1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think he'd be more than Yoda. I want it but am going to hold off since I have the Sideshow version. I do like that the dome is diecast and that it has sound features in addition to the lights.

Wow! If memory serves the very deluxe SSC version has $149.99 when it was released...cannot imagine where the price point on this one comes from...

Dammit. HT is smaller.

It's becoming 100% clear that a "tiny/cute" 1/6 R2 is a LFL/Disney mandate, just like a "giant/imposing" 1/6 Vader is.

We've just seen far too many underscale R2's and overscale Vaders now for these to be accidents of scale.:(

All I want is a figure that looks like they do onscreen, not a company's attempt to play with perception. R2 should be at least 1/2" taller and Vader should be at least 1/2" shorter than these figures.

People play right into Disney's hands when they say they love their too-tall Vader because he "looks imposing on the shelf." No, he just looks too tall in comparison to the figure standing next to him.:lecture

Why not unveil C3PO at the same time and offer a two pack? I find that odd not to give such an option. It seems common sense to at least unveil them as a pair with pre orders at the same time if they aren't doing a two pack.

Wow! If memory serves the very deluxe SSC version has $149.99 when it was released...cannot imagine where the price point on this one comes from...
I'm sure it's being justified because of the diecast and electronics. I do think R2 is overpriced though. As much as I say otherwise I'll probably cave eventually. :lol

I'm more interested in a diecast 3PO to be honest. Hopefully with an interchangeable right ankle/foot and left arm.

I got the SS version and I agree with the cheap feel of it but it is still a solid piece to display and has all the panels and attachments to display it a dozen ways. I never got the SS C3PO, mostly because it didn't look that good with the plastic finish.

I'm gonna hold off on this one to see if they come out with a two pack deal with R2 & C3PO. If C3PO is diecast then I'll be in for sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't HT's in the past first release a two pack figure set first, then release them as singles? Leads me to believe that this may not happen for R2 & C3PO. But see how far the release is for this I figure we have time to sit on this and see how it evolves.

I'm surprised. I don't think this figure looks accurate enough. The fine details are on the fat side and R2's 'face' is less accurate than Sideshow's version.
It's great they're doing quality materials though. This is a wait and see figure for me with fingers crossed Tamashii gets their R2 out soon.

Rouge One?:slap

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 11.23.49 AM.jpg

Wow. SS must have been measuring him when he's tilted back on 3 legs or something.

Actually this might be true. According their site...

R2 Deluxe: 171.45mm
R2 Unpainted: 184.15mm

Which makes no sense, because they're the exact same thing. But, if they're measuring HT R2 (179.83mm) tilted back, then that ought to make him bigger than SSC. I think.

Its gonna be gorgeous, i didnt have delusions about the price. So im in for this 100 percent.

Disney/Lucasfilm licensing definitely overrides screen accuracy for specific character details. I think those who gripe about certain 1/6 figure details don't understand this.

It's becoming 100% clear that a "tiny/cute" 1/6 R2 is a LFL/Disney mandate, just like a "giant/imposing" 1/6 Vader is.

We've just seen far too many underscale R2's and overscale Vaders now for these to be accidents of scale.:(

All I want is a figure that looks like they do onscreen, not a company's attempt to play with perception. R2 should be at least 1/2" taller and Vader should be at least 1/2" shorter than these figures.

People play right into Disney's hands when they say they love their too-tall Vader because he "looks imposing on the shelf." No, he just looks too tall in comparison to the figure standing next to him.:lecture

Or maybe you're just plain wrong.

Easy pass. Sideshow's looks great on display with his lights.

Now, if they come out with a die cast Threepio with a weathering job half that good, my money will likely disappear right quick.

Back