announcement got people assuming its not planned?

Lack of an announcement. Plus a toy site a fair whiles back, (before any Watchmen announcement), had SS II, Comedian and Rorshach listed briefly.

Back