Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is also a pretty good display option I reckon.

94190614_10157117518097344_8506895123068485632_o.jpg

93836730_10157117518827344_436128030256005120_o.jpg

Wow! I?ve been waiting for a HT Scout trooper for a long long time. One of my grail figures. I actually think I?d like this Mando version with all the weathering and a white weathered speeder bike over the ROTJ. The white speeder bike seems more Empire.

So excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was not expecting this. Looks amazing, but I will wait for ROTJ version...and get 2 of them! :yess:

I always worry that you are stuck waiting for the next best thing it never comes. At least with Hot Toys you can usually get close to retail back; so to me it's a no lose situation. But I get the other side of it too they're so pricey why compromise?

If this was a ROTJ Scout Trooper it would've been an instant PO for me the minute it went up. My 2nd favorite SW Trooper design (behind the regular Troopers & Clone Troopers). So, not sure now. May wait it out, or just wait till it's released to decide if I want a dirty Mando trooper or wait to see the eventual ROTJ version.

As far as the set with the bike & The Child, as much as it would be cool to have a 1/6 Speeder Bike, I certainly wouldn't want it to be white. Plus due to size, not sure I could even display it. Same reason I got Maul without the Speeder. Plus, I have the Hasbro I could use if needed. And Baby Yoda is cool, but I seen him going the way of the Ewoks one day, with future fans arguing he was dumb and unnecessary... :lol

For some reason I don't think the ROTJ Scout or bike will be released anytime soon. They have the moulds now which is great but I just get the feeling they'll hold back on it so as not to bite into the sales of this. I reckon it's at least a couple of years away. If they can hold off on Bespin Han, C3PO et al then they'll milk their timings on this too.

Maybe till then they'll fix the narrow long helmet and make it look like the EFX, which was based on anyway

Loki, I am right there with you. Rotj, I would have bought one with the bike and 2 regular scouts. I have to save space for ot items, so this is a hard pass. Hot toys are really saving me money with 9 straight mandalorian releases. When was the last ot preorder? October?
That said, it will be 2-3 years before we get a rotj scout just on preorder. Hot toys won?t lose sales of these by putting up the jedi version. Once these sell through, maybe we get a jedi scout if ht remembers.
I?m still waiting for my second sand trooper.
I know the show is hot right now, but...

Man this is going to be hard to resist. I already have the Sideshow Scout and Bike so don't really feel much need for a HT version of that. I'm sure there will be improvements, but this isn't a character like R2 where I really feel the need to upgrade and have the absolute best available.

So it'll just be a question of whether I want to make room for a Mando Scout and Bike as well...

If there are improvements....it won't be dramatic enough to justify the price. People keep forgetting that HT collaborated with SS on the ROTJ scout figure...it's still pretty nice.

If there are improvements....it won't be dramatic enough to justify the price. People keep forgetting that HT collaborated with SS on the ROTJ scout figure...it's still pretty nice.

It certainly is. I picked one up with a bike before they seemed to sell out and I think they'd updated the paint app on it. The waistband is still really clean (maybe a little too clean?) but it's a really solid figure. Thankfully the Sideshow promos throughout the year really knocked a chunk off the price too.

Such a great scene and love the smiling child. I'm not getting this because I think it'll be overpriced and I'm reminding myself that the child is about an inch tall in 1/6 scale... I got the deluxe Mando with child because I love that Mando look. I like, don't love the Biker Scout so this is a pass for me. Interested to see the price. I say $549...

If it wasn't for that cringe comedy bit, HT wouldn't be making these at all. And they're only doing it because they can add BY and charge a premium (OK, MORE of a premium). Now they might reuse the tooling and churn out ROTJ variants down the road. Instead of being annoyed, you should be optimistic.

I think they were always going to eventually make ROTJ scouts and speeder. The question is still the same, how many years. It could be rightly argued that this Mandalorian version may have delayed the ROTJ versions, but I think if I wanted to be really annoyed about something it's that they painted the speeder bike white on the show :gah:

It's all about making the most money as per usual, which is no surprise.

Such a great scene and love the smiling child. I'm not getting this because I think it'll be overpriced and I'm reminding myself that the child is about an inch tall in 1/6 scale... I got the deluxe Mando with child because I love that Mando look. I like, don't love the Biker Scout so this is a pass for me. Interested to see the price. I say $549...

you're delusional.

I think they were always going to eventually make ROTJ scouts and speeder. The question is still the same, how many years. It could be rightly argued that this Mandalorian version may have delayed the ROTJ versions, but I think if I wanted to be really annoyed about something it's that they painted the speeder bike white on the show :gah:

It's all about making the most money as per usual, which is no surprise.

Oh the irony when the Scout Trooper and new trooper designs in ROTJ and of course the Ewoks were all intended to sell merchandise by Lucas since he got royalties directly from Kenner sales. Lucas already made the Hoth white speeder before ROTJ didn?t he? So if anything the brown speeder is already a repaint.

Funny, I think I am the only person completely annoyed by this release. Rotj should have been first.

HT always makes the worst first and works its way to the most wanted.

Did they make ESB Vader first?

So the good news is, they've worked out the kinks on this release so they can improve the ROTJ release.

Oh the irony when the Scout Trooper and new trooper designs in ROTJ and of course the Ewoks were all intended to sell merchandise by Lucas since he got royalties directly from Kenner sales. Lucas already made the Hoth white speeder before ROTJ didn?t he? So if anything the brown speeder is already a repaint.

No doubt a lot of ROTJ was geared towards marketing and merch. The Ewoks were of course created to that end. But Lucas didn't start really raking in the royalties until the PT. It wasn't until then that he was able to renegotiate the old Kenner deal with Hasbro.

Wait? There was a white speeder bike for hoth in the original conceptual designs for the OT?

I mean I think the Scout Trooper makes sense. They had the Snowtrooper and Sandtrooper showing they alter the suits for the environment.

Why are ppl so against the Mando Scout? Looks frigging amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back