Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suit inaccuracies aside, the upper body that’s just as narrow as the waste really bothers me. Makes it look like a cheap lazy toy.
My hope is that they've just rushed these out as prototypes (even though they've had since December) to get the product to market, and they'll make updates on the final version like they did with Cap EG. We can hope, right?

I'm so happy to see this new Andrew spidey!!! He is my second favorite version next to tobey I'll only get Toms version when I own both this and Tobey.

Perhaps it’s a licensing thing. My guess is the original plan was to sell this as a NWH deluxe including the Lizard base. For whatever reason they broke out Spidey as AS2 and are selling the base on its own. I think this is the first time Hot Toys is marketing a base as a upcoming item. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

0EBCC41B-E1E6-40EF-AA81-3BCE80310D05.jpeg
603B3620-5E3B-445F-B129-21CED8451CED.jpeg
D34479FD-00FC-4AE5-9A0F-A287B99BFCD3.jpeg
FF5D7694-1227-40C2-883A-F189E95E5186.jpeg
19EE936E-45EB-4180-ADAE-F20B285EA224.jpeg
36FD6AC1-A460-4BBE-94F6-6BF42FC1EC62.jpeg

Just saw the pics. Interesting they are releasing this under The Amazing Spider-Man 2 banner instead of No Way Home. The Lizard base is NWH though.
So can we just buy the base separately?
I'm waiting for in-hand pics for this only because I have the original asm2 figure.

Damn this looks awesome. The suit still isn't the proper metallic red of the movie of course, but oh well. Figure still looks great anyway.
Because it’s a lazy reissue under the TASM2 name instead of a NWH figure.

Yet they are branding the Lizard base under NWH.

This company makes no sense.

Iron Studios released their NWH trio of Spider-mens a couple months ago. During their reveal stream, they mentioned that one of the actors (did not name) withheld his likeness rights. So all the statues will be the masked versions.

If it was Garfield holding up IS and tried to hold up Hot Toys as well, they may have done the reissue as a big FU work around to getting cock blocked on the rights.

Iron Studios released their NWH trio of Spider-mens a couple months ago. During their reveal stream, they mentioned that one of the actors (did not name) withheld his likeness rights. So all the statues will be the masked versions.

If it was Garfield holding up IS and tried to hold up Hot Toys as well, they may have done the reissue as a big FU work around to getting cock blocked on the rights.
Explains why they’re reusing a sculpt from MMS 179

Almost 600+ MMS figure releases later and hey we get it again! What a bargain.

Would've been sweeter if they include either a half masked head sculpt or at least a (non wearable) Spider-Man mask accessories like all the other Holland figures have.

Back