Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don’t understand why they went with vinyl? Can we respectfully let HT know how stupid that is?
People have been bitching about it since the start of their video game Spider-Man figures. They have a hard on for the material for some reason.

Baffling decision. Just use fabric ffs. I love $300 Spider-Man figures that can only museum pose for it's life. :violin

Last edited:
I kind of get it for Tom and Andrew but it blows my mind why they constantly do this bs

Just like new Nolan batman figure, if you don't have the old figures these are easy purchases, not so easy if you have the first versions unless you are looking to upgrade.

Will probably still get Tobey but sucks HT are using that material that limits you to leaving him in a museum pose.

Hopefully InArt make him at some point. They put Tobey and Andrew in their recent polls and both were hugely popular.

Proportions on Toby-Man look way better in that photo already. I’ll have to go back and watch the movie again to see if the material looks different. HT seems to try for accurate materials when they can. Seems pointless if it’s not like the movie.

The one thing that is nice to see that was not in the movie on the TM spidey is the original web pattern. In the movie the silver pattern looks like straight lines rather than the curved webbing we remember. Almost like the added it with 3D fabric paint in the movie rather than a molded silicon webbing they had to glue onto the costume.

It’s there but it’s really subtle in some areas and non existent in others like a checkerboard pattern.

Attachments

• D10788D9-E14C-4C4B-97AC-104E43349A81.jpeg
    D10788D9-E14C-4C4B-97AC-104E43349A81.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 369C7710-61B2-4960-A85F-4DDA24F47FCF.jpeg
    369C7710-61B2-4960-A85F-4DDA24F47FCF.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 59
  • CF97DA4A-E6CE-4C33-A975-CA8A208BB0AA.jpeg
    CF97DA4A-E6CE-4C33-A975-CA8A208BB0AA.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 61
Proportions on Toby-Man look way better in that photo already. I’ll have to go back and watch the movie again to see if the material looks different. HT seems to try for accurate materials when they can. Seems pointless if it’s not like the movie.

The one thing that is nice to see that was not in the movie on the TM spidey is the original web pattern. In the movie the silver pattern looks like straight lines rather than the curved webbing we remember. Almost like the added it with 3D fabric paint in the movie rather than a molded silicon webbing they had to glue onto the costume.
Yeah that was the first thing I noticed with the teaser.

They're not using the new web design, which I'm perfectly okay with since I'm not a fan of NWH's change. NWH seems to have done some weird stuff to his web and mask web where they added an extra line inbetween the lens and made them straight for some reason.

I prefer the SM1-3 look and it looks like Hot Toys is doing that besides the lens edge color being black.

Pzero3n.png

ZpcNxuG.png

Last edited:
Yeah that was the first thing I noticed with the teaser.

They're not using the new web design, which I'm perfectly okay with since I'm not a fan of NWH's change. NWH seems to have done some weird stuff to his web and mask web where they added an extra line inbetween the lens and made them straight for some reason.

I prefer the SM1-3 look and it looks like Hot Toys is doing that besides the lens edge color being black.

Pzero3n.png

ZpcNxuG.png
Yeah the NWH mask just looks bad to me, why not just use the original superior design?

Hopefully InArt make him at some point. They put Tobey and Andrew in their recent polls and both were hugely popular.
Would they even be able to? I thought Hot Toys has a global license for 1/6 scale MCU figures, whereas the DC licenses are regional (which is why you have to order InArt stuff from overseas). I would he very happy if Hot Toys no longer has an exclusive license.

Is HT re-issuing the Tobey Spider-Man?

It would be a new figure entirely and not a re-issue. While there are concerns about the materials used for the new figure, I think there would be more complaints about the same decade old figure being re-released.

Spider-Man figures have come a long way since then in appearance, even if poseability might be affected by the suit material.

Last edited:
Hope we get the reveals this week. Smart for HT to tease then deliver within a week or two. I do hate this Batmobile and Electro nonsense.

Back