1/6 Hot Toys - The Mandalorian: Transport Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the difference with the Shoretrooper ? I was thinking of getting it (once released) and giving him a hama skirt thing. But perhaps the colours are wrong.No blue right.

Looks exactly like a mudtrooper with a tank commander helmet. I already have the mudtrooper, not sure about this one.

Looks exactly like a mudtrooper with a tank commander helmet. I already have the mudtrooper, not sure about this one.

This.

I like the helmet, I would have liked a tank trooper at the time.

Now it just seems a re-release of a figure not yet sold out with less stuff.

In the UK it will probably cost more than the Mudtrooper.

A Pedro in disguise would have been more tempting even though I wish he had kept the helmet on.

When will this come to market? A year or more?

Another lazy, lacklustre release which will come with an increasing price.

Not a pre-order for me and maybe not at all, just not excited.

Hot Toys seem not only to want to kill their golden goose but torture it first.

Perhaps Kathleen should replace Howard, she knows how to royally f@@k up a good thing.

If HT announced RO tank trooper instead of this, it would have received more hype despite RO came years ago.

This doesnt excite me at all. Who knows maybe in 2 years I?ll end up buying one.
Kinda lazy though they could have included a swap out bicep piece and a Din and Mayfeld sculpt and charged a much higher price.

People saying it should’ve come with a headsculpt; HT probably didn’t even know that din and mayfield were in the costume. They were probably given a pic of the troop and that’s it.

Din's HS would have been cool but i can live without if it means better retail price. It would have been great to have an alternate right arm armor part though. It would allow for rank variant display and eventually recreate chapter 15 duo with bootleg HS.

So what's the difference with the Shoretrooper ? I was thinking of getting it (once released) and giving him a hama skirt thing. But perhaps the colours are wrong.No blue right.

Definitely cannot work as a Captain or Squad Leader. It's a basic grunt but i can't really tell if its color matches Rogue One's version or if it's slightly darker.

I believe left to right ; trooper, captain. Squad leader.
a35dd71601d17e32d34728e50a899d38.jpg

People saying it should?ve come with a headsculpt; HT probably didn?t even know that din and mayfield were in the costume. They were probably given a pic of the troop and that?s it.

Okay, so? We can still want a headsculpt.

Thanks, yes that's the pic I was after. So they went for the most basic. Although I'd need to watch again, but going from this pic perhaps there were only grunts there ??

View attachment 501970

but creating a Squad Leader wouldn't be difficult.

View attachment 501971
View attachment 501972

Nah wouldn't be too tough. There was a captain I believe in the scene where they pull up and they're being saluted, but don't think there were any kama wearing squad leaders.

It looks ok but this barebones release is missing key components that I would argue should be a requirement and continues a trend which is troubling. A sign of the times perhaps. As the world swirls down the toilet so does the industry/company that once went all out on pretty much every release. Now 90% of the SW releases are ready-made troopers.

Back