Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks great, and bodes well for an RoTJ version. I hope the speeder bike is not as fragile as the one from sideshow.

Doesn't look like it !

Yep, real deep !!! If they're doing a speeder bike anythings possible. So bring on Quiil !!

Here are Timcent prices,

Scout : about $190 USD shipped !!
Scout + Bike : $385 USD shipped !!

Pretty damn good prices ! Plus he has some discount codes on the first page.

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/product-page/hot-toys-tms016-the-mandalorian-1-6-scout-trooper

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/pro...andalorian-1-6-scout-trooper-and-speeder-bike

But you can only get the maximum discount if you pay in full when ordering.

A 50% deposit earns a maximum 50HKD discount.

Still cheaper than KG Hobby, which has the bike set at $476 with shipping.

I'll wait and see as I'd rather not use Timcent, and go with one of the retailers I'm familiar with.

Wish there was an option just for the Scout with the baby and bag as I don't really want the bike at all. Never have wanted one.

But you can only get the maximum discount if you pay in full when ordering.

A 50% deposit earns a maximum 50HKD discount.

Still cheaper than KG Hobby, which has the bike set at $476 with shipping.

I'll wait and see as I'd rather not use Timcent, and go with one of the retailers I'm familiar with.

Wish there was an option just for the Scout with the baby and bag as I don't really want the bike at all. Never have wanted one.

And I notice Batch 1 is more; batch 2 less but 3-5 months later. Pays to be patient. I'm getting just under $400 for batch 2 based on my location, if paid in full. I've dealt with Timcent via ebay. No issues with him.

I wonder if the ROTJ version of the bike will impact the price of the Mando version, or will the Mando go Shoretrooper because it's less numbers than the ROTJ version?

On the topic of the inevitability of a ROTJ version of this, and how well this Mando version will sell - thought this was interesting on the HT FB page (apparently they think a Biker Scout and bike is meh, only saved by baby yoda, and other unproduced characters would be better choices):

49809038936_026e3e7398_o.png

:horror:lol

Relatively low demand figure?! The scout has to be one of the most popular trooper variants out there. Snowtroopers and Scouts.

Gah I just...I just hope this takes a good while to make it out to market. Need to meter the funds really hard over the next few years.

Doesn't look like it !

Yep, real deep !!! If they're doing a speeder bike anythings possible. So bring on Quiil !!

Here are Timcent prices,

Scout : about $190 USD shipped !!
Scout + Bike : $385 USD shipped !!

Pretty damn good prices ! Plus he has some discount codes on the first page.

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/product-page/hot-toys-tms016-the-mandalorian-1-6-scout-trooper

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com/pro...andalorian-1-6-scout-trooper-and-speeder-bike

This is an official website??Timcent?
If so this is crazy AWESOME!!
Great seller and someone I can trust selling me my Hot toys fix.

I went to bed telling myself I'll wait for the ROTJ version. I woke up to placing an order for one. I currently have the Sideshow scout on a Hasbro bike, so this will be a nice upgrade.

People on FB are always going to complain about their wanted characters not being made, regardless of what character is being released.

At this point, you have to imagine that HT just ignores it. It's too much noise to actually get any real information about customer desires.

Funny, I think I am the only person completely annoyed by this release. Rotj should have been first. We?ve been waiting years for a scout and the first one is from a show where they were used as a cringe comedy bit.

I like the show. It was ok and light years ahead of the Disney trilogy, but these should have been Jedi scouts.

I get the hype and ht sees $$ in the child. Now people who only want the ot scout have to wait at least 2 years. I don?t see them putting out a Jedi scout until these are due to ship.

At least put the Death Star trooper in the show so they?ll release that.

I have spoken.

This is an official website??Timcent?
If so this is crazy AWESOME!!
Great seller and someone I can trust selling me my Hot toys fix.

Yeah, he had to change his website etc as he was seeing a lot of underhand "tactics" by other competitors to take him out of the equation.

Anyway, he's a great seller. 100% reliable. And best prices I've seen.

I have received many figures from him, all really well packed with lots of bubble wrap etc.

For some reason I don't think the ROTJ Scout or bike will be released anytime soon. They have the moulds now which is great but I just get the feeling they'll hold back on it so as not to bite into the sales of this. I reckon it's at least a couple of years away. If they can hold off on Bespin Han, C3PO et al then they'll milk their timings on this too.

I'm wondering how well the Bike sits on the stand. Interestingly you get 2 stands. One for the bike, and also one for the Scout if needed. That's good.

94978191_10157117518912344_960754295437787136_o.jpg

edit : scratch that. I see there is a pic of that on the FB pics.

94575650_10157117518137344_5201102011298217984_o.jpg

For some reason I don't think the ROTJ Scout or bike will be released anytime soon. They have the moulds now which is great but I just get the feeling they'll hold back on it so as not to bite into the sales of this. I reckon it's at least a couple of years away. If they can hold off on Bespin Han, C3PO et al then they'll milk their timings on this too.

I was thinking about that too. I'd say they'll release it when Leia and Wicket are being shipped. People will be up for one to go with them then.

Funny, I think I am the only person completely annoyed by this release. Rotj should have been first. We?ve been waiting years for a scout and the first one is from a show where they were used as a cringe comedy bit.

I like the show. It was ok and light years ahead of the Disney trilogy, but these should have been Jedi scouts.

I get the hype and ht sees $$ in the child. Now people who only want the ot scout have to wait at least 2 years. I don?t see them putting out a Jedi scout until these are due to ship.

At least put the Death Star trooper in the show so they?ll release that.

I have spoken.

If it wasn't for that cringe comedy bit, HT wouldn't be making these at all. And they're only doing it because they can add BY and charge a premium (OK, MORE of a premium). Now they might reuse the tooling and churn out ROTJ variants down the road. Instead of being annoyed, you should be optimistic.

Back