Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20220713-145409_Instagram.jpg

If an actor doesn't sign off on their likeness for a new product, a company is normally allowed to re-use a previously signed off mold. So that may be the case with this.

Seems modified old sculpts are new trend. They did same with Thor,I'm not complaining I don't have previous releases of any of them,both look amazing to me.
If an actor doesn't sign off on their likeness for a new product, a company is normally allowed to re-use a previously signed off mold. So that may be the case with this
so this is a reason why they are recycling Henry's BvS sculpt over and over?

Last edited:
I do see some suit improvements. The biggest one being the “belt” placement. On the old figure the prototype had an accurate belt that was waist high but the production piece was too low. This seems to have corrected that issue but we will have to wait and see the final product.
97094AED-7E19-4DFC-97AE-DADC06DC3761.jpeg

It looks like the body may be slightly improved but it’s hard to tell if that’s photo magic or an actual improvement. Also could be lighting but the color may be different as well.

The fact that this one comes with a sculpt and the original release didn’t is a step in the right direction but still seems to be a barebones release.

Hard to tell with the headsculpt. I tend to agree with those who say it’s not new but has “improved” bits. I’m still getting it since I regretted selling mine years ago.

I do see some suit improvements. The biggest one being the “belt” placement. On the old figure the prototype had an accurate belt that was waist high but the production piece was too low. This seems to have corrected that issue but we will have to wait and see the final product. View attachment 588258
It looks like the body may be slightly improved but it’s hard to tell if that’s photo magic or an actual improvement. Also could be lighting but the color may be different as well.

The fact that this one comes with a sculpt and the original release didn’t is a step in the right direction but still seems to be a barebones release.

Hard to tell with the headsculpt. I tend to agree with those who say it’s not new but has “improved” bits. I’m still getting it since I regretted selling mine years ago.
I remember the original was my one and only Spidey. But I ended up selling it when Iron Spider and MCU came along. At least this version shouldn't have the glue staining on the head.

But tempted due to nostalgia a bit as well.

I am betting by the time this actually releases we'll find out if HT is double dipping and we're also getting a NWH version so I'm in no rush to preorder.

I am hoping for NWH accurate headsculpts and bodies for Tobey and Andrew

If an actor doesn't sign off on their likeness for a new product, a company is normally allowed to re-use a previously signed off mold. So that may be the case with this.

I am betting by the time this actually releases we'll find out if HT is double dipping and we're also getting a NWH version so I'm in no rush to preorder.

I am hoping for NWH accurate headsculpts and bodies for Tobey and Andrew
That's a wishful thinking. They won't release NWH version. They labeled this as Amazing Spider-Man 2 for a reason. Licensing.

View attachment 588218

Is it really that hard to get the colour, texture, fabric and proportions right?

Hot Toys has over 10+ years of experience…

Looks like a reused body…
Now I'm noticing how off the masked head is compared to that. Head is too narrow and eyes not nearly bright enough.

Although I guess with that sculpt I may not be displaying him much with the mask anyway.

I never got the original so will almost certainly pick this up.

If they do the same with Tobey I've no issue displaying all three Spidey's in their prime together. Can understand why many want screen accurate NWH display though.

Won't be pre-ordering. TBA will have free shipping and the best price for the UK when it releases.

Back