Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A780AB38-B1CB-4A93-B623-2ECE303215A7.jpeg

Is it really that hard to get the colour, texture, fabric and proportions right?

Hot Toys has over 10+ years of experience…

Looks like a reused body…

I don't think this is a straight re-issue. As others have mentioned, the hands and body definitely look better in these pictures, and I think the paint apps look incredible here. Everything else looks pretty similar, but it does feel like they made some improvements here.

I feel like there may be some credence to the idea of trouble with Garfield's likeness here. There's no way it should have taken Hot Toys seven months to get this out. This could have been put up as soon as the spoiler period ended if this was all they planned on doing. Can't imagine it was a Sony issue as they've done other Sony figures.

Maybe they're still going to put out a No Way Home branded Andrew suit, without a head sculpt. If that happens, then we'll know it's a Garfield thing.

I don't think this is a straight re-issue. As others have mentioned, the hands and body definitely look better in these pictures, and I think the paint apps look incredible here. Everything else looks pretty similar, but it does feel like they made some improvements here.

I feel like there may be some credence to the idea of trouble with Garfield's likeness here. There's no way it should have taken Hot Toys seven months to get this out. This could have been put up as soon as the spoiler period ended if this was all they planned on doing. Can't imagine it was a Sony issue as they've done other Sony figures.

Maybe they're still going to put out a No Way Home branded Andrew suit, without a head sculpt. If that happens, then we'll know it's a Garfield thing.
I think this is all we're getting.

I think this is all we're getting.
You're probably right, and I kind of feel that way too. Just feels odd it took over half a year to get this. I just wouldn't put it past Hot Toys to put a sculptless Garfield from NWH out and tell us to just put the Andrew head on the NWH figure.

Was there news that it's Garfield's approval of his likeness holding the release back? I mean, you don't even see Maguire at this point. They could have gone with him first Garfield was delaying things.

View attachment 588218

Is it really that hard to get the colour, texture, fabric and proportions right?

Hot Toys has over 10+ years of experience…

Looks like a reused body…

This.

FairPlay to anyone that legitimately likes this but I can’t help but feel a lot of it is because of the hype and anticipation and it’s FINALLY here. Sure HT could have drawn a cartoon of AG on a sausage with cocktail sticks for arms and people would still be going nuts for it.

Last edited:
So judging by the wording, the Lizard base will be an entirely separate purchase item and not part of a “deluxe” set.

Also, in the social posts that HT made, looks like this will come with a separate mask accessory, though odd that it’s not pictured.

Surpising to see it using the TASM2 license and old sculpt, it's not a straight up reissue but not really new is it? The paint aps will obviously be better so that's something, still can't help but feel a bit disappointed, especially with the suit material, curious to see if they reuse the SM3 license for Tobey now.

The lizard base looks amazing tho.

Last edited:
So judging by the wording, the Lizard base will be an entirely separate purchase item and not part of a “deluxe” set.

Also, in the social posts that HT made, looks like this will come with a separate mask accessory, though odd that it’s not pictured.

Yes it’s a completely separate item.

I really don't know if this is a reissue or a 2.0. I have the original for comparisons and I really cant see any difference in sculpt, proportions and fabric...

Hot Toys can't be that lazy...right?

It looks like the weird scrawny ass body type that I despise...
Head sculpt is okay but yeah, the body is too thin. He gained a little bit and you can see it in the film.

The real crime here - Lizard...is in a base only. So, this is the only way we get a Lizard. 3rd party, here I come.

Surpising to see it using the TASM2 license and old sculpt, it's nto a straight up reissue but not really new is it? The paint aps will obviously be better so that's something, still can't help but feel a bit disappointed, especially with the suit material, curious to see if they reuse the SM3 license for Tobey now.

The lizard base looks amazing tho.
But it has new hands! So innovative!

I was hoping for a white lab coat as an extra so you could do the cure developing scene. Maybe some bread that MJ threw at him? Despite that disappointment, I missed out on the first AG HTs, so this is a must.

Would've been sweeter if they include either a half masked head sculpt or at least a (non wearable) Spider-Man mask accessories like all the other Holland figures have.

So there IS a mask accessory, must've missed the fine print. My bad.

Back