1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: Rogue One - Assault Tank Commander Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TW has created a shipping label for my 2nd batch figure. Which means we might see it ship within… A week? Or two? I just hope they wont cancel it for some made-up reason. That would be infuriating.

Tank Commander has arrived...

20220318_154841.jpg

Mine finally arrived today too. I'm surprised how much I really like this figure, he was never a particular favorite of mine and he appeared in a slow part of RO that I didn't much care for. I appreciate the design of this figure in hand much more than I did the character on screen, the look and vibe is very OT. I think the sooty like shaded weathering on this figure is a huge improvement over what HT did with the Shore Troopers which looks more printed on and unnatural to me.

There is literally nothing to complain about here unless you want to gripe about the fact that he comes with almost nothing. A bit of a shame they didn't include a kyber crystal case from off the tank. But the figure looks so good that I am probably going to need a second:/

Mine is due to arrive on Monday and I'm already thinking of getting a second one... :wink1:

I always buy troopers in pairs or more so my rule is I either pass altogether or buy multiples. I thought I was going to break the rule with the Tank Trooper but I'm already planning to put another one on my list of things to pay for next month. It's an expensive habit but I really enjoy army building HT troopers. The upcoming Scout Troopers are going an expensive venture for me, I'm planning to pick up a good number of them.

There is literally nothing to complain about here unless you want to gripe about the fact that he comes with almost nothing. A bit of a shame they didn't include a kyber crystal case from off the tank. But the figure looks so good that I am probably going to need a second:/

Why stop there...what about a 3rd? or a 4th?

giphy.gif

Mine finally arrived today too. I'm surprised how much I really like this figure, he was never a particular favorite of mine and he appeared in a slow part of RO that I didn't much care for. I appreciate the design of this figure in hand much more than I did the character on screen, the look and vibe is very OT. I think the sooty like shaded weathering on this figure is a huge improvement over what HT did with the Shore Troopers which looks more printed on and unnatural to me.

Indeed...it's such an obvious choice for an accessory here. And while it's a slight stretch to include with this figure, a security "wanted" holo of Bodi Rook would have worked too. Still, everything from the box art to the figure itself looks, dare I say it, almost classy in it's presentation and I can't wait until the next slow boat gets unloaded so I can get mine.

Even if the crate would’ve been too big to be feasible, it would’ve nice to have at least one of the inner Kyber crystal cases. Same with a tray and cup for the Shoretrooper.

But accessories and hands is where Hot Toys makes the most frequent cuts unfortunately.

8C716764-624B-4469-BE3F-AC6C87683EB9.jpeg
088105B4-7E74-43F0-9491-47E51BE8AFEC.jpeg

Like you, I used to have a rule of at least two for troopers. But that got to be too much of a drag because I didn’t necessarily want two of every trooper. So mentally I categorize troopers into main and secondary troopers.

If it’s a main trooper or a trooper I really like, I’ll buy multiple. If it’s a secondary trooper or one I’m just okay with, I’ll get one and group them together in a one of each trooper display.

Shoretroopers, tank commander, tank pilot and K2SO are excellent designs from RO. Not a fan, contrary to popular belief, of the death trooper design. Hope we see these designs in future films and shows.

Anyone thinking about repainting a shoretrooper helmet and the tank commander body to create a tank pilot? Would look cool as a pair and shoretrooper helmets are rather cheap currently.

Back