Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 - The Child (Standalone Figure)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Thrawnald McDonald
Reaction score
T5BXTB4.png

9vVCzul.png

XlaWa8l.png

bOvmXKe.png

Yl0nrAd.png

L659NqK.png

DEa0iWh.png

?Wherever I go, he goes.?

The new season of the widely anticipated Star Wars series The Mandalorian is now streaming on Disney+ with fans? beloved mysterious little green alien, who had been pursued by bounty hunters on behalf of Imperial interests, continuing his adventure in a dangerous galaxy with the Mandalorian!

In celebration of the launch of the new season, Sideshow and Hot Toys present The Child Quarter Scale Collectible Figure for all Star Wars fans!

Based on the appearance of the Child, who fans affectionately called ?baby Yoda?, the highly-accurate 1:4 scale figure stands at 9cm tall and features two interchangeable head sculpts with great likeness and 3 pairs of interchangeable ears, a specially tailored robe, a necklace, the little foundling?s favorite silver knob, and a hover pram!

This quarter scale collectible figure of the Child is surely going to be a delightful addition to your collection!

What's in the Box?

The Child Quarter Scale Figure features:

Authentic and detailed likeness of the Child in the live-action series The Mandalorian
Two (2) newly developed interchangeable head sculpts capturing The Child?s facial expressions (natural, and mouth-opened)
Highly-detailed facial expression, detailed wrinkles, and skin texture
Approximately 9cm tall
Newly developed body with specialize frame for a wide range of articulations
Three (3) pairs of interchangeable ears including:
One (1) pair of relaxed ears
One (1) pair of upward-pointing ears
One (1) pair of downward pointing ears
Three (3) pairs of interchangeable arm with hands including:
One (1) pair of relaxed hands
One (1) pair of knob holding hands
One (1) pair of gesture hands
Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:

One (1) beige-colored robe

Accessories:

One (1) hover pram with cover and brown colored blanket
One (1) Mythosaur emblem necklace with strap
One (1) silver-colored knob
Specially designed articulated figure base with movie logo and character name

Have to say the ear seams don't seem nearly as bad or distracting here as on their life-size figure. Although the ears themselves do seem a bit too big...

My girlfriend wants a "Baby Yoda" in the house, so this might be it, except for the plush she has.

I dont know about anyone else but this figure alone isnt worth the money for a 3.54 inch figure.

$175 is pricey for such a small collectible but it sure as hell beats $655 (for the pair) and since I still love my ROTJ PF Fett I might just spring for this little guy to go with him and call it a day. I don't know that I need two full size 1/4 Mandalorians (Fett and Din Djarin) so my existing Fett can just stand next to 1/4 Child and serve as both Fett himself and a reasonable enough approximation of both Mando *and* Cobb. Hmm, yes I'm really glad that they're offering The Child separately like this.

My girlfriend wants a "Baby Yoda" in the house, so this might be it, except for the plush she has.

I know it's not your focus, but I feel like if there needs to be a nice The Child in your house, the Hot Toys life-size figure for $400 is preferable to this tiny 1/4 for $200. Both on principal and in terms of what you get. 2x the money, but 4x the figure and then some.

Glorified Kinder Surprise without the chocolate for how much?!?! No thanks.

Have to say the ear seams don't seem nearly as bad or distracting here as on their life-size figure. Although the ears themselves do seem a bit too big...

I would have to assume that clearances/seams are tighter on prototypes. When the production ones come out, usually seams like these are a bit bigger. Either way, the price is too much so I'm out.

Yeah it seems like a pretty impressive set for the price... until you realize it's only 3 1/2 inches tall. Lol

If this was a 1/2 scale figure I'd probably be a lot more tempted, as that would make for a cool display piece all on it's own.

Why get this on its own when you could just get the life-size figure and get more bang for your buck?

I know it's not your focus, but I feel like if there needs to be a nice The Child in your house, the Hot Toys life-size figure for $400 is preferable to this tiny 1/4 for $200. Both on principal and in terms of what you get. 2x the money, but 4x the figure and then some.

It's up to my girl to get the baby Yoda she likes. It won't even be in my collection room. But for $200 (or more in EU) the 1:1 version looks like a better alternative, at least to me. We'll see what she says. At least I'm glad she likes something from Star Wars on her own.

Wait, $200?????? It's true, this really IS a test of the fanbase lol.

No way in hell I'd spend that kind of money on this one, especially considering that's American dollar. I was thinking this would be somewhat like the life size Dancing Groot they did a while back; a nice high end, small, cute collectible that would be relatively accessible to the common fan at least in terms of price.

I think the product itself is okay. I do like the set and how they're even giving him a little base, but I still think HTs attempts at the Child are ugly. Both those heads are not good. If it was reasonably priced, I still wouldn't think it's a slam dunk because of that. But with a $200 price tag??? Yeah, insta nope.

I can't understand the appeal of this character, I don't find it cute at all.

I went to Secret Base to take a look at this in person.

For the price.... seriously... they are really reaching for it. This thing is really small. Smaller then 1/6 Rocket or Yoda.

Yeah it comes with the baby crib and 2 head sculpts, but really pricy especially considering you can get the life size one for about double the price.
In terms of size its 10X bigger, this 1/4 is about the size of the life size's Hand. Thats how small it is.

I went to Secret Base to take a look at this in person.

For the price.... seriously... they are really reaching for it. This thing is really small. Smaller then 1/6 Rocket or Yoda.

Yeah it comes with the baby crib and 2 head sculpts, but really pricy especially considering you can get the life size one for about double the price.
In terms of size its 10X bigger, this 1/4 is about the size of the life size's Hand. Thats how small it is.

Its smaller than a regular 3.75inch figure. Ur needs to be either half the price or include 2 bodies and 2 heads like the 1/6 Beskar Mando Deluxe does.

Maybe Hot Toys knows something I don't and I just do not have my thumb on the pulse of collectors today but Baby Yoda or Baby Groot are so small in the first place it just seems so redundant to have them in 1/4 scale - on their own, not with a normal size companion figure or as part of a broader line - on their own - when you could just go ahead and buy a passable low-end lifesize toy for far cheaper.

Last edited:
Maybe Hot Toys knows something I don't and I just do not have my thumb on the pulse of collectors today but Baby Yoda or Baby Groot are so small in the first place it just seems so redundant to have them in 1/4 scale - on their own, not with a normal size companion figure or as part of a broader line - on their own - when you could just go ahead and buy a passable low-end lifesize toy for far cheaper.

I'm happy the 1/4 child is included with the 1/4 Mando. At $545 the 1/4 Mando and Child is a much better price. If you take $200 away for the child, Mando at $345 is a steal... HT is just throwing this standalone out there to catch a few folks that A) Want a Child and not a Mando; B) Don't pay attention to scale and size before purchasing; C) both A & B...

Back