Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the Lizard base looks nice, i'd rather just buy the third party Lizard that isn't just a torso...

Attachments

• 7aj2um6ol7w81.jpg
    7aj2um6ol7w81.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0
Wonder when preorder will go live? I noticed Obi-Wan they forcing you to pre register for early access preorders.

Definitely a bummer we're not going to get a NWH version. Because as great as he was in ASM2, his appearance in the new movie was just so much more memorable and had such a huge emotional impact. And it would have been nice to have that older and more world weary version of the character represented in the collection.

Definitely a bummer we're not going to get a NWH version. Because as great as he was in ASM2, his appearance in the new movie was just so much more memorable and had such a huge emotional impact. And it would have been nice to have that older and more world weary version of the character represented in the collection.
Never say never with HT..we can still get one with a lab coat Peter option :chase

This is essentially them just doing the No Way Home version. I don't see anything being different besides the base saying No Way Home.

It's foolish to think they would got his suit shimmer right if they changed the title from ASM2 to NWH. They even tried repainting that 9 year old sculpt to look as if he's older. You can even tell by the way they wrote the description of the figure, this is meant to be the NWH version but they just labeled it under ASM2.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Reprised his version of Spider-Man in the latest Spider-Man movie, Andrew Garfield’s surprise appearance has not only provided audience a big thrill but also driven incredible fan reactions in the epic Spider-Mans meet up during screenings!

Today, Hot Toys is bringing fans the hotly-anticipated 1/6th scale figure of The Amazing Spider-Man based on The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Skillfully crafted based on Spider-Man/ Peter Parker’s screen appearance portrayed by Andrew Garfield in the movie, the figure features a Peter Parker head sculpt with stunning likeness, a masked head sculpt; a beautiful recreation of Spider-Man’s red and blue Classic Suit with black web impressions; highly-poseable body for his extreme acrobatic ability; accessories including spider-man mask, and assorted spider-web shooting effect parts.

The Amazing Spider-Man figure is a must have among your wall-crawler display!

Last edited:
I can't say the figure doesn't look good because it does, but it's impossible to not compare it with the original TASM 2 figure which is like nearing a decade old at this point and it looks only marginally improved.

With the price range being supposedly around $300 you'd expect the suit material and body they used to be greatly improved if not perfect. Not to mention the head sculpt, while great, is just the same sculpt with better paint app. Hot toys is just a lazy company.

Also, zero accessories? I know he didn't really use or have anything extra of note in NWH but still, in this situation it should have come with the lizard base included.

Wait a minute ..why is Lizard display with this if it is not a NWH version..ASM 2 costume was Electro :eek:

This is essentially them just doing the No Way Home version. I don't see anything being different besides the base saying No Way Home.

It's foolish to think they would got his suit shimmer right if they changed the title from ASM2 to NWH. They even tried repainting that 9 year old sculpt to look as if he's older. You can even tell by the way they wrote the description of the figure, this is meant to be the NWH version but they just labeled it under ASM2.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Reprised his version of Spider-Man in the latest Spider-Man movie, Andrew Garfield’s surprise appearance has not only provided audience a big thrill but also driven incredible fan reactions in the epic Spider-Mans meet up during screenings!

Today, Hot Toys is bringing fans the hotly-anticipated 1/6th scale figure of The Amazing Spider-Man based on The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Skillfully crafted based on Spider-Man/ Peter Parker’s screen appearance portrayed by Andrew Garfield in the movie, the figure features a Peter Parker head sculpt with stunning likeness, a masked head sculpt; a beautiful recreation of Spider-Man’s red and blue Classic Suit with black web impressions; highly-poseable body for his extreme acrobatic ability; accessories including spider-man mask, and assorted spider-web shooting effect parts.

The Amazing Spider-Man figure is a must have among your wall-crawler display!
Yeah I'm sure HT is hoping it can stand in for a NWH version as well, but he did look distinctly older in that movie and had some major 5 o'clock shadow going on, so it doesn't represent him well enough for my taste.

image_1.jpeg

Even HT is not this stupid :lol
As we said before it's probably a licensing thing,however I have no idea why Andrew declined using likeness. So they packed it as Amazing Spider Man 2 while he's wearing the costume from Amazing Spider man 2/No Way Home and comes with No Way Home diorama with Amazing Spider Man 1 villain, that's our NO WAY HOME version y'all. It took longer probably bc they tried to get license for the new sculpt and it didn't work in the end. Which is totally fine, looks good to me.

Wait a minute ..why is Lizard display with this if it is not a NWH version..ASM 2 costume was Electro :eek:
It's not, it's sold seperately and titled "Lizard" as part of the No Way Home lineup, they paired this with that base because they obviously wanted it to be that way but couldn't be cause of lciensing issues with Andrew.

Back