Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually remember hearing from a retailer that some 1/12 brands were having issues with the likeness rights of Andrew or Tobey or possibly both, I guess this finally confirms it, sucks that it had to go down this way but at least we got an Andrew sculpt with improved paint, worried for Tobey tho.

Just because Garfield's excited to play Spidey again doesn't mean he can't still be picky about licensing and likeness rights. Or maybe he just doesn't want to take the spotlight from Holland too much.

I'm just happy we are getting him and Tobey to begin with. All we need is classic/final suit for Tom's spider-man and the three will be complete. Lol

The proportions still look a bit wonky, but I'm in for this. I sold my ASM2 figure years ago and would love to have it back in the collection (with an unmasked head to boot). Now we just need a Gwen, and my Spidey/ASM shelf will be complete.

On display at Summer Showcase with the whole crew.

BcLT3XI.jpg

Sideshow delaying listing preorders really is a buzz kill. Takes away from the excitement for these.

As we said before it's probably a licensing thing,however I have no idea why Andrew declined using likeness. So they packed it as Amazing Spider Man 2 while he's wearing the costume from Amazing Spider man 2/No Way Home and comes with No Way Home diorama with Amazing Spider Man 1 villain, that's our NO WAY HOME version y'all. It took longer probably bc they tried to get license for the new sculpt and it didn't work in the end. Which is totally fine, looks good to me.
I was thinking the same, why would you not release likeness rights ? But I guess it all comes down to money.

Most probably they didn't offer him enough, so he said no.

I can't wait to preorder the new figure to go with my Gwen. Wish we would have gotten her by Hot Toys. But glad to be adding The Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure after all of these years. Main reason I passed on him originally was due to the lack of an unmasked head version.

1657812591658.png

Back