1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there will be several R2's. An ANH version with (hopefully) tons of accessories and better sound fx, an ESB version swampy weathered from Dagobah, and an ROTJ version with at least pop up Luke's lightsaber if not also Jabba's servant accessories and maybe even a 2nd destroyed version from the bunker scene. And of course an EP8 & 9 version..... Maybe even prequel versions if HT ever goes there. R2 with rocket boosters... Damn, that's lots of R2's to choose from!! He's too iconic a character to not cash in on and this is by far the most boring from what a minute or two of screen time?

Just like BB-8 who I wanted to pick up parted out several times, but kept rationalizing they'll be other versions and hopefully a stand alone rather than from a 2 pack.

If I have to choose between this and SSC, it's this. We still aren't there... but I cannot wait, what a couple more years? :slap

I'm getting it.

I would pay that much for a HT r2, because i need those Droids to round out my display. But would prefer a version from the original films. . .in full disclosure, I don't know what those differences are! No need for sound effect gimmicks, though. Save that for the Hasbro toys.

That's good news! Hopefully they're measuring to the top of the dome and not cheating by measuring to the top of the little rotating lens to snag a extra few mms.

EDIT: Crap. I just measured SS R2 and he's 180mm! :lol

Wow. SS must have been measuring him when he's tilted back on 3 legs or something.

Ouch on the price. Maybe he'll be around for a while to get some free shipping bump or double rewards?

The SS one was $150. This has some diecast, it has lights and sounds, and it's a Hot Toy, no surprise this would be more expensive.

Forget the price i expected that him and 3p0 would be about $500 together so this is right on the mark. But 2018!? Damn!!!

Anyone who thought this would be under $200 was doing some serious wishful thinking considering tiny Yoda was $200 and die cast figures in general are always more expensive. I still may pick it up though since I don't have the SSC version. 2018 is a long way off, especially considering how much stuff is getting delayed these days.

Speaking of wishful thinking, I was kinda hoping this would be out sooner and then they would announce an ESB Dagobah Luke and R2 set at some point this year. Ah well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's just a die-cast dome - nothing more is die-cast.

It's like the Soldier Story Ghostbusters backpacks - they tout it as "die cast" but only about 20% of the figure is actually die-cast.

The Tamashii 3PO is a "die-cast figure" (just a few plastic joint parts here and there, but 80-90% metal)- this HT R2 is just a figure with a die-cast part.

Does anyone remember the original price on the SSC version

It was $150, but was very easily gotten for close to $100 for a long time.

$220... for a barebone figure..
I will wait and see how this turns out.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Even if SS offered a $50 off down the road this would be $170. Still not quite my “sweet spot”. The most I would be willing to spend is $200 CAN which is around $150 US. So it doesn’t look like this will be in my collection.

Personally if Im going to spend $220 I would prefer a human likeness sculpt with fabric/layer clothing. I feel that these are the elements of the “WOW” factor

Back in the day I paid close to $200 for the Medicom R2 that did less than this & wasn't die cast, so I have no problem with paying for a quality product. Sometime between now & next year.

Back