Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Artisan Edition - Avengers Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone. Will pray we all have luck on sideshow then whenever it goes up.

This is one figure I think they should skip the sculpted version and allocate their time to the Artisan edition. That sculpted hair doesn’t look good and is unworkable if you want to pose her in anything but facing forward.

A lot of people complaining about the hair must have totally skipped waching Endgame lol.
It's just not that light my man. The figure looks like a cheap halloween wig.

1695399955617.png

seems like Hot Toys cant get rid of those thick ass curls, WW has the same look and its not very good.

This is one figure I think they should skip the sculpted version and allocate their time to the Artisan edition. That sculpted hair doesn’t look good and is unworkable if you want to pose her in anything but facing forward.
Hell no. Rooted hair is disgusting and choices are better for everyone.

There’s definitely a “prop” vs screen accuracy thing going on with the hair; practically every shot in the film is so dramatically lit that it’s impossible to tell the exact lightness.
But more than that, the solid colour they’re using for the rooted figure has none of the depth or layering from however they did Olsen’s hair for the movie. Looks awful compared to Anakin’s imo, but maybe the curliness of his lends itself a great deal to how much perceived depth and colour variety there is on such a small scale
View attachment 664154
I think that's exactly right, it's all one tone (like a cheap wig) instead of having depth. The sculpted hair actually works a touch better in that regard as it doesn't have that monotone look but as others mentioned articulation would be zero because they didn't include the Multiverse of Madness style optional blowing hair.

But even if the hair was right, she just looks way too bored to be Endgame Wanda, who's back for revenge against Thanos.

1695400682777.png

This is just another aspect of these figures that is driving me away from HT in favor of IA. I wanted IA's rooted Joker, Gandalf, Aragorn, and Harry - and was able to easily secure them all (thanks KIT). These HT Artisan figures look like they are going to be difficult to acquire and show heavy favoritism for overseas customers so many collectors in the West will have to jump through hoops of fire to get them.

They failed on the rooted hair again to me, too curly.

Between Wonder Woman, Joker, Anakin, and Wanda, Anakin is the only one that has actually look good to me, and most are still in prototype stages.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this line falls off in the next year or 2, they simply don't compare to InArt.

1695400912811.png

I think that's exactly right, it's all one tone (like a cheap wig) instead of having depth. The sculpted hair actually works a touch better in that regard as it doesn't have that monotone look but as others mentioned articulation would be zero because they didn't include the Multiverse of Madness style optional blowing hair.

But even if the hair was right, she just looks way too bored to be Endgame Wanda, who's back for revenge against Thanos.

View attachment 664175
Her bland and boring expression kills this more than anything else. Every single shot just has her looking like she's bored on the job waiting for it to be over.

You're depicting the scene where she's blood thirsty for Thanos and Hot Toys goes for this emotionless bored expression.

aNnNDak.png

KmCTWO4.png

LjRM01L.png

VRHr5yM.png

Is Toyswonderland legit? Are they trustworthy to use for this figure and do payment plans with?
No, don’t use them. Plenty of personal experiences here on the board can testify to their unreliable and fraudulent business practices. Mine included. Do a quick Google search on them and you can find out more.

The figure itself looks very well done, I like the neutral expression to use for other poses.

My main issue with this Artisan line, aside from the lack of availability as it's "rare", is the lack of a second headscuplt. For what they charge and give, vs Inart which gives the second. I suppose to me as a collector I'd want that and accessories.

Back