Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Prometheus

Awesome news!
Can't wait to see this movie and the new monsters that Scott and Giger will unleash upon us.

To be honest, however, my excitement at this announcement is somewhat tempered by HT's atrocious track record when it comes to accuracy related to my beloved aliens...

interesting, but we haven't even seen how much Alien will actually be in the movie yet :dunno

To be honest, however, my excitement at this announcement is somewhat tempered by HT's atrocious track record when it comes to accuracy related to my beloved aliens...
I'm resolved to the fact that HT won't do screen accurate Preds and aliens at this point. Give me durable, good looking, high quality figures that capture the spirit of those characters, and that will be good enough!

interesting, but we haven't even seen how much Alien will actually be in the movie yet :dunno
True, but if there is no Aliens, then there will be no buys. . .from me. Even a couple quick Alien shots should be enough to justify their producing the figures, though.

prometheus-3.jpg

Looks a little glam. Reminds me of "Sphere". Verdict still out.

I'm resolved to the fact that HT won't do screen accurate Preds and aliens at this point. Give me durable, good looking, high quality figures that capture the spirit of those characters, and that will be good enough!

True, but if there is no Aliens, then there will be no buys. . .from me. Even a couple quick Alien shots should be enough to justify their producing the figures, though.

I always assumed this movie wasn't going to focus on the Alien creature specifically, I wouldn't want a rubber Alien figure anyways, but the movie is intriguing cause we might see a new type of Alien creature.

I always assumed this movie wasn't going to focus on the Alien creature specifically, I wouldn't want a rubber Alien figure anyways, but the movie is intriguing cause we might see a new type of Alien creature.
I don't think it will be the focus, either, but I read there were guys in alien suits on set. . .as for rubber, that's my whole point. The existing rubber aliens suck. HT needs to do completely plastic aliens, and this is a chance for them to give us that.

What Predator or Alien figure or statue is 100% screen accurate!?!?!? I can't be the only one on the forum that loves what HT does with them. I hope they do step it up a notch and do a little more research with anything they make in the future, though.

Possibly not 100%, but certainly a lot more than the lazy 60% HT regularly delivers...
Both Medicom and NECA have made much better sculpts (and arguably figures) than HT. Hell, I'll even take Revoltech's sculpts over HT's any day.

What Predator or Alien figure or statue is 100% screen accurate!?!?!? I can't be the only one on the forum that loves what HT does with them. I hope they do step it up a notch and do a little more research with anything they make in the future, though.

nothing can ever be completely 100% screen accurate unless it came from the movie molds, but sometimes that process gets messed up as well. I would say most of the old SWS type statues that were done in the early years of SS are damn close to complete perfection, I guess that's why I love them so much.

Possibly not 100%, but certainly a lot more than the lazy 60% HT regularly delivers...
Both Medicom and NECA have made much better sculpts (and arguably figures) than HT. Hell, I'll even take Revoltech's sculpts over HT's any day.

HT has always known they don't need to be as accurate with Aliens and Predators as they are with human likeness; people will always still buy them, and that's what HT will continue to do unless they start making these in 1/4 scale to compete with more accurate sculpts of that size.

Well it all very subjective, really... I wouldn't rank HT that badly, I don't agree with you that NECA and Medicom do better jobs. The Sano statue is looking like it's going to be the best Alien statue I've ever seen, and the CM Predator can't be beat, IMO.

nothing can ever be completely 100% screen accurate unless it came from the movie molds, but sometimes that process gets messed up as well. I would say most of the old SWS type statues that were done in the early years of SS are damn close to complete perfection, I guess that's why I love them so much.

For sure! :goodpost:

Last edited:

Firstly, it's Fox. It's bound to be PG-13.

Secondly, Fassbender rules!:rock2

It's the only way they could get that huge budget. It's not like AvP which had no real reason to be PG-13. It was a cheap ass movie.

Fassbender totally looks like a live-action Albert Wesker

... ignoring there is already one.

Well it all a very subjective, really... I wouldn't rank HT that badly, I don't agree with you that neca and medicom do better jobs. The Sano statue is the best alien statue I've ever seen, and the CM predator can't be beat, IMO.

For sure! :goodpost:

the new Sano Aliens are defn more movie accurate then the CM, just a shame their so small for the price, but seeing as the CM is backed and signed by Giger himself, that makes up for a lot of that imo.

Back