Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Prometheus

Man, you guys have some pretty high expectations for this thing :lol Things do look promising based on the creative team, cast, and mood they're going for. But Alien was a long time ago, and Scott's films, while pretty solid overall, have been a bit hit-or-miss in recent years. I'm more cautiously optimistic.

Man, you guys have some pretty high expectations for this thing :lol Things do look promising based on the creative team, cast, and mood they're going for. But Alien was a long time ago, and Scott's films, while pretty solid overall, have been a bit hit-or-miss in recent years. I'm more cautiously optimistic.

I enjoyed Body of Lies.

I am definitely excited for the film and the HT figures. But, from what Scott has said in some of the earlier interviews,there probably won't be the original Giger Alien in it, but possibly earlier forms of the Alien like the egg and facehugger. He had said:

"Scott: I don't want to repeat it. The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out"

So hopefully we willl get some neat creature designs (and figures of them) from the film that are as amazing as the original Alien is.

Spoiler Spoiler:

wow, that's too much Hype lol
I want to see this but like someone else said Alien was a long time ago,
this will be good, I hope is as amazing as everyone wants it to be, but, I am not holding my breath for this one, lately I have been disappointed by movies I thought were going to be awesome over and over,

about this line, I am super curious, this is going to drive me crazy, since we don't really know what we will see,
the suits the humans are wearing, I don't really like them, they look to slick, like the new Star trek movie, kind of

the suits the humans are wearing, I don't really like them, they look to slick, like the new Star trek movie, kind of
Yeah, one thing that was great about the original Alien was that it felt so much like the real world. They were just working class shlubs, and the technology and costumes, while futuristic, wasn't so over the top in the way that Star Trek is. Same went for Ridley's futuristic take in Blade Runner. It felt like that could really happen. These new suits, and the extremely good looking cast members here seem to be taking a different approach. Ripley wasn't traditionally good looking, and Dallas et al. didn't look like runway models in the way that Fassbender and this other guy do.

Will be in the theaters opening day to see this one.......because I am just that dorky.

Even today, our high-tech suit crap looks sleek/slick.

And you have to remember that the Nostromo crew were a bunch of space truckers who weren't supposed to have the absolute best, highest high-tech stuff.

And if you look in the leaked trailer video for Prometheus, you can see someone in one of the classic Alien suits, the shape only though..not the color.

I have no doubt that this movie will be incredble..I think Ridley knows how much this means to..everything.

This is the movie..this is the moment we have all been waiting for..30 years, all the secrets..the mysteries..they will be revealed.

Yeah, one thing that was great about the original Alien was that it felt so much like the real world. They were just working class shlubs, and the technology and costumes, while futuristic, wasn't so over the top in the way that Star Trek is. Same went for Ridley's futuristic take in Blade Runner. It felt like that could really happen. These new suits, and the extremely good looking cast members here seem to be taking a different approach. Ripley wasn't traditionally good looking, and Dallas et al. didn't look like runway models in the way that Fassbender and this other guy do.

I agree with all the above. That one pic looks very Star Trek: Enterprise with the suits and the physical appearances of the actors. But y'know, we'll see. Its got to to be someway decent if Ridley Scott's doing it - certainly gives more hope than the directors of either AvP film.

But, from what Scott has said in some of the earlier interviews,there probably won't be the original Giger Alien in it, but possibly earlier forms of the Alien like the egg and facehugger. He had said:

"Scott: I don't want to repeat it. The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out"

So hopefully we willl get some neat creature designs (and figures of them) from the film that are as amazing as the original Alien is.

:goodpost:

Yeah, I hope we get see some new Alien forms here and put Giger's Alien to rest. :monkey1

Regarding the human characters, I need to see the film first and how will they be portrayed there before deciding if I'll get them as well.

Last edited:

HT, let's do aliens right this time, please?
more alien toys is always welcome
Can't wait to see this movie and the new monsters that Scott and Giger will unleash upon us.

Hmmm
I tho that Scott was pretty clear with this by saying that there will be no Xenomorphs in "Prometeus".
Well it's just Ridley, he can be a ****** if he wants and I don't care really :dunno

There will be Xenos in it..why else would there have been people in Xenomorph suits on the set? Why was there an article saying that we will see Xenos birthed from Jockeys?

DER WILL B3 XENOS.

Interesting. But rather than "xenos", I would love to see an interpreatation of the new surrealistic GIGER sculptures [if he made any for this movie].

Similar to Li statue:

hrg-li-2.jpg

I'm also hoping this to be an excelent long waited movie, but I suggest you people don't create very high expectations because that's the first step towards feeling disapointed with a movie. You should be more like "cool, I'm looking forward to see it" instead of "this is the best thing ever" before it is even released. Even if a movie is excelent one always feels a bit disapointed with too much expectation! Let's all just hope it will be good and it will probably be excelent :) .

I think Ridley knows how much this means to..everything.

This is the movie..this is the moment we have all been waiting for..30 years, all the secrets..the mysteries..they will be revealed.

I don't think Ridley really cares like you do.

I don't think this movie will be at all what you're hoping it is.

This might be to Alien what 2010 is to 2001.

Back