Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Prometheus

Interesting. But rather than "xenos", I would love to see an interpreatation of the new surrealistic GIGER sculptures [if he made any for this movie].

Similar to Li statue:

hrg-li-2.jpg

That's frikkin' cool!

I had no clue what this was until clicking this thread. And now, it's my #2 most anticipated flick next summer

Here's a little something...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiXHrMnWxio[/ame]

It's very crappy quality footage and I'm not sure if the soundtrack is from the trailer or if it was added in, but the shots themselves seem legit. I'm guessing it's either this or a better-quality version that was being pulled off the web by Fox the past few days.
I'm getting some very surreal Giger-esque vibes from this, despite the shakiness and bluriness.

This was posted in the tv/movies section a few days ago, the Alien track was added just for this, I believe..not for the official.

Well this line is likely DOA.

Reports state that Xeno's will not appear in the film, meaning it's only the human characters viable for figures unless some kind of other Aliens are in it.

https://collider.com/ridley-scott-prometheus-details-xenomorph/133114/

HT won't give this much attention i reckon (1-2 figures) it's not a superhero film or Alien/Robot with options to do remakes and variants using the same molds afterall.

well there has to be some sort of cool monsters in it, even if Aliens aren't. If there wasn't, I don't think it would do so well.

That's unfortunate if there aren't any Xeno's. I'm sure it'll still be a great movie, but it having a chance at being a Alien prequel is what really sold me on my excitement for this movie.

I still think there will be Xenos in it, just not the original ones..Jockey-bursted Xenos.

Or who knows, maybe some other weird type of Xenomorph..

Plus, we know there will be Jockeys in the movie..
Would kill for some non-rubber HT figures of them.

The movie should be interesting to say the least, but in terms of HT and figures i don't see them doing much with the line, they're still backlogged on other licenses while announcing new ones, so by the time people expect the Prometheus to be shown they'll have announced a few more licenses and this'll fall off HT's radar... At least in terms of letting customers know what is happening with it.

Ill be happy with a Space Jockey with the seat cannon on a platform diorama.

Not sure I buy the no Xeno line. An Alien movie with no alien is not an Alien movie.

There will be Aliens for sure. Maybe not necessarily like the ones we remember (i.e, human-born), but there will be Xeno's. I think they'll be used more as a device rather than a central idea for the film, that's the key right there. Don't come in expecting an Alien movie, as this is merely leads into the franchise we all know and love.

They asked Scott if the original Alien is in the movie and he said absolutely not. That leaves an awful lot of possibilities open. :dunno

I heard it was based on the alien creature the crew of nostromo find on the derelict ship. You know, the giant pilot looking thing. I always thought that was one of the most intriguing things about the film. The giger stylings where just as pronounced on that ship as they where on the xeno itself. Maybe we get to see that alien race before the xeno burst out of it's chest?

alienp_news2.jpg

That thing. Maybe that isnt their plan anymore? Maybe it never was, but i'd love it if it was

Im hestitant about this movie... seems like Ridley is trying awfully hard to dissassociate it from the alien franchise. That doesnt seem very smart to me from a marketting perspective. And why the distaste for the Xeno?

Back