Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a waitlist conversion for Vader this morning. This is just after having the War Machine Mark I convert last night. But I already bought that at an inflated price, so good luck to someone else.

Just curious, has anyone ever received a returned or opened item from SS WL?

I can't decide. I have this one at my local shop waiting, but I also have the ANH version. Worth it to have both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't decide. I have this one at my local shop waiting, but I also have the ANH version. Worth it to have both?

I have both and each are great figures. Honestly there's a lot of good parts in both figures.

If you are a fan of the changes in the costume for each, then yes. If you just want one version and are not that much of a vader completist, I say get R1 version

Damn! I hate that I missed out on his guy. Every time I see one up for sale here, he ends up being sold. Anyone have any tips on locating one besides eBay? Not really looking to pay those crazy prices.

So, went out and got Silver Origami paper by a company named Yasutomo.....and it really makes the lenses pop

Both Vaders have the same Silver paper inside

View attachment 319679

What exactly did you do to place them in there? The video I saw used sticky foil but I assume your paper wasnt sticky.
And did you take them apart to do so or is it possible to just shove it up the neck? I forgot what it looks like on the inside.

What exactly did you do to place them in there? The video I saw used sticky foil but I assume your paper wasnt sticky.
And did you take them apart to do so or is it possible to just shove it up the neck? I forgot what it looks like on the inside.

So yeah, that sticky foil is good, but not quite as shiny as the specific origami paper I use. The lense show better with the foil, but less than the shiny paper I've used. And yes, gotta take the heads apart to get to the eyes properly. I use tape to hold the paper in, then place a little something in front, like tissue paper. Its not going anywhere. It's an easy mod, unlike the nose mod that I have absolutely failed doing twice now.......

DSCN1053.JPG

Foil on the left; Paper on the rt. In the pic, they both look shiny, just like the results with the paper myself

Last edited:
You are brave! I wouldn't touch anything not meant to come apart for fear of damaging it.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Is there any easy way of making the lens' redder on the ANH version without removing the dome?

Would like a red sharpie or something do the trick?

Is there any easy way of making the lens' redder on the ANH version without removing the dome?

Would like a red sharpie or something do the trick?

I would not think a sharpie would work, no. I personally wouldn't want to paint the outside of the lenses but I guess that would be the only other way to go, but I'd use a red based acrylic type deal

Back