Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anybody mentioned this but I went to the exhibit yesterday and he was holding an empty cowl without the eyes or faceplate. I remember there was speculation on whether he was going to come with an empty cowl or if HT was pulling some trickery in the promotional photos.

I guess it'll be a surprise for some when he comes with an extra accessory during the release.

Never in a million years did i ever think hot toys would EVER reissue the 89 Batmobile, and yet they did, largely due to this year being Warner Brother's 100 year anniversary, so there's a chance hot toys may reissue both the camo tumbler, as well as the Bat, but we'll just have to wait and see.......:)
Tooling exists therefore any profit made is pure profit = easy re-release given the right opportunity.

Just wish they would do the Batfleck Batmobile. Love that thing !!

Tooling exists therefore any profit made is pure profit = easy re-release given the right opportunity.

Just wish they would do the Batfleck Batmobile. Love that thing !!
Batman Thumbs Up GIF

Seems like there's been quite a bit of radio silence on this thread over the last month... Well, to spice things up a bit and ease the wait, I'd like to share with you the first images of my Bruce Wayne Drifter project.

I thought it would be a good idea to use Bruce's messy hair head that comes with the figure and use it on this body.

To assemble it, I have taken and customized some parts from here and there. The backpack and bomber jacket have been the hardest to find (it's a Dragon Models MA-1 flight jacket I found on Ebay).

I know that there are some inaccuracies with the color of some clothes. For example, the jacket should have a slightly more bluish tone.

Still, II'm quite satisfied with the result. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks with Bruce Wayne's face exposed.

I hope you like it.

DSC_3229.JPGDSC_3222.JPGDSC_3223.JPGDSC_3224.JPG

By the way, Hot Toys should be about to release it. What are the latest developments? Are delays expected?

Attachments

• DSC_3234.JPG
    DSC_3234.JPG
    927.7 KB · Views: 0
Seems like there's been quite a bit of radio silence on this thread over the last month... Well, to spice things up a bit and ease the wait, I'd like to share with you the first images of my Bruce Wayne Drifter project.

I thought it would be a good idea to use Bruce's messy hair head that comes with the figure and use it on this body.

To assemble it, I have taken and customized some parts from here and there. The backpack and bomber jacket have been the hardest to find (it's a Dragon Models MA-1 flight jacket I found on Ebay).

I know that there are some inaccuracies with the color of some clothes. For example, the jacket should have a slightly more bluish tone.

Still, II'm quite satisfied with the result. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks with Bruce Wayne's face exposed.

I hope you like it.

View attachment 653721View attachment 653723View attachment 653724View attachment 653725

By the way, Hot Toys should be about to release it. What are the latest developments? Are delays expected?
Watching Robert Pattinson GIF by The Batman

Very much looking forward to this.

Had a bike waitlist conversion last week as well, to sweeten the wait.

I hope they make the car too.

I absolutely loved this movie 🍿 🦇

Very much looking forward to this.

Had a bike waitlist conversion last week as well, to sweeten the wait.

I hope they make the car too.

I absolutely loved this movie 🍿 🦇
Unless your REALLY waiting for Hot Toys to pull their head out of their tail the CAR is out or nearly so. Seems hard to believe HT could one up Jazz Inc.

Review from Justin.

Unless your REALLY waiting for Hot Toys to pull their head out of their tail the CAR is out or nearly so. Seems hard to believe HT could one up Jazz Inc.

Review from Justin.

I wish inart and hot toys really made one, anywhere between $800 to $1000 is a good deal from me. $1500 is way past my budget, but if it’s designed well enough even without sounds and lights I would definitely pre order.

I hope you like it.

View attachment 653721View attachment 653723View attachment 653724View attachment 653725

Nicely done.
It’s such a shame no one’s made this figure yet. The Drifter outfit has ‘third party figure’ written all over it. Throw in a bike and helmet for a deluxe and I’d be in heaven.

3Ps sometimes announce companion pieces to coincide with HT releases so maybe there’s still some hope for The Drifter… and Catwoman.

You did very well to find one of those MA-1 jackets. Looks like you got the only one for sale in the word. I’ve located everything else but the lack of a bomber/flight jacket is holding me
Back.
Pattinson looks to have worn the grey version but that could be achieved with paint. Dirty him up a bit, add some wear and tear, make him look rained on, and it’ll be even better.

I’m guessing you also added the black fabric and extra stitching to the pants?

Nicely done.
It’s such a shame no one’s made this figure yet. The Drifter outfit has ‘third party figure’ written all over it. Throw in a bike and helmet for a deluxe and I’d be in heaven.

3Ps sometimes announce companion pieces to coincide with HT releases so maybe there’s still some hope for The Drifter… and Catwoman.

You did very well to find one of those MA-1 jackets. Looks like you got the only one for sale in the word. I’ve located everything else but the lack of a bomber/flight jacket is holding me
Back.
Pattinson looks to have worn the grey version but that could be achieved with paint. Dirty him up a bit, add some wear and tear, make him look rained on, and it’ll be even better.

