Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, I hope these are the new ones, looks like they are using the vinyl material for both suits which I don't think is accurate but it's probably the best indicator they are new, I also think both figures have a seam below the neck, the old Andrew figure was the same but I don't remember that being the case with Tobey.
Sucks they're slapping that vinyl material onto these figures. Good luck posing these like all the other Spider-Man figures they produced. What they got right with the original figures at the very least was that they made the entire suit with a better fabric material for posing.

I can already see the brunching up of that vinyl material in the teaser.

3v0qB7j.png

I wish it was all cloth for posing, that's too bad. I do like the head and neck being attached despite that seam at the bottom, I never liked the gap of the separated head of my Tom Holland version. It's not perfect but I don't have any of the old Spidey figures so I'll be getting it anyway lol, this was one of my most wanted for years, and I don't have to cancel my Green Goblin and Doc Ock now lol. Now comes the 2-3 year wait.

Last edited:
Sucks they're slapping that vinyl material onto these figures. Good luck posing these like all the other Spider-Man figures they produced. What they got right with the original figures at the very least was that they made the entire suit with a better fabric material for posing.

I can already see the brunching up of that vinyl material in the teaser.

3v0qB7j.png

Oof, that does look bad. Maybe don't sign me up yet :slap

Not sure why they don’t keep going the Scarlet SM figure outfit design (best SM to date imo) but i will own this as i’m confident final product will be great!

The black and gold suit actually has some decent fabric. Not as good as those old ones but I would’ve taken that.

I hate this foamy crap they’re using for all the ps4 figures.
I’m baffled that they chose to reveal them this way. HT is weird

I never understood why the first Toby Spider-man figures had thick thighs and I feel like I'm still seeing that here.

I would much rather have the high neck fabric than that ugly neck joint.

I also hope they recapture Tobey's musculature inside the suit. He had strong shoulders and triceps. The original did well with that, especially the symbiote version.

Andrew looks a little better. His proportions are bigger which was the biggest thing.

It looks like a mixture of old and new. The original figure also has that neck line where the mask meets the suit. The web lines do look aligned this time which they are not in spots on the original. The head is new, this one has a chin which the original more or less did not. Pretty sure it is a better body underneath, the proportions look better. The red is similar to the original but there are differences like more web lines across the belt area. The blue looks more like the modern suits but all of the seams to be in more or less the same spots. Obviously hard to tell based on the one photo, lots of surmising going on!!

In the new world, I will handover money once I see some reviews. Hopefully I will still be alive lol :):)

Back