Hot Toys OT Star Wars 1/6: your biggest want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you desire most?

• Total voters
Ok I went with ANH Obi Wan (love the SSC version but why not another one?), ANH Luke (needed), Vader (love my modded SSCs but same as Obi), ESB Han (needed), ROTJ Jedi Luke (MOST needed). No need for another Boba or droids (Tamashii 3P0 just can't be beaten). No particular love for Princess Leia (ANH or slave) or Lando.

Man.... reading some of these comments.... does Hot Toys pay you or are you people just that madly in love with them?

We already got Darth Vader, a perfect one that will not be topped.

Ahh...you say this only because you have not seen the HT version yet.

As for what is wrong with the current SSC ESB/ROTJ Vader...

Helmet/Dome size
Helmet/Dome shape
Facemask sculpt completely wrong in proportions
Placement of dome covering the facemask
Overall height of figure
Arms arms are too skinny...

So, there is PLENTY of room to improve.

As a Vader snob/expert, Vader's overall appearance is effected greatly by the helmet and body proportions. If the helmet is done wrong it throws off the whole deal.

With the exception of the eFX Legend and Limited ANH Vader helmet....I will say confidently that no company has produced and accurate Vader statue or figure....yet.

I wasn't 'calling you out'. Brah.

Tell you what; I'll answer your questions when you can hold a conversation and stop only replying to select ones of mine. Deal?

Oh, avoid my questions because I am right. :lol

You do not own Vader, believe a member on here has contacts with HT, and have yet to provide justification of why HT Vader will be better than SSC Vader.

Yeah........ :cuckoo:

Ahh...you say this only because you have not seen the HT version yet.

As for what is wrong with the current SSC ESB/ROTJ Vader...

Helmet/Dome size
Helmet/Dome shape
Facemask sculpt completely wrong in proportions
Placement of dome covering the facemask
Overall height of figure
Arms arms are too skinny...

So, there is PLENTY of room to improve.

As a Vader snob/expert, Vader's overall appearance is effected greatly by the helmet and body proportions. If the helmet is done wrong it throws off the whole deal.

With the exception of the eFX Legend and Limited ANH Vader helmet....I will say confidently that no company has produced and accurate Vader statue or figure....yet.

i agree........while the SSC one was decent to good, definite room for improvment. If/When HT does ANH Vader, I hope they make the figure as wonky as the actual costume....scratches and all

The moment HT Vader is shown, there will be 100 pages in that thread Day ONE

i agree........while the SSC one was decent to good, definite room for improvment. If/When HT does ANH Vader, I hope they make the figure as wonky as the actual costume....scratches and all

That's what I loved about the hurricane ANH I owned. Such attention given to the imperfections of the screen costume.

Let's get the thread back on topic... no need to trolling or feeding those that troll. Infractions are standing by if needed :duff

As for the poll... I voted ROTJ. If I only had one figure in my collection, that would be the one. And I've owned the Medicom, later sold it after buying the Sideshow version and have since upgraded the Sideshow one using Bespin parts.

But still, I'd love a 100% HT redo on that one.

When it comes to what I'd buy, just about anything... I don't suspect HT will go anywhere near as deep as Sideshow has done so I think my Antilles and Bossk figures are safe. But any of the Human characters can be improved upon and I suspect we'll see most of the figures in your poll. I'd sell my ANH figures now, but they're not selling for much much point at the moment as they're all worth what I paid or less :lol

Voted for Obi Wan.

But farmboy Luke and Leia would be wants too. And Yoda. And a jawa. I want a jawa two-pack.

Back