Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not, it's sold seperately and titled "Lizard" as part of the No Way Home lineup, they paired this with that base because they obviously wanted it to be that way but couldn't be cause of lciensing issues with Andrew.
Well that’s just stupid

It's not, it's sold seperately and titled "Lizard" as part of the No Way Home lineup, they paired this with that base because they obviously wanted it to be that way but couldn't be cause of lciensing issues with Andrew.

Well, if HT puts up Maguire Spidey and doesn't use NWH as well, it's gotta be something with Sony and Disney.

While it's sold separately it's still considered as a set. The reason why they used amazing spider man 2 is that he wears same costume in no way home. They couldn't sell it as a set bc with lizard he has a different costume in the first film. So that 2 items are considered as NO WAY HOME release. I just can't understand why everything is so complicated and wonder if Tobey made same drama. I don't know why someone would decline such an opportunity to make a hot toy of them. They must be happy instead.

What a weird release...interested to see how this plays out.

I feel like this is a disappointment for most due the wonky licensing and reused headsculpt...

Well, if HT puts up Maguire Spidey and doesn't use NWH as well, it's gotta be something with Sony and Disney.
Maguire certainly looked older in NWH, so it's going to be a lot harder to pass that one off as a NWH version if they can only use his original likeness.

And at this rate they might as well just make it an upgraded SM1 or 2 Maguire instead to be consistent. And we'll just have to write off the idea of having the three NWH Peters.

That lizard base by itself is one of the most laughable thing's i've ever seen from HT. I didn't want to use the word "pathetic" but I was close. If you're going to go that far, just make the damn figure.

I honestly don't mind the Andy repaint, it looks better with the updated paintjob for sure.

I would LOVE to see them try to re-use the Toby sculpt from 2011, only for the insane backlash it will receive. They wouldn't be that dumb, would they?

You really think it's Garfield not signing off his likeness? He seemed to be enthusiastic in reprising his ASM role in NWH compared to Maguire. It just doesn't add up in my opinion if it's him. Alternatively, HT could have put Maguire SM up for PO first if he they got his approval to use his likeness. Maybe you have some info to share.

You really think it's Garfield not signing off his likeness? He seemed to be enthusiastic in reprising his ASM role in NWH compared to Maguire. It just doesn't add up in my opinion if it's him. Alternatively, HT could have put Maguire SM up for PO first if he they got his approval to use his likeness. Maybe you have some info to share.
Maybe Hot Toys just cut the corners and didn't want to pay for the likeness again for the upgraded aged up sculpt? That sounds more logical to me. Hot Toys loves reusing things.

I never thought about that ..you could be right about Garfield spidey being revealed before Tobey spidey could be Tobey’s issue

However the new peter sculpt on this doesn’t look quite Garfield peter from NWH so hmmmm

Last edited:
Yeah I'm guessing it's laziness on HT's part more than anything. They just didn't want to go through the trouble of making a new sculpt.

To be fair…they labeled this as TASM2…so they can try to justify using the old head sculpt…EXCEPT…the hair is still wrong.

Anyway, I can’t defend this company anymore haha.

Iron Studios said as much for their statues, they didn't say who but one actor wasn't playing ball so they axed unmasked sculpts for their NWH lineup. Then remembering that Garfield had tons of drama regarding the original sculpt for the ASM films, and his likeness is on nothing else that's ever been made.

Iron Studios said as much for their statues, they didn't say who but one actor wasn't playing ball so they axed unmasked sculpts for their NWH lineup. Then remembering that Garfield had tons of drama regarding the original sculpt for the ASM films, and his likeness is on nothing else that's ever been made.
That's annoying, makes no sense,why he would do that.

Back