Hot Toys - Prey: Feral Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh WOW. THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!!!
Thanks for sharing those high quality photos - it looks amazing here.
Yeah complaints about the construction of the figure aside (exposed joints, etc), sculpt and paintwork is some next-level stuff. I didn't initially notice the real quills by his 'ears' and along his collar bone. They used to just paint those on.

Last edited:
Oh wow that paint work really does look spectacular! I do t think they’ve taken a step backward, this figure does look really good. I wanna see it without the helmet. As much as I disliked the design of the face, I hope HT didn’t take any artistic liberties.

Boy did my hype for this movie die. I thought that I’d be over the moon to see this figure revealed, but I’m not that excited. If this were revealed along side the movie, they probably would have gotten me on that hype train. I guess it just goes to show exactly how much I like the design and the movie after I’ve had a long cooling period. Definitely a cool looking figure, exposed joints and all, but I don’t think I’ll be getting this one.

Boy did my hype for this movie die. I thought that I’d be over the moon to see this figure revealed, but I’m not that excited. If this were revealed along side the movie, they probably would have gotten me on that hype train. I guess it just goes to show exactly how much I like the design and the movie after I’ve had a long cooling period.

Exactly. Hot Toys should’ve put the teaser pics up for this as soon as the movie was out. They’ve lost out on a ton of sales because of their stupid marketing decisions.

At a low enough resolution, everything 'just looks like a NECA figure'. ;) How about some high quality imagery.

View attachment 652189
View attachment 652188

Not all that impressed to be honest.
Sure the paint is more detailed but it still looks like a scaled up NECA figure. Very similar looking joints too.
The design of this thing doesn't help, which isn't HTs fault.
The basic bone mask, lack of netting, dull skin colourisation, horrible noodle thin dreadlocks.

Last edited:
Joint are always the way to go, this looks awesome. Rubber bodies and suits that distort at the slightest pose are garbage, not to mention the possibility of degrading.
Personally I'm not asking for rubber bodies. But they haven't had a jointed torso body for Predators since the 1st gen Hot Toys. Last was the MMS126 Guardian believe, which was 13 years ago

Personally I'm not asking for rubber bodies. But they haven't had a jointed torso body for Predators since the 1st gen Hot Toys. Last was the MMS126 Guardian believe, which was 13 years ago
Guardian was that long ago? I remember the pre-order stress for that guy! What a fun time!

Some convention photos from Hot Toys' official account:

1690559737533.png

1690559748822.png

Back