Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing News!!

I am one of those sick individuals that prefer Robo 2 to Robo 1, so Robocain is just icing on the cake~!

It will be cool to expose HT Cain next to my original puppet:
robocopcollection005.jpg

Robocop 2 was a pretty crappy movie but it has an incredible amount of high school geek nostalgia for me. I loved how badass Cain was in the movie and have had a soft spot for its design ever since. This will be very tempting.

Its funny but as dated as it is the final battle between Robocop and Cain was much more satisfying in 1990 than Iron Man vs. Iron Monger was in 2008.

Yeah, Robocop 2 was never a favorite of mine either. Disappointed by the movie, but I always dug Cain's design. For me it was kind of like Ridley Scott's Legend. Didn't like the movie at all, but that Darkness design kicks ALL available ass!

It will be cool to expose HT Cain next to my original puppet:
robocopcollection005.jpg

What a shame the Ed 209 cockpit cracks like that after time. Nice grouping nontheless. It would be nice for a re-release of it for sure.

I'm really excited for this announcement. Aside from the lack of likeness, I thought the Hot Toys Robocop figure looked perfect, but it just went for way too much on the aftermarket. This is the perfect opportunity for me to snag a figure of one of my all time favorite movies.

Well I guess this is technically Robocop 2: one of the biggest disappointments I have ever had. Part of me died when I watched it. Everything about it was terrible. Someone earlier mentioned it was a "fun" movie. Nope. Maybe if you've never seen the first one. The characters were bad, the acting was laughable (at times when it wasn't supposed to be), the antagonists were awful, the story was stupid and contrasted with the resolution of the first one, and it just didn't feel AT ALL like Robocop 1. Throughout viewing it, I kept thinking "is this even Robocop? It looks like him, but it doesn't even sound like him. He doesn't even walk like him. Who is this guy? What is this movie?" And the stuff with the kid made me facepalm all the way through. Also, the movie doesn't even have a good resolution despite being two hours long. It lacked direction and the bad guy gets away.

As for Robocain, I might just get him. I may have hated everything about the sequel, but from a collector's standpoint it is basically a cool giant robot. Aside from the stupid CG head face thing Robocain was pretty epic. The last fifteen minutes or so of the movie with the fight between him and Robocop was cool. I commend them for trying to give Robocop a powerful foe and it was a nice contrast from the joke robots of the first movie. Plus, he'll look great alongside Robocop to make for some cool displays.

I hope Robocop comes with the needed parts for a clean look and battle damage. I don't care at all how they do his upper half of his face. I'll never display him like that (seriously it looks creepy in the movies I'm not sure why someone who want to display him like that) so it really doesn't matter to me, so long as they get the lips just right.

Oh and the "we're only human" line at the very end is completely awesome. I will give the movie that. It's not as memorable as the final words in the first one, but it's still great.

I commend them for trying to give Robocop a powerful foe and it was a nice contrast from the joke robots of the first movie.

Joke robots of the first movie? Wasn't ED-209 the only other robot in the first one? I didn't really consider him 'jokey'. The failed Robocop IIs in the OCP scenes of the second film on the other hand.....:slap

Joke robots of the first movie? Wasn't ED-209 the only other robot in the first one? I didn't really consider him 'jokey'. The failed Robocop IIs in the OCP scenes of the second film on the other hand.....:slap

Yeah I shouldn't use it as a plural. As for not considering him a joke, uhh what? His original appearance is one of the funniest scenes in the entire movie and it was supposed to be (when he blasts the guy with massive overkill) not to mention the scene with it falling on the stairs and such. Regardless, what I meant by joke was in reference to Robocop's strength. The cool thing about Robocain was how difficult he was to take down. It required a lot of effort not only by Robocop but the whole police task force. It made for a more an epic showdown.

Yeah I shouldn't use it as a plural. As for not considering him a joke, uhh what? His original appearance is one of the funniest scenes in the entire movie and it was supposed to be (when he blasts the guy with massive overkill) not to mention the scene with it falling on the stairs and such. Regardless, what I meant by joke was in reference to Robocop's strength. The cool thing about Robocain was how difficult he was to take down. It required a lot of effort not only by Robocop but the whole police task force. It made for a more an epic showdown.

I know the first film is supposed to be satirical and not entirely serious but theres nothing necessarily hysterically funny or implausible in a malfunctioning robot or the fact it 'overkilled' the guy - even if we were supposed to laugh. That they gave this demo-robot live ammunition seemed a bit silly alright along with any expectation by the people in the room that the guy could still be alive after that! :lol The temper tantrum after it fell down the stairs...I dunno, slightly funny, but then maybe a real robot designed like ED-209 would look equally funny trying to get back up after falling over. Anyway ED-209 in the first film had nothing on the stupid skull robot in 2 that shoots everyone in the room before turning the gun on itself. A ridiculously unlikely robot design...and again they give it a gun with live ammunition! Didn't they learn anything from the ED-209 incident. I guess this is me taking the first film too seriously or the filmmakers going too far with the absurdity in the second one.

Well the two robot demo things on TV were obviously supposed to be stupid and funny. Either way, I was specifically talking about the ED vs the Robocain.

I wonder who would win.... Cain or ED-209 ?

Everytime I watch RoboCop1, I always wish that the battle between Robo and ED-209 were a bit more epic, like the battle of Robo and Cain in the final battle in the second movie.

I wonder who would win.... Cain or ED-209 ?

Everytime I watch RoboCop1, I always wish that the battle between Robo and ED-209 were a bit more epic, like the battle of Robo and Cain in the final battle in the second movie.

Cain would probably win, but ED-209 is waaaaaaaaaaay cooler IMO!

Just thinking from a technical perspective. Robocop doesn't have to be a DX, but it can be developed more towards the features of the Ironman Mk VI.

They should include battle damaged interchangeable chest pieces, leg and arm pieces as well as the helmet.

As for Weller's face (assuming they have the rights to do it), they can easily make the whole face interchangable like how they've done with the Batman mouth portion. I'm thinking up to three expressions - straight face, angry face/puckered mouth, and injured/open mouth.

That'll be the ultimate Robocop figure.

Just thinking from a technical perspective. Robocop doesn't have to be a DX, but it can be developed more towards the features of the Ironman Mk VI.

They should include battle damaged interchangeable chest pieces, leg and arm pieces as well as the helmet.

As for Weller's face (assuming they have the rights to do it), they can easily make the whole face interchangable like how they've done with the Batman mouth portion. I'm thinking up to three expressions - straight face, angry face/puckered mouth, and injured/open mouth.

That'll be the ultimate Robocop figure.

I like your thinking :lecture :hi5:

Cain is super-mega-awesome-robot, but ED-209 is an icon. So much more charisma & charm in that extremely stupid & extremely dangerous piece of parodic technology.
In VS battle, Cain will destroy, probably, dozen of ED's. But ED is just such a Hollywood star! I'll buy the Cain figure, but I'll take ED's autograph, shake his hand & probably hug him :lol

Id like to see Cain and Iron Monger facing off on my shelf.These huge masterpieces are going to look fabulous together!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back