Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is, if you have some reward points to add to them, then you really don't want to waste it.

I'm big time hoarding my points right now, by the end of the year I should have enough to almost get the Fett two pack for free. Last chance to do that though as Sideshow is seriously devaluing the points program in 2022.

I'm big time hoarding my points right now, by the end of the year I should have enough to almost get the Fett two pack for free. Last chance to do that though as Sideshow is seriously devaluing the points program in 2022.

Howso ? I thought it was just they have to be used within a year. Or is there more ?

Howso ? I thought it was just they have to be used within a year. Or is there more ?

No that is it, but it's a huge downgrade. They should just stop giving away freebie codes to social media scavengers and increase the number of points they give to actual customers and not have the points you earn expire.

No that is it, but it's a huge downgrade. They should just stop giving away freebie codes to social media scavengers and increase the number of points they give to actual customers and not have the points you earn expire.

OK. I just see it as free money as I only use them on figures I would buy anyway.

I look at it like this. I will have 5 figures over 5 years say, each with say $50 off using points. So that means one free one. That's it.

The thing is, if you have some reward points to add to them, then you really don't want to waste it.

I had $16 reward points in my SSC account for years before they decided to cancel them. I didn't care at all (in fact I was glad I didn't receive the damn email notifications anymore, the ones that were sent regularly to let me know I have the reward points) because I didn't order from SSC for years as their international shipping costs combined to local taxes made it a joke.

The ones you get for ordering figures could be permanent, and social media codes could have an expiry date.

BTW, did they fix the diaper issue seen in the prototype?

I had $16 reward points in my SSC account for years before they decided to cancel them. I didn't care at all (in fact I was glad I didn't receive the damn email notifications anymore, the ones that were sent regularly to let me know I have the reward points) because I didn't order from SSC for years as their international shipping costs combined to local taxes made it a joke.

International customers definitely pay more, all around.

I've been fortunate in continuously obtaining significant amounts of reward points, so adding those $25 discount codes makes it all worthwhile. But once those RPs are no longer available, the $25 discount codes won't be worth it, as Sideshow's shipping plus tax negates most of the savings. I've found better alternatives at other online shops and have been ordering more and more from them.

It really did. I'd order it if I weren't lacking room... lol. Time to buy a bigger house.

Slippery slope! Good on you for having restraint and considering space.

I was compelled to order when the set was announced, but have steered away from PO’ing early on. Just put in an order for the Mando IG Droid the other day, and I think I’ll bite on this too. Quite the line HT is doing. I know a lot of collectors are down on its explosion over resources being spent on OT/PT stuff, but I can’t bring myself to justify any anxiety over what Hot Toys does or doesn’t do.

Seems that the ship date on these has been recently updated to June by Sideshow. Hopefully that is what actually happens.

where da SCC vs HT speeder bike comparison sauce pics

Justin did some side-by-side comparisons in his video review, though he didn't seem to understand that the smaller details of the Mando vs ROTJ speeder bike designs are pretty different.

He treated them as if they were just different color paint-ups of the same speeder bike (which they aren't) and was trying to decide which was more accurate. While they obviously look very similar overall, the Mando bike has a LOT of minor design differences vs the ROTJ bike.

One thing that is clear from his review was that the Sideshow bike is more fragile like a model kit, whereas the HT bike is more sturdy.

Just ordered this after selling some old sideshow figures to cover the full cost! Really pumped to pair this with IG-11 when he arrived too!

Just ordered this after selling some old sideshow figures to cover the full cost! Really pumped to pair this with IG-11 when he arrived too!

I have my IG on standby for this set as well. I am just worried with the Rex and Rey delays that this trooper could also fit in that delay window. Do you think this will be part of the overall delays that are happening at the moment? Possibly mid to late summer?

I have my IG on standby for this set as well. I am just worried with the Rex and Rey delays that this trooper could also fit in that delay window. Do you think this will be part of the overall delays that are happening at the moment? Possibly mid to late summer?

I'm not expecting anything until fall. That way if something arrives earlier it's a nice suprise.

Justin did some side-by-side comparisons in his video review, though he didn't seem to understand that the smaller details of the Mando vs ROTJ speeder bike designs are pretty different.

He treated them as if they were just different color paint-ups of the same speeder bike (which they aren't) and was trying to decide which was more accurate. While they obviously look very similar overall, the Mando bike has a LOT of minor design differences vs the ROTJ bike.

One thing that is clear from his review was that the Sideshow bike is more fragile like a model kit, whereas the HT bike is more sturdy.

I'll pass on the video review, and from now on just read your review of his video reviews.

:rotfl

Back