Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Prometheus

I thought they said this ISN'T an Alien Prequel.

From what I recall, Ridley Scott and his team were working on it initially as an Alien Prequel, but then got wrapped up in so many ideas and directions they could go that they ultimately said that this movie will be a stand-alone and NOT based on the Alien Universe. They didn't want to be confined by the Alien Prequel premise and decided to just make Prometheus its own movie.

They said that there will be "pieces" that show it has some roots with the ALIEN universe and fans will see "touches" of it, but the movie is NOT an Alien Prequel nor is it tied to the Alien Universe (as far as I know).

Unless that has changed, that's the last I recall being said.

I hope Prometheus is one of those sci-fi films that we can add to greats like Alien and Predator. Great story, memorable characters and a great movie monster.

I thought they said this ISN'T an Alien Prequel.

From what I recall, Ridley Scott and his team were working on it initially as an Alien Prequel, but then got wrapped up in so many ideas and directions they could go that they ultimately said that this movie will be a stand-alone and NOT based on the Alien Universe. They didn't want to be confined by the Alien Prequel premise and decided to just make Prometheus its own movie.

They said that there will be "pieces" that show it has some roots with the ALIEN universe and fans will see "touches" of it, but the movie is NOT an Alien Prequel nor is it tied to the Alien Universe (as far as I know).

Unless that has changed, that's the last I recall being said.
Some potential spoilers here:

https://screenrant.com/prometheus-movie-images-sandy-140886/

(read Fassbender's quote)

and here:

https://screenrant.com/ridley-scott-prometheus-plot-alien-sandy-138986/

that suggest that might not totally be the case.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ridley has said there will be "DNA" from the Alien Universe, and it could very well be a prequel of sorts, but i highly doubt the aliens or creatures will be just like the Alien films, well have to wait and see at this point. Im more hype for the TDKR tease.

I hope Prometheus is one of those sci-fi films that we can add to greats like Alien and Predator. Great story, memorable characters and a great movie monster.
I believe it will be. But most people will bash it because it will mentally rape them.

I have never been more excited for a movie, and never will be.

But yeah, it's supposed to wrap up to the beginning of Alien and how the Jockey got there..it's explaining all the ____ about the Jockeys, Xenomorph suits were spotted on the set.... prequel.

Here's a new picture from the movie
FIRST-LOOK-PROMETHEUS_610.jpg

Their armor sort of reminds me of Predator armor.

This head makes me alittle upset, why a human head?Human head on an alien ship?????Stupid ,but i am going to love this movie

This head makes me alittle upset, why a human head?Human head on an alien ship?????Stupid ,but i am going to love this movie
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's try to keep potential major spoilers out of this thread, if you don't mind, unless you use spoiler tags. That stuff would better belong in the movie thread.

Surfer's comment about the Predator armor is interesting. Even the little camera (?) appears where the Pred. laser cannon would appear.

This is looking more Giger-esque with every image. It's hard not to have high hopes for this thing, but what reasons have they given us not to? Ridley's onboard, Giger's onboard, and the undeniable likelihood of Prometheus being an Alien prequel is overwhelming.

Dammit, I'm freaking PUMPED! :panic:

Well..that info was released this summer..I remember reading through it on AvPGalaxy several times...

As for the armor..just looks like armor, imo. I don't think there's any other place they could have put it..

Film of the year 2012...hopefully.

I haven't been this excited for a movie since Predators -- and I was getting goosebumps there. While I still loved it, Prometheus is like... a legit movie. Great direction, great design, and great casting (not that Adrien Brody and Walton Goggins weren't fantastic). I'm going opening weekend or even opening day for sure. :lecture

I haven't been this excited for a movie since Predators -- and I was getting goosebumps there. While I still loved it, Prometheus is like... a legit movie. Great direction, great design, and great casting (not that Adrien Brody and Walton Goggins weren't fantastic). I'm going opening weekend or even opening day for sure. :lecture

I know what you mean. The appeal of Predators was it had Predators in it were Prometheus has has everything going for it in every department.

Not to mention that Prometheus will be one of the most incredibly disturbing and powerful, if not the most movies..of all time.

Like nothing we have seen before..I feel that the world will explode after it's in theaters due to the high levels of awesomeness.

Back