Hot Toys Spider-Man modified

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stunna

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just made a slight mod to my spidey with the mask off and stark head as a temp. tried to change the boots but the pegs that connect the foot to leg is smaller than the average ball/peg so that was a fail. wanted to have him wearing pants but i cant seem to get em past the thighs as its extra bulky, anyone know if they are removable like on the recent muscular true type adv vers where the bulky thigh piece can be removed so u get a slim leg? im too scared to cut the fabric to find out its sculpted.

What are you trying to do with this custom...?

6a00d8341bfa1853ef010535d2dc55970b-800wi.jpg

Going for an eventual unmasked Tobey Spidey from the looks of it. Nice job so far. Braver man than I.

Do you have a sculpt in mind?

I took apart a RAH Medicom Spider-Man that had broken for mine Peter Parker bash. Try ACI jeans or try and find the jeans from Playhouse's GSG9 "24" figure, they should fit nicely.

What are you trying to do with this custom...?

just do an alternate unmasked version since ive got 2 of them, make it more of a 'changing to spider man from parker vers'

Going for an eventual unmasked Tobey Spidey from the looks of it. Nice job so far. Braver man than I.

Do you have a sculpt in mind?

maybe the head from the new slim true type and have the mask halfway down the face so it looks like his masking/unmasking

Just made a slight mod to my spidey with the mask off and stark head as a temp. tried to change the boots but the pegs that connect the foot to leg is smaller than the average ball/peg so that was a fail. wanted to have him wearing pants but i cant seem to get em past the thighs as its extra bulky, anyone know if they are removable like on the recent muscular true type adv vers where the bulky thigh piece can be removed so u get a slim leg? im too scared to cut the fabric to find out its sculpted.
The thigh piece should be able to be removed... but I suppose it's glued-in... Just hope HT's glue is not that strong... You should be able to worn the thigh piece out through the opening of the lower legs.

Seems kind of dumb to cut up the figure with there being no decent Toby sculpt on the market. (well none i know of)

well, good luck with your custom, man.

i don't have the guts or the extra dollars for a trip like that.

i'll just wait for hot toys to release that unmasked version. this figure will sell lots. they'll milk this for sure.

Back