Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine in a legend studio display case IMG_0089.jpgIMG_0081.jpgIMG_0083.jpgIMG_0085.jpg

same here.
really disappointed by the result. i'm happy for others here who think this looks phenomenal, but for me it looks actually aweful! the shoulders, the chest, the neck, the headsculpt, everything is looking strange. it doesn't work together, no harmony. difficult to explain. it looks like its being a very small figure, so it wasn't possible to get the proportions right, but damn, this is an 1/4 figure, and it should look alright.

the accessories are looking very great though and it has A LOT! this is what it should any 1/6 figure have for their new price-tags!

the bale sculpt... sorry but meh! sure it has some more details here and there, but it's TOO much details, so it gives me an overall look of Tom Cruise and not Bale...

i think hot toys just can't sculpt a bale batman sculpt by looking at this. they had so many attemps, and now also the 1/4 chance where you should have thought it would be easier for the artist, but damn no, again they fail :(

dissapointed, as I've expected to have an 1/4 tdk figure at my desk, but now i'm going to pass easily on this.
Glad to see you changed your mind Thrustmaster,nice pics BTW mate,was reading through some old posts,then I saw your pics,it's funny how time changes things,and a chance to see some figures in hand can sometimes can really change our minds,still love my 1/4 Bats,and truly that time of the DX12,DX11,1/4 Bats,and TDK/TDKR was one of my favourite era's of collecting,I had never been so excited for any figures as I was back then

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Glad to see you changed your mind Thrustmaster,nice pics BTW mate,was reading through some old posts,then I saw your pics,it's funny how time changes things,and a chance to see some figures in hand can sometimes can really change our minds,still love my 1/4 Bats,and truly that time of the DX12,DX11,1/4 Bats,and TDK/TDKR was one of my favourite era's of collecting,I had never been so excited for any figures as I was back then

Couldn't agree more! I lived on this thread until I got my first 1/4 TDKR Batman. So many differing opinions on this figure throughout the years. It goes without saying that I maybe in the minority and slightly biased since I now have two but I think Hot Toys by and large did a wonderful job. I've added several figures from 1/4 and 1/6 scales since but this guy is front and center of my collection.

Couldn't agree more! I lived on this thread until I got my first 1/4 TDKR Batman. So many differing opinions on this figure throughout the years. It goes without saying that I maybe in the minority and slightly biased since I now have two but I think Hot Toys by and large did a wonderful job. I've added several figures from 1/4 and 1/6 scales since but this guy is front and center of my collection.
Nice,yeah there's something about this figure,once it's all set up it's a dominating figure,maybe it's the suit at this scale,all that black,all those accessories,the headsculpts.........you're right though,by and large HT did a great job,and I can't believe this figure is around 4 years old now,and I still enjoy staring at it 😁😁

This looks so much better than any of the 1/6 scale Bale figures Hot Toys did.

I wonder if Batfleck will get their 1/4 scale treatment somewhere down the line.

This looks so much better than any of the 1/6 scale Bale figures Hot Toys did.

I wonder if Batfleck will get their 1/4 scale treatment somewhere down the line.
with so many suit that batfleck has, I would love to see which one HT will make in 1/4 scale

damn, you've quoted my post from 2012 :D don't forget that this figure looked back then completely different, like shown on page 1. hot toys showed this on a con, i don't remember where it was, but it looks even worse then on those promo-pics. something like a mix of a bird and a unproportioned robot, definitely not human-like. the sculpt looked really aweful and the body proportion were back at the time also really bad. hot toys improved the figure before their release a lot in every way. so, no, i haven't changed my mind, but hot toys their figure :) so we have a complete different figure now as what was promoted first and that's why i also criticized it.

the figure we got now has also its flaws, again addressed in their body-proportions, size/form of the cowl, etc. but like i said, they improved a lot on it, and it became a beauty and i'm enjoying it until now a lot, especially after some mods. that being said, if hot toys would have released the figure with the look which they showed back in 2012, i would have never ever bought it.

Is this figure the same as the Armoury Batman, as in they did the same improvements from the DX12 with this as they did with the Armoury one? I want to buy this new but no where has it, unless I want to pay twice the original price was, which I don't!

Is this figure the same as the Armoury Batman, as in they did the same improvements from the DX12 with this as they did with the Armoury one? I want to buy this new but no where has it, unless I want to pay twice the original price was, which I don't!

Not exactly the same, but the Armory Batman was surely improved over the DX12 and one thing obviously taken from the QS version is the likeness on the mouthplates. Still not perfect in 1/6 form, but a good change from DX12's stock faceplates. The eyes under the cowl of the Armory version was also improved, now more squinty vs the infamous large eyes of DX12.

I think some of the armor plating on the thighs of the Armory version have become more accurate, just like in the QS version. Shoulder armor on Armory is still same as DX12's which is one piece vs two-piece in QS.

Back