I’m guessing you also added the black fabric and extra stitching to the pants?
Thanks for your words Chopper.

The truth is that I am also surprised that no company has launched a version of the Drifter. It is a figure with a lot of presence and not very complex.

Thank you for the ideas on painting the jacket. I am assessing what is the best way to give it the right tone. But I don't want to mess it up (not that a replacement can be found easily...)

To answer your questions, and for all those who want to replicate the figure, I will try to share all the photos and links that I have been able to recover.

The figure is made up of the following parts:

(I leave the links and indications about the modifications I made to the pieces)

- Body:
Since he wears many layers of clothing, any body that is not very muscular will do. I have used the Coomodel BD001.

- Pants:
Basically I painted the knee pads and pockets black with a textile marker to imitate CAT's work pants.

DSC_3208 - copia.JPG
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 20-21-16 Men's Trademark Work Pants CAT® WORKWEAR.png

- Boots:
Black army boots. Nothing special, easy to find. These are good.

DSC_3193_1690361641708.JPG

- Shirt:
Tinted with diluted acrylic paints so that it acquires the grayish greenish tone of the original.

DSC_3190.JPG

- Hoodie:
I sewed a suede lining to the hood to resemble the shearling lining on the original UNIQLO brand sweatshirt.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 20-17-35 Pile-Lined Sweat Long-Sleeve Full-Zip Hoodie UNIQLO US.png
DSC_3198.JPG

- Jacket:
It's a Dragon Models MA-1 flight jacket. As I said, it has a greenish tone that does not correspond to the bluish one of the original. I am evaluating the way to dye it without damaging the orange inner lining so characteristic of this jacket.
I have left a link to one of the few that I have found on Ebay. But it's pretty hard to get.

DSC_3207.JPG

- Cap:
Originally it came with the letters LA on the front. With a little acetone I was able to remove them without spoiling the color of the cap.
(Poor Arthur...)
DSC_3191_1690361641779.JPG

- Balaclava:
The dark grey one. Colour 2416.

- Backpack:
Shoulder bag from a DAMTOYS set. In proportion, it is a bit large. But the color and model is the closest thing I could find to the backpack he uses in the movie.
DSC_3195.JPG

- Bandaged hands:
Basically they are spare hands that I had from another figure and to which I added a few pieces of white band aid to simulate boxing bandages.

- (Bonus Track) Motorcycle helmet:
From Art Figures. Just yesterday I found this motorcycle helmet in a spare parts store for 1/6 figures and it seemed perfect for the figure.

1692025211482.jpeg

If you have any ideas on how to improve the figure, they are welcome.

Then, on the other hand, since I have pre-ordered the collector's edition (without base), another part of this project has been to build a diorama to highlight the figure more on the shelf.

DSC_3306.JPG
DSC_3308.JPG

DSC_3295.JPG
DSC_3296.JPG

It's a corner of a Gotham rooftop with two gothic-style windows backlit with red leds.

I also share photos of the Drifter in this diorama.

I hope you like them too.

DSC_3303.JPG

"I wish I could say I'm making a difference... But I have to try... Push myself"

Thanks for your words Chopper.

The truth is that I am also surprised that no company has launched a version of the Drifter. It is a figure with a lot of presence and not very complex.

Thank you for the ideas on painting the jacket. I am assessing what is the best way to give it the right tone. But I don't want to mess it up (not that a replacement can be found easily...)

To answer your questions, and for all those who want to replicate the figure, I will try to share all the photos and links that I have been able to recover.

The figure is made up of the following parts:

(I leave the links and indications about the modifications I made to the pieces)

- Body:
Since he wears many layers of clothing, any body that is not very muscular will do. I have used the Coomodel BD001.

- Pants:
Basically I painted the knee pads and pockets black with a textile marker to imitate CAT's work pants.

View attachment 656076 View attachment 656077

- Boots:
Black army boots. Nothing special, easy to find. These are good.

View attachment 656074

- Shirt:
Tinted with diluted acrylic paints so that it acquires the grayish greenish tone of the original.

View attachment 656068

- Hoodie:
I sewed a suede lining to the hood to resemble the shearling lining on the original UNIQLO brand sweatshirt.

View attachment 656072 View attachment 656073

- Jacket:
It's a Dragon Models MA-1 flight jacket. As I said, it has a greenish tone that does not correspond to the bluish one of the original. I am evaluating the way to dye it without damaging the orange inner lining so characteristic of this jacket.
I have left a link to one of the few that I have found on Ebay. But it's pretty hard to get.

View attachment 656069

- Cap:
Originally it came with the letters LA on the front. With a little acetone I was able to remove them without spoiling the color of the cap.
(Poor Arthur...)
View attachment 656081

- Balaclava:
The dark grey one. Colour 2416.

