Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont get it
$160 , why ??? jonh connor and marcus are 20 to 30 dlls cheaper
and include lots of accesories
i like the figure thought , but i will wait for it to be cheaper , its not worth that much

See.. I like watchmen and would get all of them but this figure just looks like barbie doll lol. But she will fit in with the rest of the collection and ya I do think they should have released Rorschach or Dr Manhattan first. They loco?

That's how much that female body with no head goes for on ebay. It's worth more then that, but it is a rather bare bones figure.

It seems HT should be doing more of the other ones as DX figures, like as pointed out, Marcus Wright comes with a ton of ^^^^ and hes a regular release, same with Vito Coreleone. Only one DX announcement so far and he comes with about an equal amount of accessories as Marcus, seriously whats the differance, the Joker has the light up stand?

Hot Toys made a mistake releasing this figure as the first in the line. They should have either released Dr. Manhattan or Rorschach first and start the line out with a bang and maximum profit. Instead they release this figure first?

The logic behind it is, Silk Spector is likely to sell the least of the rest of characters, so you release her first and Watchmen fans are desperate for any merchandise so they gobble it up even if they don't want it. If they started with Rorschach first people would be like " Well I got what i wanted. I'm done."

The logic behind it is, Silk Spector is likely to sell the least of the rest of characters, so you release her first and Watchmen fans are desperate for any merchandise so they gobble it up even if they don't want it. If they started with Rorschach first people would be like " Well I got what i wanted. I'm done."

I totally agree.

Spoken like a true scholar!

while, it's a cool looking figure it does remind of a barbie doll. and while the head sculpt looks accurate to malin akerman's profile, there's just something off that i cant quite put my finger on....

It's the lack of intensity look, and it takes away alot of realism. Kind of like, almost a crosseyed type of thing. Even when she's looking right at you, she's not, it's like she's looking through or past you. Exactly like a barbie

I think the rooted hair is making some of you find faults with the sculpt or likeness when there really isn't. :lol

She should in no way be compared to this:
barbie340x300(1).jpg

WOW!!! I think it is awesome Hot Toys will be producing WATCHMEN figures. I will be getting these for sure. Imagine how the COMEDIAN will look...Holy crap that figure is gonna ROCK!!!! I am glad I passed on DC Direct's attempts at these characters.

I think the rooted hair is making some of you find faults with the sculpt or likeness when there really isn't. :lol

I don't know why everybody is riding on the fact that she has rooted hair, that's one thing I actually really like about the fig. When somebody says that he's not feeling the facial sculpt, why does there always have to be another reason? Maybe they just don't like the sculpt and feel it's somehow off (me included)...

(And to be clear, as this was always misunderstood with V1 Joker, IMO it's NOT a bad sculpt, I just don't really see the likeness).

I don't understanding people not seeing akerman in this sculpt, I mean, look:

ackermanc.jpg

I mean, yes in that photo her jaw looks a little bit slim on the doll, but her head is tilted down a bit there

Yeah, Mollins' comparison shot there really shows what a spot on sculpt it is. If you don't see Akerman in that then you are beyond hope. :lecture

Back