Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

I'm sure we'll see a new body specifically designed for this release - it's a DX, HT will pull out all the stops for this i'm sure

This from the Hot Toys Facebook page:

Our dear fans, this Winter Hot Toys will be bringing you surprise from the highly anticipated SUPERMAN (1978) movie license! Long-awaited by fans from all over the world, we’ll launch the first-of-his kind 1/6th scale collectible figure of this American superhero acted by notable artist Christopher Reeve!

Announcing this together is another great news, also much expected by our fans! We now proudly announce our new Korean extraordinary artist Mr Arnie Kim to join the Hot Toys family! Taking the lead is the long-awaiting SUPERMAN project! We hope this unprecedented project and collaboration will bring to fans great excitement and anticipation! More exciting projects with outstanding characters will be coming soon! So please stay tuned with us for update!

47090_424606297343_58690437343_5319683_6297286_n.jpg

:goodpost::yess::hi5::panic::clap

I e-mailed HT to thank them for this, and said I hoped they would make Michael Keaton next. They said they will work their hardest to make fans wishes come true. I really feel like it's around the corner.

I e-mailed HT to thank them for this, and said I hoped they would make Michael Keaton next. They said they will work their hardest to make fans wishes come true. I really feel like it's around the corner.

That's actually very promising.

Not HT standard e-mail response of 'we will pass on your thoughts to our marketing team'.

Awesome. :rock

Your sig is awesome Snake. I changed my signature for Chris too. I remember growing up reading the comics, especially loving Alex Ross' artwork in the Justice series(the size of the S was too cool) and Superman just had that certain mystic, 'feels like home' quality to it. I love the Bat too, but Supes just has that certain oomph to it.

Here's exactly what I got back from HT:

Hello,

Thanks for your appreciation.
We will keep work hard on fulfilling our fans wishes.
Please keep to support Hot Toys and visit our official website to get most updated news!

Cheers man, did my best without photoshop!! :lol

That is a wonderful quote to use in yours. Completely agree too, Alex Ross is one of, if not my favourite. Such a wonderful style.

Cheers for sharing that. Sounds promising! :rock

I would love to see a Smirk and normal expressions,2 heads for this release.
There was nothing i liked more than Superman during my childhood,so this release is a dream come true for me.

I just hope they use the right material for the Costume.

They should have had BobbyC do the headsculpt, can you imagine what's going to happen if the likeness isn't 100%? This board will literally explode in a river of molten flame. :lol

I wonder what the "first-of-his-kind" statements means? Just poor translation or they doing something special with this Dx?

with arnie kim we're getting maybe a bruce lee in a superman costume :monkey1

I was never really into the superman thing guess it was because the burton movie was real popular when i was a kid, but anyways even though i wasnt a huge fan I cant wait for this figure to be fully revealed. It being a DX fig makes the possibilites limitless. After the T-1000 and all the accessories and that was just a regular MMS release,I can only imagine all the stuff that will be with this guy. It will definatly be a 2 in 1 and I hope the cape is poseable like the batman cape that came wih the batpod. After this I hope the Keaton bats is not too far off.

After Arnie is done with Superman I hope he brings his Rocky to the table as well. I still think it's the best Rocky figure that's ever been made.

Best newsletter ever...

I disagree...

The best news letter we got was DX01 Joker...

Heath Ledger as Joker gave me chills down my spine... Thats something very few movies have ever done... Superman wasnt one of them... I know I know let the flames and haters begin...

But thats what I think...

I'm not so interested in getting it myself but I am more then interested in seeing what they come up with.

Best newsletter ever...

I disagree...

The best news letter we got was DX01 Joker...

:lol:lol:rotfl:lol

I don't even remember that newsletter. I guess cause I already had 2 HT Jokers and I wasn't interested in HT bilking more $$$ out of me for another.

You have heard of Arnie Kim, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back