Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the actual color of the suit without color correction/dramatic lightning, I think this suit from Hot Toys is going to get trashed when revealed. Not Hot Toys' fault, just the way it is made from the creators. Some type of gray/olive drab mixture.

273759665_5415961755080536_6996502216162779275_n.jpg
gx7z7s7lxgi81.jpg

Looking at the actual color of the suit without color correction/dramatic lightning, I think this suit from Hot Toys is going to get trashed when revealed. Not Hot Toys' fault, just the way it is made from the creators. Some type of gray/olive drab mixture.
Was thinking the same thing. MEZCO seems to have taken liberties and produced a more or less black suit as seen in their teaser.

I'm the exact opposite. That cowl kills it for me. Can't help but see Dylan Baker's "vampire" mask from Trick r Treat...
...never saw it.

Oh wow- I like the suit much more when it’s not all black! Will make for a better contrast against the all black Catwoman.

I’d love to know what sort of reference material Hot Toys actually have access to when getting figures ready for movies/shows that haven’t released yet.

The Doc Ock sculpt suggests they only had one half finished shot from a teaser trailer to work off.
But it’s understandable how they’d get some Marvel stuff wrong when they’re continuously updating all the cgi aspects of costumes but a fully practical suit like this should be finalised before filming even begins so HT should get it spot on.

Then it’s just a matter of whether they choose to recreate the real word prop or the darker, colour-corrected screen appearance.

Liking that suit even more after seeing those pics. Love that it's more grey than I thought. Just provides much better contrast against the jet black Cape and cowl.

Hot Toys made the BvS suit too dark, my only critique of that amazing figure, so they'll likely do the same again sadly.

So glad the suit is grey with black. To me that's a more comic look then the all black not that I don't think that didn't work before, but for a while up until Affleck it was all black. This gives it more character, and a different make shift feel. Again Bruce in the comics made his own batsuits, so it makes sense this would be his first/maybe second attempted, later he'll gradutally start to employ more high tech gear that looks more refined, and clean. Really excited to see those preorder images this also gives HT the chance to use a sculpt with neck articulation as it's no longer one piece.

273759665_5415961755080536_6996502216162779275_n.jpg
gx7z7s7lxgi81.jpg
I actually like this suit.

In 2 weeks I imagine. With HT, nothing is certain.

Does no one see the green in that suit? It is not a straight grey. Kind of like an olive or a beige color. It looks a little darker on my cell phone.
yeah it’s like very light olive tint over the grey. you probably won’t notice that much on film however

There is some much dramatic/stylized lighting, no one noticed this until fairly recently. Looks incredible in all types of lighting.
yeah i honestly don’t minds the tan/olive tint. it gives it a different look than just black or grey. i know there’s some shots in the trailers that seem to be when the sun is either rising or just barley going down, i wonder if the color will pop a bit in those shots.

i wonder if HT will include 2 capes, one with the cowl on the back for a unmasked sculpt and one for when he’s wearing the cowl…

yeah it’s like very light olive tint over the grey. you probably won’t notice that much on film however

There is some much dramatic/stylized lighting, no one noticed this until fairly recently. Looks incredible in all types of lighting.
I wouldn't be surprised if they had to do that b/c of the lighting they were going for in the movie. I'm pretty sure there are way more recent examples of this, but it reminds me of how George Reeve's original Superman suit wasn't actually the bright colors but rather a pale blue and very dark red b/c the full color version didn't work with the black and white film. I know it's not exactly the same but it could be a similar reason as to why the suit is that olive-ish color so that, on film, it will appear more grey.

Does no one see the green in that suit? It is not a straight grey. Kind of like an olive or a beige color. It looks a little darker on my cell phone.
It looks like wear to me kinda like dirt/dust from being used offten. Gotham is a dirty city so I imagine it wouldn't remain in prestine condition for long if he is constantly using it while jumping on roof tops, and fighting in the streets.

This obviously comes down to our own eyes (everyone remembers that dress thing from a few years back) but Im not seeing green, I agree with Luisenigma1 it looks dirty / dusty.

I'm also happy that the suits grey, this year we will finally see 2 things on a live action Batman again - a grey Batsuit and a yellow oval!

Looking forward to the figure release for this but with it being so close I wouldn't be mad if I saw the movie before Hot Toys drops the pre-order. If they dropped the Rami/ASM figures over the next 2 weeks (plus any of those Hawkeye/BoBF figures others are wanting) and then The Batman the first full week of March I wouldn't be mad as its still going to be mid to late 2023 before he's in the collection.

I'm glad the suit doesn't have the orange lining on the boots like in the Funko Pop figures. The stuntman's wingsuit also has orange tabs but I believe they were for safety purposes?

Back