Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

So ready for this beast to go up for PO! I love the blue holographic globes it comes with too!

I enlarged the picture too, and to be honest, I dont think the mask is any different to what we see the predator wearing. The "bullet shot" looks the same, and it also has the same scratches.:dunno
We wont know for sure until we get some better pics with different angles.

Not sure, but I would say that the center scratch looks bigger, different, more noticiable and has that bullet shot shape to me ¿¿?? :dunno

Anyways..We'll have to wait for the official SPECS and best quality pics to find out :monkey3

Glad i passed on the first P1 Pred.

A second head would add like $50 to the price.

Maybe the second head is just for displaying the options and see how looks the head unmasked.

But... 50$ ¿¿?? You guys, always thniking on Evil- Bay prices (or second market) and don't remember that many figures have extra heads without increaasing the final retailer's price :lecture

I bet if he had a second head he would be $230. I could live with that if I got two heads.

That closed mouth head sculpt has me drooling. He looks incredible. What's the deal with the unmasked head and mask to the left of the pic? Separate or as one?

That closed mouth head sculpt has me drooling. He looks incredible. What's the deal with the unmasked head and mask to the left of the pic? Seperate or as one?

That's the question bro! :wink1:

That closed mouth head sculpt has me drooling. He looks incredible. What's the deal with the unmasked head and mask to the left of the pic? Separate or as one?

looks to be a open mandible under the second head in the pic.

Me too. If it means greater mandible accuracy.:yess:

So customisers...what's the action plan to make this into a P1?

Swap all the missing accesories from the old P1 (necklace, Trophy skulls, pouch, bicep armor and hose, spinal trophy...) and converting the Classic into P1 and viceversa :lecture

Pretty easy :wink1:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Really I think what HT should do is use the original P1 for reference and not the new Classic. I can tell you when you see the behind the scene suit pics from Predators you see the sculpting on classic was thrown together very fast. Parts of it are crude like the hands and feet but it ended up looking fine in the movie. I remember looking at the pics and thinking oh man kind of rough. What HT has done here is make it look better than the movie sculpt but a die hard fan that studies the details will see it's classic and not P1. Maybe the body and over look is good enough to pass for P1 but if HT will redo Elder for example the back pack and gun need a redo. I know why they went this way is because Fox gave them really great pics of all the detail like they did us. Trying to figure out detail from movies like P1 and P2 take so much study and work. I think P2 will get an all new sculpt but P1 and not so sure about. I wouldn't be surprised if HT just used this new Classic for P1 and the Elder but that would be a disappointment for me anyway even though I want the new classic figure. They really nailed it big time but they nailed the classic and not P1. Maybe the body looks enough like KPH that it will pass for a lot of fans to be P1 with the skulls and a new left shoulder piece.

If you look at the crotch armour, you'll see the little "quotation lines" match the angle of p1 not classic --
used diffeent references as u said and classic was indeed thrown together for the film
...I don't think it beneath them to create p1-ish armour (even if inaccurate) so they'd just reuse it when rereleasing as p1 or even elder (though they should resculpt for Elder.

The right gauntlet has the wrong angles for both classic as well as p1. classic would also get the helmet fatter in the jaw---

they used the same body for the p2 snake pred - even though they should be different
, but are releasing it as classic, by inlcuding the cracked mask, not adding the bicep armour, no trophies, etc - however, if they are really on their game, they'd make the little adjustments to some of the details in the armour -but -not when it costs $3-5 grand just for one metal mold...My guess is they'll use this as a base with different accessories (add trophies, bicep armour, correct plasma caster)- (and reuse some parts in this set) when they revisist p1 or elder.

Last edited:

Not sure, but I would say that the center scratch looks bigger, different, more noticiable and has that bullet shot shape to me ¿¿?? :dunno

Anyways..We'll have to wait for the official SPECS and best quality pics to find out :monkey3

You could be right, my friend. But to me it looks like the same mask from what we can see at this angle.
I think the bullet shot looks exactly the same, and so do the scratches -
Untitled-10.png

Hopefully Im wrong though.:pray:

Swap all the missing accesories from the old P1 (necklace, Trophy skulls, pouch, bicep armor and hose, spinal trophy...) and converting the Classic into P1 and viceversa :lecture

Pretty easy :wink1:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:wink1: :wink1: :wink1:

Updated ones would have been nice for this guy though. Even just as an extra in the box.

You could be right, my friend. But to me it looks like the same mask from what we can see at this angle.
I think the bullet shot looks exactly the same, and so do the scratches -
Untitled-10.png

Hopefully Im wrong though.:pray:

I think I was wrong..:slap

but it would be great to be a bullet hole .... :monkey2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back