Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was always holding out for the end sequence Holland suit, but I would have been tempted to get the others as well if they were good enough. I guess HT wants me to put all of my chips on red.

What’s with the weird unsightly neck joints?

View attachment 573815
It's their method of having a seamless head to neck look for the mask. Which was my problem with all the Holland figures. The downside is that now the cut is on the neck collar. There's unfornately no way around it unless if they don't do a face sculpt at all.

VyoZwIU.png

It's their method of having a seamless head to neck look for the mask. Which was my problem with all the Holland figures. The downside is that now the cut is on the neck collar. There's unfornately no way around it unless if they don't do a face sculpt at all.

VyoZwIU.png
I’d rather have it the way they do the TH figures personally, less unsightly.

What’s with the weird unsightly neck joints?

View attachment 573815
Most likely this is the new approach to having masked and unmasked Spidey sculpts.

Seeing as how when he removes the mask half of his neck should also be exposed which is never the case with the TH figures. The suit just appears to get absorbed under his chin.
I’ve already got a dynamically posed Raimi Spider-Man so I’m here for the Tobey and Andrew Sculpts and this joint really doesn’t look that egregious. Nice to see HT trying something new at least.

If that are the final figures with that colours, necks etc... I'm totally out! No way I'm gonna pay for that minimum effort of improving. And I'm not with the same hype of months ago. So...

Finally, I hope these are the new ones, looks like they are using the vinyl material for both suits which I don't think is accurate but it's probably the best indicator they are new, I also think both figures have a seam below the neck, the old Andrew figure was the same but I don't remember that being the case with Tobey.

Back