Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KingCharMing

I have the same issue as your , for me it's the left shoulder that is loose , the arm even without the rifle can't stay straight , and i cannot see any screw to tighten tthe thing , i'm sure the srew is located inside the hydralic pump in the chest see the picture :
FJIMG_20210930_182454.jpg

The question is how to get access without disassembling the whole chest part ?

I purchased this used with the left arm forearm elbow joint loose (seller disclosed this at the time of the deal). When inserted it still stays in as long as the arm is not dangling down. Can someone provide any tips how I can restore it as close as possible to the original condition?

Endo_20211212_194820144_iOS.jpg

I purchased this used with the left arm forearm elbow joint loose (seller disclosed this at the time of the deal). When inserted it still stays in as long as the arm is not dangling down. Can someone provide any tips how I can restore it as close as possible to the original condition?

View attachment 550225
I’ve had the same thing happen to my 1/6 Genisys version so would love to know as well.

I’ve had the same thing happen to my 1/6 Genisys version so would love to know as well.
I ended up brushing on a little bit of craft glue to the tab on the elbow where the forearm keys in. Then inserted the forearm piece. Been 12 hours and so far it's holding up. I'm not sure if your 1/6 version is designed similarly but a dab of glue might do the trick.

I would love to find another rifle for my 1/4 Endo. Does anyone print them in the correct scale?

I’ve had my endo for more than 5 years now…
And 1 thing that has always bothered me, is the misaligned middle tooth on the lower jaw…

could anybody here that has modded their figure, tell me how hard would it be to pull the lower teeth, and insert them back in on a better position?

or maybe it’s easier to tho that to the upper jaw’s teeth?

would I have to disassemble the whole head?

A7F5175E-2885-4260-B2FB-D4910376FD7B.jpeg

Last edited:
They are just glued so it depends how hard (some drip of acetone could help) but you can remove without dismantling the the head.
For easier access warm the plastic rods on both side of the mouth and pull the jaw down.
That should be enough.
also if you Remove the head , be careful with neck rods they break.
You can also remove the jaw, just pull on both sides at the articulation.

They are just glued so it depends how hard (some drip of acetone could help) but you can remove without dismantling the the head.
For easier access warm the plastic rods on both side of the mouth and pull the jaw down.
That should be enough.
also if you Remove the head , be careful with neck rods they break.
You can also remove the jaw, just pull on both sides at the articulation.
Ton of words ahead!:
Man!!! I needed you 4 years ago when I sanded the teeth a bit!

that tip to separate the jaw! It was so easy! And could have made the sanding so much easier!
thank you so much!!!

the lower teeth came out super easy, with a little push.

the upper ones seem more glued on, so didn’t try it with them anymore.

after all these years of that misalignment causing me an eyesore, it’s finally gone!

didn't glue them back one, because I fear I might just end up glueing then in the exact same place as before… so I’m just keeping his “mouth” closed…

now… after aligning the front; what I have to live with, is a missing molar tooth haha…( sadly, to align the front, either the left or right side ended up with less tooth… i thought I could just center it all and look almost symmetrical, but nope… aligned in the front, but empty space on 1 of the 2 sides…)
But that bothers me less than the misaligned front did…
A9124437-9A11-44E5-BA7A-4531C7F891F9.jpeg
8B8BFEB8-59E0-4B34-9A40-FB49B7BFB593.jpeg
0096CB27-4BA9-45A7-BE61-3ECBE2C09960.jpeg

The funny thing is the HCG life-size bust has this exact tooth in the middle, and is supposed to be a good cast

View attachment 559428
Oh yeah… those made me doubt of I should work on the teeth or not…
Basically every 1/1 replica Sideshow made had the teeth like that…

but in the end, The image in my mind has always been the skull in flames from the T2 credits, and that one had the teeth aligned… so… I had to do the mod… 🙃

Well… my OCD wouldn’t let me live with the missing molars, so I made new ones with cold porcelain and painted them with water colors…
073D8A7F-22D8-4063-BD59-C7866F466893.jpeg

they actually were missing, an endoskeleton has a fake tooth line, not filled with teeth up to the end (because the teeth base was too short, leaving place for mechanics), but teeth themselves were wider.

