Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On one hand it could just be another delay on the other hand it’s when SS actually expects to get him. Granted even if he released tomorrow in Hk, SS wouldn’t have him for a month
If your flexpay is coming up, it gets pushed one month regardless whether they expect tomorrow or next year. They'll just keep pushing it a month until it arrives in advance of the flexpay date. It's not been released in HK yet, so you're looking at November best case for this...

I'm glad my IG-11 finally shipped. :yess: As I believe it will be my last HT figure I receive for the year. I was waiting for this guy to be in stock and ready to ship. I would've gotten the DX Beskar Mando but decided to wait for the s2 shiny version in 3 years... I think, unless I like some s3 version even more... :lol

Rex would've been my next purchase, but if he is being pushed till October, then the ridiculous amount of time it is taking these figures to actually reach SS in the U.S., this guy most likely won't be seen by most till next year.

But I do have my SS phase I & II Rex to keep me happy.

If your flexpay is coming up, it gets pushed one month regardless whether they expect tomorrow or next year. They'll just keep pushing it a month until it arrives in advance of the flexpay date. It's not been released in HK yet, so you're looking at November best case for this...
Yeah I’ve had him ordered Day 1 Hong Kong so I’m not 100% sure how Sideshows payment plan works.

I saw a video of a display at some Taiwan expo and Rex was in it with slightly different weathering, so that MIGHT have been his final product

I also received the delay email of the figure of Rex through sideshow for October, what I see is that now instead of being pendienets $ 99 says are $ 69 the outstanding amount.

Hello fellow NJ resident!

For what it's worth, I just don't think highly of Sideshow as a company anymore. They used to be a very consumer friendly company, but between jacking their shipping prices to make up for their other screw ups, changing a good rewards program and the way they censor their groups, I'm just not a fan anymore. Would just rather go elsewhere when I can pay when the figure comes out anyway.

I'm right there with you on hoping for Rex soon!
Hello Jersey pal 😂
I agree. Sideshow has been just doing their damnest to kill their collector base. They got rid of reward point giveaways, now it’s a hugeee process to earn any without buying stuff (understandable), they cut their “thank you” coupons from $25 to $20 now and they also reduced the number of items they work for. They used to work for essentially ANYTHING whether it just went up for PO that day or just came in stock. Now it’s just a random selection. It’s easy to see with the Star Wars items specifically. And yeah, they definitely censor their groups. The grievous fiasco just really made a lot of people sour on them. They even removed my “top fan” badge because I said that it was disappointing they advertised all these changes for Grievous and didn’t follow through. Real petty. I get they handled it eventually, but it shouldn’t have happened to begin with AND they definitely shouldn’t hve stayed silent for so long.

ANYWAYYYY, how bout that Rex? 🤣 WHERE ARE YOU REX?!?

Hello Jersey pal 😂
I agree. Sideshow has been just doing their damnest to kill their collector base. They got rid of reward point giveaways, now it’s a hugeee process to earn any without buying stuff (understandable), they cut their “thank you” coupons from $25 to $20 now and they also reduced the number of items they work for. They used to work for essentially ANYTHING whether it just went up for PO that day or just came in stock. Now it’s just a random selection. It’s easy to see with the Star Wars items specifically. And yeah, they definitely censor their groups. The grievous fiasco just really made a lot of people sour on them. They even removed my “top fan” badge because I said that it was disappointing they advertised all these changes for Grievous and didn’t follow through. Real petty. I get they handled it eventually, but it shouldn’t have happened to begin with AND they definitely shouldn’t hve stayed silent for so long.

ANYWAYYYY, how bout that Rex? 🤣 WHERE ARE YOU REX?!?
Jersey here too, where’s my fooking Rex

They even removed my “top fan” badge because I said that it was disappointing they advertised all these changes for Grievous and didn’t follow through. Real petty.
Where do you even go in life after something like that?

Jokes aside, it’s ironic because a true fan makes constructive critiques when warranted.

You take that and try to improve. Otherwise you’re left with a bunch of toadie yes men and you stagnate.

It’s sad to see these broad collector unfriendly moves being made these past few years.

Where do you even go in life after something like that?

Jokes aside, it’s ironic because a true fan makes constructive critiques when warranted.

You take that and try to improve. Otherwise you’re left with a bunch of toadie yes men and you stagnate.

It’s sad to see these broad collector unfriendly moves being made these past few years.
Agreed. That was a point I made because they ALWAYS say it’s “okay to make constructive criticism about sideshow products as long as it’s not just pointless hate” and I brought that up and they just closed the threads. Like always. In even more great Sideshow news, my new Grievous hand showed up today and it had the EXACT same broken finger 😂 LOVE IT!

C3C9D35A-E31B-4E4A-882F-F4F01B4FF36A.jpeg

And it’s been hard to deal with losing my “Top Fan” badge. I’ve been crying a lot and eating Ben and Jerry’s mostly. Considering I think you just get those for commenting a lot or something 🤣

Back