Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I hope Arnie Kim isn't involved with the Batman '89 figures.

This was in the HT Indiana Jones thread earlier today. I've now seen 2 sh-tty Indy sculpts by Arnie Kim and HT is gun shy about showing us Christopher Reeve. It doesn't make me confident.

I think the HT snippers might be right on this one.

I found this picture of a Custom Tuxedo Indy who face was sculpted by Arnie.
I think it's pretty good
-140582706654887100.jpg
-140582706654887101.jpg

https://www.customactionfigures.net/2010/11/16-custom-indiana-jones-tuxedo-tod-12-ooak-figure-wow/

DinoLast informs me it's a re-sculpt of this Arnie Kim Indy head:

JeremysCrap011-1.jpg

I think we can all agree this is better than the Gregory Peck looking guy in the tux.

Still, i am just glad it's happening still. I think a lot of us forget that. A year ago this was still a dream figure. Now we know it's happening!

Grail figure for me.
<object width="480" height="390">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5cDixDGokCE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></object>

You'll get to have a full detailed, modern day Fallen Angel,with the symbol of the Serpent 'S' (Satan) logo on his chest in 1/6 scale :)

Just found out from a good source that the sculpt is being refined, so expect even more waiting

If it needs time, I say take all the time you need...assuming this'll be the one and only Reeve figure. Since they're going straight to DX, I'm guessing this'll be the only one. In that case, take youe time HT. Get it right!

I'm all for Hot Toys taking their time with this (and Batman 1989) so they get it absolutely right. They know how many fans have been waiting for them to do this Superman figure, they won't disappoint.

If it needs time, I say take all the time you need...assuming this'll be the one and only Reeve figure. Since they're going straight to DX, I'm guessing this'll be the only one. In that case, take youe time HT. Get it right!

Exactly. I suspect Indy got bumped up to DX05 because they wanted more time for Supes. Just a shame Indy suffered as a result. Let's hope the extra time pays off...

Exactly. I suspect Indy got bumped up to DX05 because they wanted more time for Supes. Just a shame Indy suffered as a result. Let's hope the extra time pays off...

That is most definitely a shame if true. These are classic, beloved movie characters and I want HT to make sure the sculpts are up to snuff before they're released. I'll be getting the Indy, but not without a lot of reservations. It could've been so much stronger. We know what HT is capable of and this is one of the most iconic characters they've ever released. It's a shame it's not as strong as we know they could've made it. Maybe we'll still get a revised sculpt that pulls off an amazing likeness.

Back to Reeve. The head sculpt will truly make or break this figure. If getting it right means waiting another year even....I'm ok with that hehe. We've got other awesome stuff coming in the meantime...just please don't screw up Reeve, HT.

Hey! Maybe HT and Arnie saw 16K's superman custom on the Hot toys facebook page I posted and said..."How we going to top that" :gah: Joking fellas...:lol Hot toys and arnie will produce an Amazing Superman, But if you guys are tired of waiting, and want to go the Kitbash way...hit me up for the suit and boots, and Sosa for the Head sculpt, and you can put one Great Reeves together.

I beileve I had one more spot on the suit thread waiting...But if there's enough interest I'll had 5 more, if you want a nice Superman to hold you till HT comes.

But the thing is Paitience...HT will deliver:impatient:

16k- Great work on that and lowering the head some.:hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back