NAXij56.png
bsrsliG.png

same in T2.

LStMqXz.png

only 6 teeth on each side of the lower jaw.

BUT if you unite the 6th (existing) and 7th (newly sculpted) teeth on what you did, making them one wide tooth, it will be a good representation of what was in the movie.

6lcLajV.png

and of course you were absolutely right to fill the gap. while there are only 6 instead of 8, teeth fill the whole place on the shortened tooth base in the movie.

Last edited:
they actually were missing, an endoskeleton has a fake tooth line, not filled with teeth up to the end (because the teeth base was too short, leaving place for mechanics), but teeth themselves were wider.

NAXij56.png
bsrsliG.png

same in T2.

LStMqXz.png

only 6 teeth on each side of the lower jaw.

BUT if you unite the 6th (existing) and 7th (newly sculpted) teeth on what you did, making them one wide tooth, it will be a good representation of what was in the movie.

6lcLajV.png

and of course you were absolutely right to fill the gap. while there are only 6 instead of 8, teeth fill the whole place on the shortened tooth base in the movie.
You’re right, I did notice the teeth being wider overall.
Actually, before deciding whether to make the new ones; I went looking through all the references/pics.
From literally all films….
even checked the TG and DF Endos from Legacy effects… also different busts and replicas

in the end, I chose to go with the less accurate number of teeth, because when looking at the figure, the gap was too big and distracting for me…

I’ll consider unifying the teeth as you suggested, but I’m afraid I’ll mess up in the process haha… I usually fail tremendously whenever I mod my figures… I am proud of how far I’ve come with this one without botching it. 😂

I’ll say this though; after 7 years of having this guy, having finally aligned the front teeth and being able to rather successfully fill the gap on the back… I can say I feel pretty satisfied with the figure… those front teeth REALLY annoyed the hell out of me…

F9117B57-BDCD-4501-AED2-D26FDAB13014.jpeg

Last edited:
This figure was my first ever hot toys purchase (I pre-ordered it). I had wanted a good quality endoskeleton ever since seeing the "2-up" of McFarlane's version in their toy fair showroom in NYC years and years ago. It is still the favorite figure in my collection. 3 or 4 years ago, I posed the figure on a pedestal without a crotch grabber, but his feet were wired to the base. I thought that would keep him from falling. It only ripped hjs feet off before he fell. So much stuff broke. I was not as comfortable customizing figures then as I am now. I was able to repair one of his arms at that time, which had become completely dislodged from the body. I built a handrail for the back of the display stand instead of a crotch grabber to keep him steady, and made do with that for years.

I have since moved, and when I was packing up the Endo, I was looking at him, and thought - that is not too damaged. I should have the skills to fix it now. I spent two days working on it and am proud to say he is as good as new. I inserted brass tubing instead of chrome for the broken pistons in his clavicle area. Looks kinda battle damaged now. I have a closer relationship than ever with this figure. So glad I have him

Despite its flaws the HT 1/4 Endo is an amazing figure. I remember back then painting the ugly lava base with gray and black and now looks like cracked land, much more realistic.

I’ve been working on a future war diorama for my endo for a while, I bought a 1/4 scale skull and moulded it and cast out a bunch, I painted them and covered them some grey sand. I wanted an infinity mirror in the back with red laser bars that fade of into the distance but the el wire wasn’t bright enough, I had to turn the ceiling lights off to really see it and the double mirror is distracting. I put fake flames in the mirror section also, I achieved this by using a humidifier and halogen lights, it tuned out pretty cool, I think it would look better in front of the figure.

I also wired the eyes up to a wall plug (3 volts ) so that I could turn them on from outside the display box.

This is a work in progress, doing a T2 factory end scene themed diorama with en Enterbay battle damaged Arnie as well.

Last edited:
Currently reworking the base into a true T1 one, since I pulled the trigger on the new P1 T2 statue.

Had some leftover sheet metal and soldering wire. Reworked that into scraps and bits, one big part being the side. Gonna get a wash and the endo probably too.
Little smoldered up and all.
First look and where I want it to be.

IMG_20231014_225613.jpgsddefault.jpg

Back