Hot Toys Prince of Persia Prince Dastan figure specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa... People finally started posting here again. I agree, as a figure it's totally awesome, the details on the outfit is amazing; but then again, I am biased as I like the game, and it looks close enough to the game character. As a figure that's suppose to look like Jake.G in the movie? Not so awesome.

ORDERED!!!

Recently watched.
A beautiful oriental tale with blockbuster's elements and game's inserts.
Realy liked the image of Dastan & his character at whole - a young man who knew life and not afraid to go to the end. Definitely not as brutal as in the game prototype, but that's what I liked in him. Probably because I still love the more laconic characters who do not kill without reason as long as they have a choice or they keep hands to themselves.

BUT anyway figure will be customized to better match the gloomy Prince from games for underline his adulthood.

And definitely will make clothes to reproduce this image from the movie:

788877.jpg

Yeah, I like that costume arrangement most. Would have much preferred this ensemble to the prince's robes.

Got him few days ago (GOD I hate russian post).

Very pleased with this quality.
Perhaps the only major drawbacks:
1) long neck (or rather shallowly planted head);
2) eyes and left side of the face (they just off);
3) fastening of the belts (I understand that these buckles are really cool, but functionality it's like hell for 1/6 collectors).

Some quick shots:

P2230029.jpg

P2230030.jpg

P2230033.jpg

P2230032.jpg

And still cant find a good source which I can use like some basis to make his vest :gah:
137c047b.jpg

AMAZING pics!

as for the sleeveless duster coat, I'm using black leather for the main bit, and possibly velvet for the trim. going to sculpt the all the pendents.

though still have to actually buy this figure! darn 2011 just has too many good things coming out that this figure keeps getting pushed back

I was glad I got this, one of the reasons was because of the game but in hand he turned out better than expected, I love how much detail HT put in to there figures, his outfit is great.

This is an awesome shot, but I have to admit that the first thing I thought when I saw it was 'Wrong Jake G movie!' Come to think of it, if you happen to have one of the Dark Knight Joker figures to hand, that could be interesting... :monkey3

He's really a great figure. They have the actual costume on display outside of the Disney archives, and I have to say they're pretty close. I enjoyed the movie, but wish it was as good as the character design. Maybe then we would have seen more. Specifically...Seso and the Hassansins

Prince-of-Persia-Seso.jpg

pofp006.jpg

Got him few days ago (GOD I hate russian post).

Very pleased with this quality.
Perhaps the only major drawbacks:
1) long neck (or rather shallowly planted head);
2) eyes and left side of the face (they just off);
3) fastening of the belts (I understand that these buckles are really cool, but functionality it's like hell for 1/6 collectors).

Some quick shots:

P2230029.jpg

P2230030.jpg

P2230033.jpg

P2230032.jpg

And still cant find a good source which I can use like some basis to make his vest :gah:
137c047b.jpg

still not interested :slap:slap

Yeah it was very unexpected and... rough.

I still can't find some good and detailed pics in order to start make his authentic jacket :gah:

Dastan finally came in today!

This figure definitely looks so much better in hand than in pics. The neck is obviously a bit too long, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. Too me it looks a bit too short without the neck joint.

The only issue I had/have was that the left arm at the elbow joint was glued shut similar to how some of the Berserker Pred legs were. But I carefully pulled my xacto knife through the joint and now it works like normal with no damage. Very happy with this and glad I traded for it!

Here are some quick pics with my phone I snagged before putting him back in the box. More and hopefully better will come once he's at home with the rest of my collection...

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Back