1/6 Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Darth Maul (Lord Mandalore) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, it?s Season 7 Maul and Obi-Wan never encountered this Maul look with his TCW armour if I recall correctly. .

You're correct.

The armored look was ditched halfway into Season 3 and Maul didn't show up until Season 4.

Good, of the two, I think I prefer the Solo figure, more interesting looking for the shelf, gives me better chances of getting one when I can swing the cash.

Agreed. Even if we didn't get to see him actually do anything, the idea of an older Maul and his look in that movie just seems to make for a much more interesting figure.

Agreed. Even if we didn't get to see him actually do anything, the idea of an older Maul and his look in that movie just seems to make for a much more interesting figure.

I think the outfit feels more fitting for Maul in Solo, with his baggy robes in TPM, the Clone Wars outfit feels more form fitting like a Jedi.

I'm in on this one. I'd rather they didn't use Solo Maul head, just for variety, but whatever. I might even get Solo Maul too. Overall I dig it, I love TCW and Maul was so cool in it. The box pushes me over the edge.

Curious if HT ever started a CW “animated” versions of all these characters would collectors purchase them along side their “realistic” counterparts?

I have to say, this looks pretty boring IMHO. I guess I’ll go back and get myself a TPM Maul. The bloated face just doesn’t work that well. And the outfit with the brown pants just makes him come off as rather mundane.

I have to say, this looks pretty boring IMHO. I guess I?ll go back and get myself a TPM Maul. The bloated face just doesn?t work that well. And the outfit with the brown pants just makes him come off as rather mundane.

Not to mention the simplistic legs. The way more mechanical Solo version just look better.

Part of me likes this Maul, but the version from Solo is probably better if you ask me. The Solo look is closer to his TPM look, which looks more badass. This version from The Clone Wars is interesting, but I don’t think the outfit is as cool overall.

Up on Sideshow. $260. Wasn’t it supposedly like $205 overseas? So a $55 markup on Sideshow? I get that they mark up items but damn.

Not to mention the simplistic legs. The way more mechanical Solo version just look better.
I don?t mind them. But the whole thing just looks too boring and weird. Like a mishmash you made from extra parts as a kid with your Lego figures. Or the chase/variant figure in a wave.

Up on Sideshow. $260. Wasn’t it supposedly like $205 overseas? So a $55 markup on Sideshow? I get that they mark up items but damn.

Maybe it'd be $205 if you lived in Hong Kong and could get one from Secret Base direct. But Toy Buying Agent for example has him for $234 shipped. So still better than SS price wise.

Really excited for this!

I love Maul, and clone wars Maul is the best Maul imo.

I hope the sarcophagus isn?t a cheap material. Idk if I?ll use it, but it?s a nice addition for display variety I guess.

$260 is way too much for this when it doesn’t even have the Darksaber!

Really excited for this!

I hope the sarcophagus isn?t a cheap material. Idk if I?ll use it, but it?s a nice addition for display variety I guess.

The sarcophagus is packaging, it's probably cardboard, especially judging by the price.

Really excited for this!

The sarcophagus is the art box the figures comes in. It's not a separate accessory.

This is not the CW Maul, its HT using creative license to give their interpretation of a realistic Maul based on the cartoon CW series. I can understand Hasbro doing this years ago as the figures were on $10. But I cannot understand dropping $260 for a product that never existed! I could never see myself paying even $100 on a realistic Shrek or Buzz Lightyear. But I can see this as a brilliant move by HT making money off the “realistic CW” then down the road put actual effort into the Animated version. It’s a great move but I’m not buying it.

Back