Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shots TonTon! HT did a terrific job again. How does it compare next to the SS version?

Thanks, matrix69! I no longer have the SS to compare unfortunately. My memory was that it really benefited from the sides being dremeled (or a body swap) so that the arms could lay flat, I remember Rubio95 doing that when he got the figure. No issues there on the HT figure and of course the armor is all very tight-fitting and the joints are nice and solid.

It's good HT made the bike at the same time though, since now we have a figure that's compatible. Does require quite a bit of articulation to get seated on the bike.

Last edited:
Really liked how this turned out. Lucky to have POed at least one set. Can't wait to try and pose this one with IG as well..

Wow the sideshow version is absolutely ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has some inaccuracies but with a body swap it can still look great on display...

Thanks, matrix69! I no longer have the SS to compare unfortunately. My memory was that it really benefited from the sides being dremeled (or a body swap) so that the arms could lay flat, I remember Rubio95 doing that when he got the figure. No issues there on the HT figure and of course the armor is all very tight-fitting and the joints are nice and solid.

It's good HT made the bike at the same time though, since now we have a figure that's compatible. Does require quite a bit of articulation to get seated on the bike.
Yeah the overall scale on the bike looks excellent! You have me wanting to pick this figure up from HK now...but i must be patient :lol

Not sure if this has been said or not but I wonder if HT will release the bike by itself?

I kinda want to just get the trooper and wait for the bike to be released on it?s own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has been said or not but I wonder if HT will release the bike by itself?

I kinda want to just get the trooper and wait for the bike to be released on it?s own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jc has already said that this ain?t gonna happen

Jc has already said that this ain?t gonna happen

Well I better get on it and preorder it then.

Gonna go for the biker scout combo with bike and the lone scout. Can?t pass it up. Such an iconic scene.

Thanks

Man - I really want the set but have a feeling if I buy it, they'll announce an ROTJ shortly after lol.
Anyone know how large the box is? Running out of storage space >_>

Meanwhile someone like me who sold off all his SSC sandtroopers been waiting for the rest of the HT sandtrooper ranks... for...y..e..a...r...s....

:clap Really cool pics Ton Ton! Nicely done! Ha that Wicket pic! Too funny! Hey, he looks good on the SS bike. That last pic could be an a recruitment poster. I would love to see a pic of him holding the sniper rifle, for a Battlefront inspired scout sniper. :wink1:

I dont think a ROTJ is likely to be announced for another couple of years, nevermind released.

Enjoy this one whilst it sticks around, I cant see it losing any value on the aftermarket, so when/if a ROTJ happens, you can make space for that.

I dont think a ROTJ is likely to be announced for another couple of years, nevermind released.

Enjoy this one whilst it sticks around, I cant see it losing any value on the aftermarket, so when/if a ROTJ happens, you can make space for that.

If HT wants to be accurate (they did issue a ROTJ-specific stormie with unique armor and helmet sculpt...) there are a lot of details that would need to be changed to match ROTJ, both on the Biker Scout and the bike itself.

It's not just a matter of painting the bike brown and the scout bright white as some seem to believe, so you may be right.

If HT wants to be accurate (they did issue a ROTJ-specific stormie with unique armor and helmet sculpt...) there are a lot of details that would need to be changed to match ROTJ, both on the Biker Scout and the bike itself.

It's not just a matter of painting the bike brown and the scout bright white as some seem to believe, so you may be right.

What are the major differences?

What are the major differences?

My posts #733 and #696 in this thread show the Scout differences but my comparison of the bikes is older (and search functions on here are limited now) so I can't find that.

Anyone looking for the baby yoda/grogu from this set? I?m in the U.K.

I had a code that was about to expire so I finally caved on this guy. Should we be expecting it soon from SS?

Back