Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted on FB. Real nice custom by VIVA

379138_317942201573955_100000745332095_1027938_435110256_n.jpg

Looks like every previously released figure will be re-released by HT soon. They are definitely learning from Hasbro. ;)
Nah, if they were following Hasbro's business model they'd release new figures the first half of the year and atrocious repaints of the exact same figures for the second half of the year ;)

Nah, if they were following Hasbro's business model they'd release new figures the first half of the year and atrocious repaints of the exact same figures for the second half of the year ;)

With poorer quality plastics that are already discoloured and warped in the shop.

With poorer quality plastics that are already discoloured and warped in the shop.
lol, yes. And "repaints" is actually a misnomer on my part, as Hasbro doesn't paint anything anymore; they just pour a different color of poor quality plastic into the mould.

Oh wow what an amazing sculpt. :thud: :clap

:lol

The reason it looked like hell was because, at the time, Peter Weller was focusing on his career as an art historian and had basically disowned Rocobop. He would not license his likeness. After the online community rallied to have a bronze statue put up in Detroit of Robo, he's come back around and has embraced the character. My guess is that we will see a very nice Weller head sculpt, though I can't imagine it will have a removable helmet. Probably two different heads.

CAIN'T WAIT! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2
:lol That's a good one!
----------
I wonder how HT will manage the legs articulation on Cain. This is a tough call actually. We've got robot with one heavy upper body here.

:lol That's a good one!
----------
I wonder how HT will manage the legs articulation on Cain. This is a tough call actually. We've got robot with one heavy upper body here.

hmm maybe the stand will have to take the extra weight

Yeah, the stand will save the day of course.
But it would be nice to have some stand-by-his-own option too.

If I recall Cain's feet are pretty big. They should be able to keep him steady in figure form, but then you have to worry about the knee joints not getting weak after a few years. This stuff isn't diecast though so it really shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back