Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1633003998701.png

Too much forehead, forehead? At a glance I thought yes but after looking back at the animated pics of him it's probably ok.

I wonder if he's going to be as fidgety and difficult to pose as Cody is. Smart money says yes.

Probably not, will probably use the 501st/Coruscant guard body which is amazing for posing.

I don't have many issues with my Cody though. He also won't have the light up arm that Cody comes with.

Man, he came out great! Hate that I originally missed out on Cody. Not sure I want Rex without him. Guess it's good that he's waitlisted on SS now. Less urge for a kneejerk order :lol

It was a previous post that someone mentioned Rex was waitlisted...however I didn't catch that it was just a gag until going back just now to check :slap :lol Either way, the gag worked in a sense by saving me from impulsively ordering one.

To be fair, there has been a lot of gags and troll posts in this topic the last few pages lol.

To be fair, there has been a lot of gags and troll posts in this topic the last few pages lol.
haha yea true. Oh well, all in good fun. Though I imagine those who have been following this thread closer than I have probably feel the gag/troll posts were getting a little tiresome.
Nope, he read @Uncle Bingo's post and took it for truth.
Correct, which I already admitted to and mentioned a few posts above.

I wonder if he's going to be as fidgety and difficult to pose as Cody is. Smart money says yes.

I sure hope not. I'm glad to have Cody but I was disappointed with the figure in hand relative to some others from recent memory like Mando, Heavy Mando, and IG-11. Those exceeded my expectations.

I am feeling the need to buy a second Rex but I'm holding off until I see some video reviews.

Cody's light up arm was too easy to detach. But his main problem was the body suit being much too thick to pose the legs and a lack of ratchet joints. 501st got a thinner/better tailored body suit and ratchet joints in the hips. Coruscant Guards removed the ratchet on the outward leg motion to allow better range. So they've been gradually improving the clone trooper with each iteration, hope they continue.

The only problems I had with Cody were the swap out arm and how difficult it was to get the guns in the hand.

What else was there?

Back