- Backpack:
Shoulder bag from a DAMTOYS set. In proportion, it is a bit large. But the color and model is the closest thing I could find to the backpack he uses in the movie.
View attachment 656079

- Bandaged hands:
Basically they are spare hands that I had from another figure and to which I added a few pieces of white band aid to simulate boxing bandages.

- (Bonus Track) Motorcycle helmet:
From Art Figures. Just yesterday I found this motorcycle helmet in a spare parts store for 1/6 figures and it seemed perfect for the figure.

View attachment 656080

If you have any ideas on how to improve the figure, they are welcome.

Then, on the other hand, since I have pre-ordered the collector's edition (without base), another part of this project has been to build a diorama to highlight the figure more on the shelf.

View attachment 656082 View attachment 656083
View attachment 656085 View attachment 656086

It's a corner of a Gotham rooftop with two gothic-style windows backlit with red leds.

I also share photos of the Drifter in this diorama.

I hope you like them too.

View attachment 656087

"I wish I could say I'm making a difference... But I have to try... Push myself"
That diorama is awesome! You’ve got serious skills there, and the figure is looking really good too. You got me into studying the Drifter look, which has lead to me becoming slightly obsessed with it and the bike.

Thanks so much for all the tips and discovering that helmet. A simple textile marker will save me doing a lot of actual textile work that I was planning.

I did end up purchasing all these parts in the end as I came across a black MA1 flight jacket set from Mr. Z, which I can hopefully just spray grey.
00F24123-3C61-4773-8D09-A1A67920C21A.jpeg

MCCToys, MCC007
10E807CF-A9EF-488D-A507-235682BDE8B6.jpeg

Had to buy the whole outfit set as it was sold out on the only place I saw it being parted out so I’ll be adding a bunch of the parts to my eBay store.

The only other items we appear to differ on is the button up shirt, cap and boots.
I had that toss up between getting a red cap with lettering on it, which I’d have to remove, or a black cap that I could paint- so I went black.
I went pleather boots because I just really get a kick out of real flexible material.
5678FA82-D2A6-4178-9712-CEFD60EEF744.jpeg

I’ll be using a Worldbox At020 body because they’re super slim.

I noticed you’d added the woolly lining to the hoodie in your first post (a great touch) and would love to attempt this myself.
Where can one procure the suitable suede material for the job?

EDIT: Just ordered a tester cut of ‘coffee’ faux suede material off eBay. 15 x 10 cm should be plenty.

Last edited:
That diorama is awesome! You’ve got serious skills there, and the figure is looking really good too. You got me into studying the Drifter look, which has lead to me becoming slightly obsessed with it and the bike.

Thanks so much for all the tips and discovering that helmet. A simple textile marker will save me doing a lot of actual textile work that I was planning.

I did end up purchasing all these parts in the end as I came across a black MA1 flight jacket set from Mr. Z, which I can hopefully just spray grey.
View attachment 656379
MCCToys, MCC007
View attachment 656381
Had to buy the whole outfit set as it was sold out on the only place I saw it being parted out so I’ll be adding a bunch of the parts to my eBay store.

The only other items we appear to differ on is the button up shirt, cap and boots.
I had that toss up between getting a red cap with lettering on it, which I’d have to remove, or a black cap that I could paint- so I went black.
I went pleather boots because I just really get a kick out of real flexible material.
View attachment 656383

I’ll be using a Worldbox At020 body because they’re super slim.

I noticed you’d added the woolly lining to the hoodie in your first post (a great touch) and would love to attempt this myself.
Where can one procure the suitable suede material for the job?

EDIT: Just ordered a tester cut of ‘coffee’ faux suede material off eBay. 15 x 10 cm should be plenty.
Wow, those are great finds too! I love the boots and the jacket also has great potential.

I'm glad I was able to help a fellow collector create his own version of the Drifter. It certainly deserves some love. Maybe someone will take note and create a more professional version. Maybe even a third party company like you suggested. 🤞

For the lining of the hood I used the cover of a sofa cushion that was very similar to what the fleece lining would be in real size.

I'm glad you found that artificial suede. It's a detail that could be overlooked, but hey, here we pay attention to detail and nothing beats having the most movie accurate figure possible.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when you put it all together.

PS: I hope I'm not going off topic too much in this thread. The waiting always gets tougher just when it's about to end.

I haven't picked up the Batman yet, seems HT and inart one is still available for preorder, but I might go for the HT one mainly because I think that Diorama looks dope.

We are getting into the last week of September and, as far as I know, there is no news from Hot Toys with Mr. Vengance. Any bit of info would be very appreciated... 🥺

BTW, here is a quick "mock up" for the packaging of the Drifter figure:

Sin título.jpg

This is nothing too fancy, but I'm eager to see how the Hot Toys packaging is.

Yeah its weird , especially considering the competition with this one....

They wither gave up and want to keep this release quiet....

or they got something up their sleeves.

Personally, I go with the first option

Back