Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... but what I've always really wanted was the Tank Trooper.

HT hates to see high priced figures on the 2nd market. Maybe they will offer a reg Shoretrooper at some point.

Im really hoping they go back and do more RO stuff. I was really wanting to grab a Tank Commander and a couple more Shore troopers. The parts are pretty much the same for all of them with little variations between them. Seems like the RO stuff sold up really quick, unlike some of the, other troopers that have been hanging around for a couple years now.

I have warmed up to these guys somewhat but still not enough to want them. Why couldn't scouts and stormies patrol the beach? It's just weird to me with the whole OT timeline and non presence in the OT about 15 minutes after RO ends. At least with the death troopers their disappearance can be explained by Krennic's demise.

All that said I have warmed up to the design of these guys, it does fit in with the era just fine. And the freaks pictures taken of these guys in the muck are some of my favorites on the board:)

Yeah, it would have helped the continuity within the OT too. The ST, say what you will about the designs, makes sense to have the different designs given the time difference.

These are cool though. They’re just the last remnants of an old armor design though, gone with the fall of Scarif — that’s how you have to think of it. All this talk of Rogue One is making me want to watch the movie.

So Zing here in Australia had 2 of these "available in store only" with the two stores having one each being about 1,000km north and 1,000km south from me. The helpful staff at my local store managed to get one of them transferred to their store (one store refused outright) and I picked him up today for retail. I never saw this figure in hand but I'm so glad I managed to get one without breaking the bank. Of course now the Patrol Trooper is a must :p

O2pO8I4.jpg

FbRcR5k.jpg

Congrats, momaw! Never understood their reluctance to source stock from other stores. Not good customer service.
Anyway, he looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats, momaw! Never understood their reluctance to source stock from other stores. Not good customer service.
Anyway, he looks great.

Yeah I've played exactly this game before too. I also had issues with them not wanting to ship to another store. I told them I really want to buy this figure but you don't want to sell it to me !! Very backwards shop.

Thanks all. And those are iphone pics too :horror

It's a weird thing with EB/Zing where they won't transfer between stores not in the immediate area. They can do it, there is a whole process where head office sends out consignment notes and arranges the pick up, but some managers/regional manager just refuse. If I was a manager with an expensive item like a Hot Toy sitting around collecting dust more than a year after release, I'd want it gone.

For anyone who is able, the other one is in the Lismore store. But like I said they refuse to transfer so you'd need to get there. Big thanks to the Launceston store who was willing to transfer.

Thanks all. And those are iphone pics too :horror

It's a weird thing with EB/Zing where they won't transfer between stores not in the immediate area. They can do it, there is a whole process where head office sends out consignment notes and arranges the pick up, but some managers/regional manager just refuse. If I was a manager with an expensive item like a Hot Toy sitting around collecting dust more than a year after release, I'd want it gone.

For anyone who is able, the other one is in the Lismore store. But like I said they refuse to transfer so you'd need to get there. Big thanks to the Launceston store who was willing to transfer.

I think it's more cause the store sending it needs to pay and organise it. So they don't want that hassle/expense. Their whole process is BS.

Anyway, main thing you got one !

Here's a couple new shots of this trooper-

SHORETROOPER-007.jpg

SHORETROOPER-008.jpg

Still keeping my fingers crossed that with a bit of a break on SW movies might tempt HT to go back and re-visit Rogue One for more troopers!

I think they will get to a lot of these troopers and characters we’ve seen already. Episode 9 is a long way away and I would bet there will be few if any sequel figures up for preorder. The tfa are still sitting around. I bet it will be ot/pt heavy for the next year. I will definitely buy another shore trooper. They should do a shore trooper/cassian two pack and a Krennic/death trooper 2 pack.

I think they will get to a lot of these troopers and characters we’ve seen already. Episode 9 is a long way away and I would bet there will be few if any sequel figures up for preorder. The tfa are still sitting around. I bet it will be ot/pt heavy for the next year. I will definitely buy another shore trooper. They should do a shore trooper/cassian two pack and a Krennic/death trooper 2 pack.

I thought I was optimistic ! :lol I think the PT has a lot of legs yet, but let's see.

It kills me every time I check out SWNN's page and that countdown timer. 530 odd days until Ep9. Damn that's like the old days......if they want everyone to forget about TLJ they're going about it the right way !

Back