Hot Toys--TDK-1/6th The JOKER (Bank Robber version) full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm mildly excited. I love the quality of the v2 head, but for my collecting purposes, I have some issues. For fun photographs and such, the v1 head is great as far as the diabolical expression, if they did a new head with that emotion but v2 likeness quality, that'd be awesome as hell. As it is, I love the accurracy of the v2 head, but the eyes being painted permanently looking out the corners as they are is a frustration for me. Part of my collecting these figures is because of the photographic and artistic fun I have with them, and doing something like painting eyes like that is a limitation to what I can do with the piece, so until I get the eyes repainted to look straight, if HT doesn't change that before production, I will not be too happy with the v2 head.

Joker for me is about variety of makeup looks and facial expression, so there is no ONE head for me, I'll use the v1 head, the v2, Les' custom head I'm getting, variety is nice.

That's all good and nice, but $150 is a lot of scratch for a figure, and whether or not it has the perfect expression or eye position, dollars to donuts I bet no one would choose any Joker head over the HT V.2 if they had a choice of just one. (although I wouldn't be surprised if contrarians reared their heads here).

That's all good and nice, but $150 is a lot of scratch for a figure, and whether or not it has the perfect expression or eye position, dollars to donuts I bet no one would choose any Joker head over the HT V.2 if they had a choice of just one. (although I wouldn't be surprised if contrarians reared their heads here).

Given a choice of only being able to have one, yes I'd pick the v2, but since I have choices, it's not the only figure head for me.

Just got the v1 Joker from eBay. The fig is really impressive! Ordered the bank robber head also from eBay(not cheap with shipping!) I agree that the v1 head looks more diabolical, but the robber head is better,spot on to Ledger's Joker. I would still like to display both versions. Question. Will the hot toys true body accept the Joker's head? If any one knows it would be appreciated thanks!

Slicked back Bank Robber head modded.

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

yeah at first i thought they were weird but for a character whose not wearing long sleeves i think that they work.

Just got the v1 Joker from eBay. The fig is really impressive! Ordered the bank robber head also from eBay(not cheap with shipping!) I agree that the v1 head looks more diabolical, but the robber head is better,spot on to Ledger's Joker. I would still like to display both versions. Question. Will the hot toys true body accept the Joker's head? If any one knows it would be appreciated thanks!

All the Hot Toys Joker heads (and most Hot Toys heads in general) are interchangeable on the Truetypes. It's only when you get to really unique and weird necks (like the OC Batman or the Bat Demon) that things become problematic.

I dremeled the heck out of the shoulders on the Bank Robber's Standard True Type. Has basically the dimensions of a Narrow TT now.

P1140086.jpg

P1140088.jpg

P1140089.jpg

P1140090.jpg

The jacket fits much better now.​

^Very nice villains display. Makes me kinda regret not having Scarecrow to complete a set-up like that. Actually I don't have a nurse Joker either.

I dremeled the heck out of the shoulders on the Bank Robber's Standard True Type. Has basically the dimensions of a Narrow TT now.

P1140086.jpg

The jacket fits much better now.​

Great setup indeed. Love the above photo. I still haven't taken mine out of the box. That might be changing very very soon :)

Nice shot. I just bashed a RB Joker. The only thing I dont have is the head shown above, that damn thing is too expensive. Ill probably never get it unfortunately. Im happy with mine though especially since I put it together for under a $100.:D

Out of curiosity, why? I honestly can't tell what figures use it and what don't.

Out of curiosity, why?

Should've taken a before pic. The Standard TT makes the shoulders stick way out <------------->. Check your figure. The shoulders stick out farther than the jacket's shoulder seem (unless you futz it to have the jacket wide open in front.

I honestly don't know why the Narrow Shoulder TT isn't the Standard as it's so much closer to real human perportions. The only time I would purposefully chose a Standard over a Narrow is to disguise that a head is too big (i.e. MRM's Joker head and my sunohc Cobb).

I honestly can't tell what figures use it and what don't.

Seriously? :/

Back